Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

His time is up now. He has wanted a good group of players 

Posted
Just now, Tuna said:

I'd say Southgate's off from his ITV interview.

Good.

 

Thanks for the games and all but its just time for someone who isnt scared to give others a chance. Mix it up more. Too safe.

Posted (edited)

How many different types of mangers have we had and no-one's done anything for 60 years.  I'm not bothered if he stays or goes wont make any difference.

 

The players do seem to like him and he's built a good teams spirit and reached a final and semi final which is more than any manager has achieved in 60 years.

 

But no doubt someone will come in, we'll lose in the quarters and people will be calling for a manger change and round and round we go.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 2
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I'd say Southgate's off from his ITV interview.

Please baby jesus, make it happen 

Posted

It’s probably the best England performance against a good side under him. 
 

Still flawed though obviously, I’m sure all of us share issue with how he picks his squads/teams. 

Posted

I want a manager who picks on merit. 

 

Southgate pretends to do that 

Posted

Hes just like Brendan. On the face of it, results are decent and he talks a good game. But cut through the bull shit and he's a stubborn, unlikeable bell sniffer!

Posted

The way the game ended reminded me of the Puel era. So often we’d make a brave fist of the second half and just seem to run out of time to turn it around…oh what we’d do for ten more minutes, we’d have beaten them etc but I’d always say why didn’t we do more with the 45 minutes of the first half. The ponderous walking football. Lack of movement and tempo…use those first half minutes to build a base and a lead not just get through it. Saka was brave and made things happen but overall as a unit it was just over cautious again. 

Guest Sharpe's Fox
Posted

Sven going out against that Brazil side and Portugal on pens is a better performance that Southgate going out against Croatia and France. I said what I said.

Posted

Best thing he did was unify the team and get the country behind THEM. If you can have that plus a decent manager then we could do something 

Posted (edited)

Pearson could do a job but dunno if the FA will go for him as he doesn’t suffer fools and he can be controversial in interviews.

Edited by Unabomber
Guest Sharpe's Fox
Posted
3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Pearson could do a job but dunno if the FA will go for him as he doesn’t suffer fools and he can be controversial in interviews.

My gaff if Pearson gets the England job

 

PAY-Patriotic-house.thumb.jpg.17acfa1350504d05a8d92bb6021f0a13.jpg

Posted
58 minutes ago, djskydiver said:

Why on earth doesn't he change it up earlier. Bringing Grealish on with 2 minutes to go is pathetic. 

There's another player Southgate should've bought on. 2 minutes left. Free kick 22 yards out....

 

Choke on those words around madders Southgate. 

  • Like 1
Posted

Let's hope that's the end of it for him. We need a proper manager.  He would struggle to get a job in a top half championship side. 

 

Guest Col city fan
Posted

I’d replace Southgate now personally. Not because he’s done a bad job. He hasn’t.

Or because he’s tactically basic. We know he is.

I’d replace him because I can see no point in keeping him in the job. How’s that for a fresh view!

If he stays, we qualify for the next tournament with ease. We know exactly who he’ll place his trust in. And we know if we meet a top European country in later rounds of the Euro’s, we’ll lose again. It’ll be very boring actually.

Tonight there was a game that was crying out for something a bit different. Who did he bring on? Sterling and Rashford. Again. Oh and Mount. Again.

Imagine how exciting it might have been if that last free kick was about to be taken by Maddison? Ok, we’re Leicester, so we’re biased. But wouldn’t it have been fresh. I’d put money on him scoring that, when I was convinced Rashford would put it over the bar. For proof, ask Mrs Col. I told her it’d go over… 😂

The point remains. You know what you get with Southgate. You get nice, friendly, safe, defensive. But we ultimately lose.

I’d like to see new, fresh, adventurous, different with a hope that next time we might actually win.

Posted

So... are we saying Southgate managed the better team but Kane lost us the match…? If we do sack him we’ll likely need to dodge him over the summer. Pluses and minuses.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...