Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Southgate Out!

How many different types of mangers have we had and no-one's done anything for 60 years.  I'm not bothered if he stays or goes wont make any difference.

The players do seem to like him and he's built a good teams spirit and reached a final and semi final which is more than any manager has achieved in 60 years.

But no doubt someone will come in, we'll lose in the quarters and people will be calling for a manger change and round and round we go.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 2

The way the game ended reminded me of the Puel era. So often we’d make a brave fist of the second half and just seem to run out of time to turn it around…oh what we’d do for ten more minutes, we’d have beaten them etc but I’d always say why didn’t we do more with the 45 minutes of the first half. The ponderous walking football. Lack of movement and tempo…use those first half minutes to build a base and a lead not just get through it. Saka was brave and made things happen but overall as a unit it was just over cautious again. 

58 minutes ago, djskydiver said:

Why on earth doesn't he change it up earlier. Bringing Grealish on with 2 minutes to go is pathetic. 

There's another player Southgate should've bought on. 2 minutes left. Free kick 22 yards out....

Choke on those words around madders Southgate. 

• Like 1

I’d replace Southgate now personally. Not because he’s done a bad job. He hasn’t.

Or because he’s tactically basic. We know he is.

I’d replace him because I can see no point in keeping him in the job. How’s that for a fresh view!

If he stays, we qualify for the next tournament with ease. We know exactly who he’ll place his trust in. And we know if we meet a top European country in later rounds of the Euro’s, we’ll lose again. It’ll be very boring actually.

Tonight there was a game that was crying out for something a bit different. Who did he bring on? Sterling and Rashford. Again. Oh and Mount. Again.

Imagine how exciting it might have been if that last free kick was about to be taken by Maddison? Ok, we’re Leicester, so we’re biased. But wouldn’t it have been fresh. I’d put money on him scoring that, when I was convinced Rashford would put it over the bar. For proof, ask Mrs Col. I told her it’d go over… 😂

The point remains. You know what you get with Southgate. You get nice, friendly, safe, defensive. But we ultimately lose.

I’d like to see new, fresh, adventurous, different with a hope that next time we might actually win.

• Like 1