Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

World Cup Final - Argentina vs France - Sunday 18th December

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

That game was fairly gash and a non event for 80 minutes, I'm not sure how people are calling it a classic lol

The bbc commentary for Messi's awful penalty nearly made me sick "sublime" "ridiculous" lol He pea-rolled the ball about 2 yards to the side of centre.

Got to say you usually post good things but that’s a bad take. Yeah the game was so one sided for 80 mins but what happened after made it an absolute classic. Also that pen was crazy, he knew where the goalie was going, very cool.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Now, I'm a bit torn about this to be honest.

It was and it wasn't.

There was plenty of drama, but seriously lacking in stuff like own goals and red cards!

I feel it was lacking some real 'iconic' moments.

It was good, but I don't know if it was great?

Maybe that's just me.

Probably just you, I thought it was great and had everything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Got to say you usually post good things but that’s a bad take. Yeah the game was so one sided for 80 mins but what happened after made it an absolute classic. Also that pen was crazy, he knew where the goalie was going, very cool.

It was a great end and ET was fun. I suppose it's a case of semantics a "classic" game doesn't necessarily have to be an end to end belter for 90/120 minutes, so I'll concede on that. 

2 periods of 10 minutes out of the 120 were top notch.

The penalty, nah I'm not having it. I'll never buy into this mad theory that any human is able to wait for the goalkeeper to make a move, register that in your mind and then being able to make a move and  adjust your body shape all within the space of half a second. He knew where he was going and was just hoping the keeper went the other way.

His pen against Croatia was top class, absolutely unsaveable.

Talking of classic games, nothing comes close to this game for me

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It was a great end and ET was fun. I suppose it's a case of semantics a "classic" game doesn't necessarily have to be an end to end belter for 90/120 minutes, so I'll concede on that. 

2 periods of 10 minutes out of the 120 were top notch.

The penalty, nah I'm not having it. I'll never buy into this mad theory that any human is able to wait for the goalkeeper to make a move, register that in your mind and then being able to make a move and  adjust your body shape all within the space of half a second. He knew where he was going and was just hoping the keeper went the other way.

His pen against Croatia was top class, absolutely unsaveable.

Talking of classic games, nothing comes close to this game for me

Buy into it or not, that's what happens... That's why they run up slowly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I think we just have to accept that our international side are a bunch of losers. 
The reasons for this are manifold and very complex, but it’s clear that we don’t have the fight or the confidence to win a tournament like this. 
That was an amazing final, played between two sides who both had so much spirit that they just were not prepared to lose. 
It was great to see but again hammers it home just how poor the England international side is by comparison (and what a mess the country is in).

Not a good time to be English at the moment.

I reckon if we make GB News compulsory viewing in schools we'll win a World Cup soon.

• Haha 3