Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Who's winning it?

38 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Giant Harry face sentry drones will patrol the streets disintegrating heretics with their red laser eyes

And we’ll all have to dress like Southgate and run like Sterling. What’s Charlie Brookers email? Is it soliciting for ideas?

40 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Hope:

Argentina - Morocco final, Argentina to win

Think:

France - Croatia final, France to win

I'm an ABC. Anyone but Croatia.

Probably slightly prefer Argentina to win, their strip is great (as long as they have black shorts) and, you know, Messi.

Would have no problem with either France or Morocco winning it.

Don't like Croatia.

I think it'll be a France-Argentina final and France will win. But then I thought Spain and Brazil might be in the semi-finals. so...

On 11/12/2022 at 11:00, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I'm an ABC. Anyone but Croatia.

Probably slightly prefer Argentina to win, their strip is great (as long as they have black shorts) and, you know, Messi.

Would have no problem with either France or Morocco winning it.

Don't like Croatia.

I think it'll be a France-Argentina final and France will win. But then I thought Spain and Brazil might be in the semi-finals. so...

Do you have Serbian heritage 😁

Naturally you'd pine for the underdog, but if France or Argentina can win it's good for football.

Football is better when teams with Messi's and Griezmann's prosper.

If I wanted to watch a sport that's all about strength and running power, I'd get in to the NFL.

Basically, bore off Southgate and learn to play with creativity at the heart of what we do. That doesn't mean playing Foden wide and compensating with 3 warriors in the middle.

Football at the highest level is all about fine margins and moments. You just tend to get more of those moments (and tip the balance in your favour) when you allow technically gifted players to flourish.

Edited by Nod.E
Spelling
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Naturally you'd pine for the underdog, but if France or Argentina can win it's good for football.

Football is better when teams with Messi's and Griezmann's prosper.

If I wanted to watch a sport that's all about strength and running power, I'd get in to the NFL.

Basically, bore off Southgate and learn to play with creativity at the heart of what we do. That doesn't mean playing Foden wide and compensating with 3 warriors in the middle.

Football at the highest level is all about fine margins and moments. You just tend to get more of those moments (and tip the balance in your favour) when you allow technically gifted players to flourish.

It might be good for football, but Morocco winning it is good for FIFA, their reason for being is to take football around the world and with 50 odd African members, they've got a lot of swing within the association.

13 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It might be good for football, but Morocco winning it is good for FIFA, their reason for being is to take football around the world and with 50 odd African members, they've got a lot of swing within the association.

Their reason for being is to make money. I don't care what is good for FIFA. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I want Messi and Argentina to win it just to shut up all the Ronaldo lovers who say "ah but Messi has never taken his team to a major tournament win". 

He's already won the Copa America whilst having the most goals, most assists and best player of the tournament

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

I want Messi and Argentina to win it just to shut up all the Ronaldo lovers who say "ah but Messi has never taken his team to a major tournament win". 

Agreed, he's already the greatest ever but this will rubber stamp it. What a 12 months CR7 has had.......