Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Who's winning it?

Brazil or Argentina. 

I think the SA teams will adapt better to the heat.

Was reading the Ronaldo (original, R9) article on BBC. When Brazil played England in WC 2002, Brazil were hoping for heat whilst England were praying for rain. It was hot on the day and it favoured Brazil.

Maybe the same will happen at this tournament.

I'd love Argentina to do it for Messi, but I'm not sure about the strength of their squad. Hard to call.

If it's a European nation, I think it'll be Belgium. If France had at least one of Pogba/Kante in then they'd be stronger. Missing both means their midfield lacks a lot. 

Hard to call, as per. Brazil have great depth, but my main concern with them would be the lack of integration for players, they all seem to play in different leagues. Besides, South American teams never fare well against European ones. 

Really think that we have a good chance, but I cannot see us progressing as far as the last two tournaments. Southgate just seems to become tactically inept when up against elite sides. There always seems to be a 'favourite' who go crashing out in the early stages, I do fear that it could be us.

Not the question but I think Uruguay for dark horses - they have a really good squad, but nobody is mentioning them. 

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

I feel like this World Cup is pretty wide open, and a good number of teams could feasibly win it. There's not a team like France in 2018 that felt inevitable, or even the perceived frontrunner of Brazil in 2014 playing at home (granted they lost in the semi's). Argentina has a very managable group, and should easily win it, but then face one of Denmark/France in the first knockout game. Same for Brazil, who would likely have to face Uruguay or Portugal. 

5 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Backed Belgium, squad looks brilliantly balanced, all about lukaka being on form, if he is then they will score a lot of goals with the supply line he'll get. They've got match winners in the middle in de bruyne and Tielemans, solid looking defence. I've backed them at 16s.

Lukaku top goals scorer at 25/1  :)

Brazil or Argentina for me.  European teams will struggle with the heat.  Will be watching Belgium cos of our 3 players.  As for England will go out to the first decent team we play after the group stage.  All you need to know about Southgate giving Maddison the number 25 ffs.  He wont play one game, great for us though.

Hard to see a European team winning it (maybe France or Spain) but won't be down to the heat. Most players have come through a hot summer and done their training so will be OK with the heat. Any players in South America will have just come out of their winter (many play in Europe anyway).

Interesting that teams like Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay have been mentioned, but no one is going for an African team. Maybe at last we'll see an African team get the trophy?

I'm going to contradict myself and say France will win it (with about 12% confidence).  Or Brazil.