Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

England Vs France - Saturday 10th Dec - 19:00

8 hours ago, J. James said:

No we would have perhaps taken the others to penalties....and lost.

This is England and England ALWAYS bottle the important matches in competitions.

As long as l can remember people are convinced that "this time is different", it never is or will be as long as the FA appoint the manager, which is effectively forever.

I have hope that I'll see LCFC win the prem again but none that I'll see England win the FWC!

2018 we finally beat our bogey team Sweden in a world cup match in a knockout team, columbia on pens, 2021 euro's we knocked out Germany and decent Ukraine and Denmark side and only ten minutes away from winning the european championships. We're a got a good team, with a good set of players lead by a poor manager. Southgate has done a fantastic job hands up, but surely now the Fa and Southgate must feel he's took as far as he could. Time for someone to step into take us to that next level which is actually won us a trophy. 

England don't want to risk wasting this good talent we have not like Belgium did with Martinez, all that talent but let down by poor management. Belgium between 2016 to 2022 should have at least won something with that squad.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lionator said:

Damn you’re hard to please (no offence). Winning 3 out of 11 finals or 3 GS’s at all in an era of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic is incredible. I think Murray is a winner, whereas Kane is a loser who has never quite had it when it really matters. 

Absolutely Murray is a winner and he's the one that brought the ancient ship home after 76 years adrift, but see below.

7 hours ago, weller54 said:

Congratulations for the most ridiculous, uneducated post of all time 😂.....

Screenshot_20221211_170146_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_92139584057815.jpg

Dude, I've been a fan of Murray since his epic Queens and Wimbledon runs in 2005 (remember that Nalbandian match?) and have kept an eye on him since he won the US Open junior title in 2004. Look at some of my comments way back when on the Tennis thread here if you like. I've defended the man against idiots pretty much all the way along as well as celebrating as hard as anyone else when he won those three Slam titles, as well as getting to world no.1 and beating Nole in London in 2016.

Perhaps I made the point rather hamfistedly and in a reactionary way in the aftermath of the England loss, but as much as I think the guy has been a great of the game and despite his superb record on the ATP Tour in general and in Masters tournaments, I can't help but look at 3 Slams from 11 finals and wonder... "What if?"

I don't think that makes me like the guy less or less of a fan for doing so. Though perhaps I am doing him a disservice by comparing him directly to Kane in the way I did.

27 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Obviously it’s not largely racial abuse, but Kane receives some pretty disgusting comments too. 

One of the best strikers in the World. I can't imagine other countries speak of their players the way some of our fans do. As above, it's those weird people who have an agenda against Spurs.

• Like 2

You could tell on Kane’s face and in his voice that he’s carved up about missing that penalty. No excuses given, no arrogance, just good, old fashioned, honesty.

I respect him more than ever after that tbh. He clearly gives a shit.

Maguire blamed the ref… he didn’t state how he felt after losing Giroud for that late winner. For that, I have zero respect for him.

Said it before, but the national team attracts the thickest twats. Proper dregs of society, single-cell stuff. Sun readers, probably.

You know will be from pretty much every major fanbase in the country too. 

We've got a long way to go. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

A628E76D-3E4D-4C09-9E57-4256E482F0E0.jpeg

8BC96E7A-CC09-4440-879B-0FC6D908E2AB.jpeg

I may be affording these people too much credit (and the bottom line here is that twitter is a cesspool and nobody should put any value in it at all) but I glance at those posts and I see pretty obvious deliberate irony. 

I'm fairly confident both of those posters are trying to (albeit maybe clumsily) make a point about the exact same racism that "MaaiNilson" was highlighting, they're just going a different way about it. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 08:19, Lionator said:

Brazil in 1982 were arguably the greatest side the world has ever seen international wise, Netherlands 1974 were up there too. However both came up against more clinical teams and didn’t win the World Cup. England played well but ultimately failed in those fine margins, whereas France were insanely clinical. 

Brazil 1970 were arguably the greatest side ever to grace a football pitch. There were six players who could have supplanted any subsequent Brazil team's players. I rated Zico, Falcao and Socrates, but the '70 side complemented each other so well, it was like they could read each other's minds.

Holland '74 failed at the last hurdle - maybe their goal came too early and gave Germany (West) time to regroup. 

Pretty much like France now, Brazil '70 looked nailed-on to lift the trophy, but more so...inevitably so.

The final of 1970 is a revelation of beautiful football. Clodoaldo's dribble past four of the Italian side being a notable part of the game. Check it out.

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

Brazil 1970 were arguably the greatest side ever to grace a football pitch. There were six players who could have supplanted any subsequent Brazil team's players. I rated Zico, Falcao and Socrates, but the '70 side complemented each other so well, it was like they could read each other's minds.

Holland '74 failed at the last hurdle - maybe their goal came too early and gave Germany (West) time to regroup. 

Pretty much like France now, Brazil '70 looked nailed-on to lift the trophy, but more so...inevitably so.

The final of 1970 is a revelation of beautiful football. Clodoaldo's dribble past four of the Italian side being a notable part of the game. Check it out.

Footage of the '74 World Cup final always get me. Cruyff picks up the ball as the deepest player, run at West Germany and eventually wins a penalty. Never seen anything like it.

• Like 1