Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group E: Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, Japan

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Depends how much they win by, and how many goals scored by Germany/Spain, and then how many Germany beat Costa Rica by. 

It does mean Japan vs Spain is less of a dead rubber in the final match of the group. Hopefully there won't be some kind of dead 0-0 draw and one of the sides will go out to be 100% side of winning. 

It'd be harsh to see a side win 2 of their 3 games and still not qualify. Must have happened before but can't recall it. 

The positive being that Japan have the H2H points over Germany if it comes down to it. 

Does H2H take preference over GD?

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Joe Cole and Karen Carney in the same studio is what the mute button on your TV was invented for.

Has there ever been a worse combination of accents on a football broadcast panel? My ears are bleeding. 

Thankfully we've got Big John's dulcet Abertawe tones on comms to compensate. 

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Japan wasting good chances from free kick kicks .

Another set of officials might have given a red there ?

Yes, I think you’re right. 

I’ve not seen all of this game, however from what I’ve seen, it’s been mostly Japan wasting stuff. 

Do hope this puts the Spain game in to context for some. I don't just mean on here. I've seen so many people dismiss Spain's performance against Costa Rica because of how bad Costa Rica were perceived to be. 

Said at the time Spain didn't get enough credit for making them look bad because of just how quick they were with and without the ball, just irresistible movement. 

Costa Rica shown today they're an alright defensive side. Stubborn, well organised, well drilled. Been too much for a "lesser" side to break down and their track record recently has been excellent defensively. 

Japan have come unstuck like loads of good counter attacking teams have over the years when they come up against a low block. It's not really that surprising. 

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

The ground the Germany /Spain game is being played at has seen 1 goal in 3 games..

Germans will be hoping Costa Rica hold on.

The stat about the lack of goals at the "early" kick offs was interesting. Way too fvcking hot to be playing at the early kick offs. 

• Like 1