Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

World Cup Final - Argentina vs France - Sunday 18th December

I'd like Argentina to win it, simply for Messi.

It'll probably be an absolute hideous game, with either a mistake or a moment of magic deciding it.

2018 final was a bit of a miss match and an anomaly, but these are usually, in recent times, dull and tetchy games.

See 2014, 2010, 2006...

A late Messi moment of genius to win it.

Edited by tom27111

Could be one of the most boring finals ever. Just a load of players trying to out dive/scream/play act one another. Probably won't watch it as I really don't want either team to win. If I had to chose it would be Argentina simply because I think Messi deserves a World Cup. 

So it’s France v Argentina .

Or rather Messi v Mbappe and 20 other talented players.

Will we see a repeat of their 2018 classic or a cagey affair given what is at stake?

Be a few egg on faces if Argentina win after the mocking they got after losing to Saudi Arabia!

Edited by Super_horns

Like choosing how to die.

Nah in all seriousness I don't feel that strongly. I'm a bit of a romantic for World Cups and this is a particularly good final. Never happened before and two teams and countries truly worthy with very little in it I suspect. Really excited for it.

Hard to think of two sides that the English hate more, Argentina with a history of cheating players like Maradona and the 'hand of god' and the Argentines continued claims to the Falklands Islands. France who is our closest European neighbour who routinely block the channel tunnel with their fisherman or farmers when they have a dispute and who we were at war with ' the hundred years war' and whose arses we saved in world war I and II. 

• Like 1