Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-3 Newcastle - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Listen, everyone know, I’d rather us play like that.

As players they’ve gotta put a shift it, fight, have a ****ing go.

I could blame Rodgers for not getting them up for the game but they’re professional ****ing footballers, they shouldn’t need to be got up for a game, have some pride in their performances.

What does wind me up is Rodgers constantly claiming “We need to be more aggressive”. How long has he been saying that? When’s he going to do something about that?

Cags was aggressive once …. He’s not been put into the bin. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Listen, everyone know, I’d rather us play like that.

As players they’ve gotta put a shift it, fight, have a ****ing go.

I could blame Rodgers for not getting them up for the game but they’re professional ****ing footballers, they shouldn’t need to be got up for a game, have some pride in their performances.

What does wind me up is Rodgers constantly claiming “We need to be more aggressive”. How long has he been saying that? When’s he going to do something about that?

What do you want though? They played the game the way they're asked to and trained to.

The fact that nothing changed at half time despite a like for like sub tells you Rodgers was more than happy with it

The players will reflect their manager on the pitch. We often look like that, just more often than not, the other team isn't so aggressive in the press and we luckbox a goal or two

• Like 1

Too many basic errors that were punished clinically, and general lack of creativity. 

Maybe this is Rodgers’ cunning plan - play rubbish around the transfer window in the hope that the board backs him with more money :ph34r:

Joking aside, we need reinforcements. Amartey is decent cover but shouldn’t be no more, can’t rely on him to start week in week out. 

CB and LB are musts. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, taupe said:

Yes, I get where you're coming from and I sympathise with the view. I think we're all afraid of 'it happening again and shipping a shed full v Liverpool.

Could easily happen, losing to Newcastle then Liverpool is nothing to be concerned about though.

Our January fixtures of Fulham, Gillingham, Forest & Brighton is what I’ll look towards, hit another shit run during those four fixtures then I’ll be concerned again.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Piss poor showing. I honestly don’t rate Newcastle at all, worst case is we come away with a draw.

You may not rate them but they are currently top 4 for a reason. In the first half Newcastle played well and bullied us all over the pitch. In the 2nd half they didn't need to get out of 2nd gear. We aren't the first team they have done it to this season. On today's display, it doesn't look like they are approaching that drop in form many people are predicting. 

After a good run of results, that was really disappointing. If i am being cynical it had the sprinklings of Rodgers making a point and showing far too much respect to Newcastle, which i think messed up our first few games of the season (the point he is making is that he must have new players). I'm hoping its a blip, as i don't think Rodgers is getting anything this window. The games come thick and fast now and if he doesn't get their heads right we will be out of all cups in the in the bottom 3 again by Feb. Hugely important to bounce back from this and not behave like we did in August / September. 

Rodgers having no plan B is a real problem though. Daka wasn't the issue (i'm still convinced Pope was really lucky not to give away a penalty, no effort to get the ball at all), but Rodgers persisting with 1 up front is a real achilles heel in games like this.  Its fine when Tillymans (wtf) or Madders is scoring worldies, or if Barnes doesn't have a stinking hangover, but come up against a well drilled back line and the lone striker role just looks wrong.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3

We're basically a mid average team emphasised by the fact that instead of looking up the league at how many teams we should be able to climb above, we're taking gratification at the teams below us who keep losing. 

Rodgers is responsible for at least changing the attitude and organisational aspects that would give hope for some improvement. 

I just think he's out of his depth as a man manager and coach when you look at the gaping chasm in today's game. Not judged on the quality of players in each side but the yawning difference in endeavour and effort and working for your team mates. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

You may not rate them but they are currently top 4 for a reason. In the first half Newcastle played well and bullied us all over the pitch. In the 2nd half they didn't need to get out of 2nd gear. We aren't the first team they have done it to this season. On today's display, it doesn't look like they are approaching that drop in form many people are predicting. 

After a good run of results, that was really disappointing. If i am being cynical it had the sprinklings of Rodgers making a point and showing far too much respect to Newcastle, which i think messed up our first few games of the season (the point he is making is that he must have new players). I'm hoping its a blip, as i don't think Rodgers is getting anything this window. The games come thick and fast now and if he doesn't get their heads right we will be out of all cups in the in the bottom 3 again by Feb. Hugely important to bounce back from this and not behave like we did in August / September. 

Rodgers having no plan B is a real problem though. Daka wasn't the issue (i'm still convinced Pope was really lucky not to give away a penalty, no effort to get the ball at all), but Rodgers persisting with 1 up front is a real achilles heel in games like this.  Its fine when Tillymans (wtf) or Madders is scoring worldies, or if Barnes doesn't have a stinking hangover, but come up against a well drilled back line and the lone striker role just looks wrong.

They are and nobody can take that away from them, I fully expected Leicester to beat them but you may be right.
Are we to reliant on Maddison or Tielemans scoring world class goals, have they got Rodgers out of the shit before the World Cup