Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Netherlands Vs Argentina - Friday 9th December - 19:00

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I guess I just don't buy into the endless hype surrounding both Messi and CR and while I think they are both superb players and the best of the current era (though coming to a close), I think it's foolhardy for so many people to label them the best ever.

I think the whole idea that there is such a thing as a 'best ever' is ridiculous, and I do get annoyed by the endless comparing and ranking that goes on - why the heck can't we just enjoy whatever/whoever we have at the moment.

I would say that probably nobody has been such an infectious joy to watch, so consistently, for so long, as Messi, and probably nobody has ever demonstrated as phenomenally as Ronaldo what can be achieved through monumental determination and self-belief, but best ever? Are they 'better' than Pele, or Maradona, or Cruyff, or Beckenbauer, or George Best, or Duncan Edwards, or Norman Leet? Who knows? Who cares? They're all different and we should just enjoy them all while they're around.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I think the whole idea that there is such a thing as a 'best ever' is ridiculous, and I do get annoyed by the endless comparing and ranking that goes on - why the heck can't we just enjoy whatever/whoever we have at the moment.

I would say that probably nobody has been such an infectious joy to watch, so consistently, for so long, as Messi, and probably nobody has ever demonstrated as phenomenally as Ronaldo what can be achieved through monumental determination and self-belief, but best ever? Are they 'better' than Pele, or Maradona, or Cruyff, or Beckenbauer, or George Best, or Duncan Edwards, or Norman Leet? Who knows? Who cares? They're all different and we should just enjoy them all while they're around.

Best ever in my opinion, is determined by someone being able to replicate what you have done. I dont think anyone can replicate what the likes of R9, Maradona, Messi have done but i do believe there are players and will be players who are able to replicate the achievements of Cristiano, Pele (to a certain extent) We're already seeing Mbappe, Haaland match goalscoring records at their age of the greats but the difference with players like Maradona, Messi etc is they offered you more than just goal, they offered the whole package and that makes you the greatest 

58 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

:appl: been saying this bloody nion 65+ yrs...

Enjoy,enjoy,enjoy....too many clever dicks,who believe punditry is more important than the game...

53 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Best ever in my opinion, is determined by someone being able to replicate what you have done. I dont think anyone can replicate what the likes of R9, Maradona, Messi have done but i do believe there are players and will be players who are able to replicate the achievements of Cristiano, Pele (to a certain extent) We're already seeing Mbappe, Haaland match goalscoring records at their age of the greats but the difference with players like Maradona, Messi etc is they offered you more than just goal, they offered the whole package and that makes you the greatest 

So what about those great defensive tackles,that happened more,a lot more in preventing them getting through..Even in the league's they played,a few also great defenders had their number...So what is a great..!!?