Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

England World Cup squad 2022.

43 minutes ago, Bert said:

It’s crazy to think that Justin probably has more of a chance than Maddison but even then I think it’s a long shot. 

Walker & James are injured, along with Chilwell. You would say now that it’s Luke Shaw nailed on to start at left back and Trippier to start at right back. Trent will go, and I think Ben White will get in because he’s played at right back as well as centre back. Southgate has also used Saka at LWB numerous times.

Then you’ve got the centre halves which will likely consist of Maguire, Stones, Coady, Dier & Tomori. So with those mentioned - 

TAA

Trippier

White 

Shaw 

Stones

Maguire 

Tomori

Dier

Coady

Personally think his central midfielders will be: 

Rice

Bellingham

Henderson 

JWP

Believe Kalvin Phillips is injured? 

Then attacking wise you’ll have 

Mount

Foden

Grealish

Saka

Sterling 

Bowen (Madders best chance of making it instead of him) 

Kane 

Abraham

Wilson/Toney

Imagine he’ll name one of the injured lads as well. Just cannot see him putting Maddison in. 

He will take Walker (instead of White) and Phillips (instead of JWP)  

JWP probably misses out.

Can see him taking Toney now. 

I just can't see who he drops to bring Maddison in. He should drop any of them, but he won't. 

GK - Pickford, Pope, Ramsdale.

RB - Walker, Trippier, TAA

CB - Stones, Tomori, White, Dier, Coady, Maguire

LB - Shaw, Justin (as i can't think of another left back) 

CM - Rice, Bellingham, Henderson, Phillips

AM - , Foden, Grealish, Mount, Saka

FW - Kane, Wilson, Abraham

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

I agree, people seem to think we'll walk the group, I can't see it.  I just hope we don't lose to the USA I'll never hear the end of it.

This is the most frightening thing. I hear left and right that SF are achievable and our group is easy. I have watched both USA and Iran and they're more than capable to cause a big upset.

Iran has so many players with technical dribbling abilities, their defense is solid and they have a manager who is very good tactically. He switches from a 4-1-4-1 to a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 according to the opponent. They were very good against Senegal. 

USA is a different beast altogether. These ones play like robots and it feels they have 100% pass completion in every game. They move methodically everywhere in the pitch. 

That said, we'll probably manage a win against the weakest team of the group (Wales) and another draw will get us into the next round. Is it enough for Southgate and his clappers? I would say yes. 

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

My England team (be warned, it's depressing).

I think England are best in a 4-3-3.

GK - Pickford, Pope, Ramsdale.

RB - Walker, Trippier, James

CB - Stones, Tomori, White, Dier, Coady

LB - Shaw, Justin

CM - Rice, Bellingham, JWP, Henderson, Phillips

AM - Maddison, Foden, Grealish, Mount, Saka

FW - Kane, Wilson, Toney.

Pickford

James Stones White Shaw

Maddison Rice Bellingham

Saka Kane Foden

Honestly, just an outside perspective, but this team is screaming out for a player like Barnes to be included. Someone who is direct, who wants to take someone on and put a fullback under pressure. An actual out-and-out winger. Sterling and Saka are likely to be included, but that's only two options. 

I know England typically play 3 atb, but in a world cup you need to have a plan B when plan A isn't working. In my opinion, that's 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 with wingers like Sterling/Saka/Barnes/etc. Honestly, given the CB options, im surprised England play so much 3 atb. I guess it's because you can use a fullback as a RCB/LCB and Southgate wants to shoehorn as many fullbacks into the squad/starting XI as possible lol

16 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

This is the most frightening thing. I hear left and right that SF are achievable and our group is easy. I have watched both USA and Iran and they're more than capable to cause a big upset.

Iran has so many players with technical dribbling abilities, their defense is solid and they have a manager who is very good tactically. He switches from a 4-1-4-1 to a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 according to the opponent. They were very good against Senegal. 

USA is a different beast altogether. These ones play like robots and it feels they have 100% pass completion in every game. They move methodically everywhere in the pitch. 

That said, we'll probably manage a win against the weakest team of the group (Wales) and another draw will get us into the next round. Is it enough for Southgate and his clappers? I would say yes. 

I heard Danny Murphy for one say we could have 3 different teams that would win the group easily...

Probably just the usual hype and expectation then they will complain we don't and say the team/squad isn't good enough. 

17 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Iran’s team has players who play for Zagreb (beat Chelsea), Feyenoord, Leverkusen, Porto, Brentford and AEK Athens. Consider they have a decent manager, and were essentially one goal from getting through a group with Spain and Portugal in 2018, then any preceding arrogance will leave us with egg on our face. No wonder we wanted them kicked out. 

Just read an article on sky sports by Rob Dorset saying that Southgate is sweating on the fitness of Kalvin Phillips and Kyle Walker.  
Why ? They shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad, neither have played for weeks. Phillips in particular.

Same goes for Maguire, he might not be injured but has spent nearly all season sat on the bench.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

It’s a farcical World Cup, winning it would be shit so that’s probably what stinky Southgate will do.

there’s definitely some shine that’s been taken off of the prestige  due to the documented issues.

With James supposedly being told he’s not being considered now, I don’t see how it’s anything other than this…

J Pickford, N Pope, A Ramsdale

K Trippier (LB cover), K Walker, Trent

B White, F Tomori, H Maguire, E Dier, 

J Stones

L Shaw

J Henderson, D Rice, K Phillips, 

J Bellingham, M Mount, J Maddison

B Saka (LWB cover), R Sterling

H Kane, T Abraham, M Rashford, C Wilson

P Foden, J Grealish

Edited by Aleksz

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Confirmed 2pm announcement. 

Think we're going to be disappointed. It'll be the usual favourites. With Southgate picking his love child. Unless we reach the semis I think Southgate is gone. Correct me if I'm wrong no manager in recent has made it to a fourth tournament managing england in recent times.