Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Southgate Out!

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

We need a manager with passion like Klopp someone who is going to scream and point and shout until we are playing with some passion and desire for 90 minutes along with having a bit of tactical idea also, Southgate, Hodgson, Sven, Capello are not those types of managers esp with the talent we have available now.

Stuart Pearce would be a good option.

If thats all that is required then we may aswell just get that bloke from the Mars Bar advert on the cheap  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

We need a manager with passion like Klopp someone who is going to scream and point and shout until we are playing with some passion and desire for 90 minutes along with having a bit of tactical idea also, Southgate, Hodgson, Sven, Capello are not those types of managers esp with the talent we have available now.

Stuart Pearce would be a good option.

For you to get me and @Col city fan to agree is a rarity so it should provide an indication as to what a bad shout that is. The bloke got bullied by Joey Barton when he was manager at Man City and was by all accounts actually a terrible manager. Also lets not forget when he stuck David James up top rather than an actual striker, not only is it tactically stupid, he made Jon Macken look a tw*t.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

For you to get me and @Col city fan to agree is a rarity so it should provide an indication as to what a bad shout that is. The bloke got bullied by Joey Barton when he was manager at Man City and was by all accounts actually a terrible manager.

Might not be a good manager but neither is Southgate, if anything he would be more aggressive with the players and play a more attacking style even if he got bullied by Joey Barton which is probably not true.

Edited by whoareyaaa

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Might not be a good manager but neither is Southgate, if anything he would be more aggressive with the players and play a more attacking style even if he got bullied by Joey Barton which is probably not true.

How isn't it true😂, numerous players have said he couldn't cope with being a manager at Man City and Joey Barton had far too much power. Nedum Onuoha said Barton made Pearce sub him ffs.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2022 at 19:58, Corky said:

A manager obsessed by control/ making the game dull.

He'll always get results but these games are tedious against inferior opposition.

Some scary parallels with ourselves can be drawn by some of the comments in this thread.

But who are we going to replace him with?!?!

Said in another thread and had someone reply along the lines of "the FA aren't hiring a German m8" but if Tuchel is free (and reportedly settled in London with his family) we'd be insane not to test the water at the very least. He's a bit of a tosser and ultimately seems to rub people up the wrong way but he knows how to go far in knock-out football.

He's the standout candidate – the moment for Howe has been and gone and Dyche would be pointless.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Not a chance the FA would go for him IMO

Remains to be seen whether he could do it at international level but the fact he took over a Chelsea side in late January and had them win the Champions League tells me he's got some of the credentials. I think it wouldn't all be as harmonious as it has been but I also think England's chances of a trophy would improve tenfold and the latter matters more.

Would be typical of the FA to swerve him though.

Edited by Dan LCFC

I think the fa likely candidates are

Steve Cooper

Pochettino 

Chris Powell

Emma Hayes 

Brendan Rodgers

Some the names are a no no for me, but these are Fa easy choices.

Notice Potter and Howe reason being both are currently in comfortable jobs. Can't see either walking away. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Remains to be seen whether he could do it at international level but the fact he took over a Chelsea side in late January and had them win the Champions League tells me he's got some of the credentials. I think it wouldn't all be as harmonious as it has been but I also think England's chances of a trophy would improve tenfold and the latter matters more.

Would be typical of the FA to swerve him though.

Oh yeah he’s a good manager but the FA will want a yes man. In the same mould as Southgate