Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

World Cup Final - Argentina vs France - Sunday 18th December

6 hours ago, lcfc old boy said:

if i could i would have but i dont know how, apologies if you have taken offence in which you must off because why even bring it up, i just found it amusing the last piece 

OK. Not taking offence - just bemused at your perception of the French team. They were rough at times but the way they play is really enjoyable to watch..for me.

I think England are exemplary in their conduct. Should get a fair play medal.

10 hours ago, Livid said:

I’m going to have to go with Argentina. France seem to have ridden their luck against us and Morocco and I just see them coming undone unless they can raise their game to another level. 

France with Kante, Pogba and Benzema would be a different story. 

I respect Messi as a truly outstanding footballer but I’m really not looking forward to the massively nauseating media love in if they pull it off. 

Agree. It’s going to be absolutely painful, and also somewhat disrespectful to the rest of the Argentinian players, should they win. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I hope somebody sticks one on that piece of excrement Griezeman.

Along with Pogba he's the biggest **** in football. Little ratty face and stupid dances. **** needs to grow up.

Wouldn't be bothered if someone ended his career.

You don't like him much then?

On 15/12/2022 at 07:47, Fox92 said:

So tough to pick as an Englishman but it's got to be France. Can't have those lot from Argentina winning it.

But I think Argentina will win it. They seem to have the Messi factor about them this time, which I can only assume it was like in 1986 with Maradona contributing so much.

Hopefully it's just a good final.

As an Englishman it's pretty easy imo. France are one of our closest allies. Argentina.....not so much. 

On 15/12/2022 at 07:26, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

To begin with, I don't want to give the impression that I disagree with the post of yours I've quoted from - I don't. Indeed, it was a welcome riposte to some jingoistic Little Englander nonsense.

Except this bit.

a) no such thing as a rightful king. They were all just fighting and killing to claim the throne.

b) not sure you can say Anglo=English in this context. Obviously 'England' comes from 'Angle-land,' but the Angles weren't 'English.'

c) Harold's family connections were as much Scandinavian as 'English.'

Basically everyone - Normans, Anglo-Saxons, Norwegians - was just Vikings really!

d) You can't really say 'our' king Harold. After a thousand years, the modern English are descended from Normans as much as from Anglo-Saxons. Both sides (well, neither really) are 'ours.'

Anyway, that's my Thursday morning pedantry out of the way. Time for breakfast!

Meh - they're all just a bunch of foreigners after Boudicca lost, anyway :P  (Though, yes, there would have been lots of inter-continental trade and migration long before then, regardless...)

I'm quarter-French, but I dunno - I just find it hard to support this French team atm. - not the same with out Kante in the middle :P

I really hope Argentina win! Putting aside our footballing rivalry the way the side play is quite good to watch and Messi winning the world Cup would be fantastic. 

As for France I do find Mbappe and to a lesser extend Giroud to be quite unlikeable and the way they play is really conservative considering all the talent in the team it's quite uninspiring. Plus they won it last time too and a new champion is always preferable... 

On 17/12/2022 at 08:04, foxile5 said:

I hope somebody sticks one on that piece of excrement Griezeman.

Along with Pogba he's the biggest **** in football. Little ratty face and stupid dances. **** needs to grow up.

Wouldn't be bothered if someone ended his career.

Really?

Think you must have had a bad day to post some of that sh1t.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, trabuch said:

I genuinely don't understand why anyone would want France to win this. If you do can you enlighten me? If it's Maradonna hand of God and the Falklands I'm not interested. 

Lovely point.

Simon Jordan was spouting some sh1te about these being the reason WHY he diesnt want Argentina  to win.

Sounds very small man syndrome and juvenile.

If Countries didn't like England for the wars they started, no one would be their friends again ever.

Talk about living in the past..

Edited by Raj
  • Like 3

I really don’t mind either way who wins tbh. Either outcome has no effect on my life whatsoever.

I just hope it’s a good game and not a drab 0-0 that ends up with a pen shootout.

Just let Messi, Mbappe etc. showcase their skills and provide us with some decent entertainment really.

• Like 3

Hoping for Argentina today. Backpacked there in 1999, and they were the kindest people loving football with a passion. Got around hitchhiking, many picking me up because of my Danish Laudrup shirt. Also that Messi dude has delighted us for many years now without being an arrogant **** about it.

• Like 1

Griezmann and Mbappe aside this French side is pretty average imo, not close to as good as the team that won the last World Cup. Will be a close game. Acuna up against Mbappe could be decisive, and I don’t really fancy Acuna defensively. Much prefer the Argentine midfield, and of course Messi can win the game single handed on his day.