Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-3 Newcastle - Post-Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

****ing bullshit.

That’s on the players. Not one of them to a man looked bothered or could be arsed.

It will look like that when youre asked to sit off and only press in your own half as well as pass out against a high pressing team.

I'm not gonna criticize our home support as they hardly had a chance to cheer the team on when we were already down by 2 goals so early.

It's also freezing cold and having to watch that performance I feel bad for everybody and I felt pretty sick watching it on tv by the warm fireplace.

i'm not sure what I expected today post WC but I'd have guessed every team would be slightly off. Christ Newcastle looked like they used their

time off well to plan, prepare and train where as our lot looked like they hadn't played at all. Shockingly bad in every dept. Someone said this is

what we look like without Maddison. Also I feel we keep getting reminded what a sore miss Lookman is on days like these when Barnes is awful

and the team needs someone who will just go direct and attack the defence. Ruined my boxing day morning this booooooooo.

ps. Has anyone put together an Amartay blooper reel? Must be pretty extensive by now. Ward was regressing thru that game too and Waes too.

Atleast Perez was trying to do something. 

• Like 2

“Oh my god, I can’t believe our fans are so scared of an in form team playing well, how dare they be scared of Newcastle” 

“Can’t believe how arrogant the fans of an in form team are being, madness” 

righto… make ourselves look a right bunch of ****ing plumbs on this place sometimes lol 

A shame really, just never turned up. Second to everything and just didn't want it as much as Newcastle.

That said, I am sure its just some rust. It feels great to have club football back and I have no doubt we'll get back onto some good form.

What a shocking performance.

Thomas, Perez, Soumare, Youri, Daka, Praet not good enough or don't want it enough.

Without Maddsion and Vardy we look awful

Lots of work to do for the recruitment team, Rodgers is never going to build a team so god nos and the 3 players that have been quality in the past have been frozen out, Nididi, Nacho and Soy.

Edited by whoareyaaa

Absolutely laughable performance. Probably the worst since we’ve been back in the PL. I don’t think Newcastle are that good, but they’re everything we’re not.

Bruno Guimaires celebrating his tackle to our fans about summed it all up. The day surmised why I’m fed up with it all. The passion behind Newcastle compared to our place is night and day. Sure they’ve got a lot to sing about, but it was like that when we beat them 4-0. I didn’t even enjoy Milton Keynes.

Glad we’ve beaten a few shit teams to pull ourselves out of the mess, but the whole thing needs a massive shake-up. Cant believe anyone has been willing the World Cup to end for this lol 

Edit just remembered the 1-6 against Spurs.

Edited by RonnieTodger

Hugely disappointing result and display though I think the match thread showed quite a bit of overraction. 

Newcastle were well drilled, pressed well, impressively physical, and had a touch of class in Almiron. But we made it easy for them and their confidence was sky high after we simply imploded in those opening eight or so minutes from which we never looked like recovering. 

Six weeks or so ago, the players rightly getting the brickbats today on here were being lauded by many. Faes, Amartey, Soumare, Daka, Ward for example. 

Today we caught ourselves cold in that disastrous opening. Inexcusable really but I hope and believe we will play and do better against the sides around us. However, we do need to improve mentally and physically no doubt. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I'm not gonna criticize our home support as they hardly had a chance to cheer the team on when we were already down by 2 goals so early.

It's also freezing cold and having to watch that performance I feel bad for everybody and I felt pretty sick watching it on tv by the warm fireplace.

i'm not sure what I expected today post WC but I'd have guessed every team would be slightly off. Christ Newcastle looked like they used their

time off well to plan, prepare and train where as our lot looked like they hadn't played at all. Shockingly bad in every dept. Someone said this is

what we look like without Maddison. Also I feel we keep getting reminded what a sore miss Lookman is on days like these when Barnes is awful

and the team needs someone who will just go direct and attack the defence. Ruined my boxing day morning this booooooooo.

ps. Has anyone put together an Amartay blooper reel? Must be pretty extensive by now. Ward was regressing thru that game too and Waes too.

Atleast Perez was trying to do something. 

Our home support does need to be criticised. It’s awful. 

• Like 3

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

What a shocking performance.

Thomas, Perez, Soumare, Youri, Daka, Praet not good enough or don't want it enough.

Without Maddsion and Vardy we look awful

Lots of work to do for the recruitment team, Rodgers is never going to build a team so god nos. 

I’ve been critical in the past but Perez was about the only decent player today. Thomas should tip if that list 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It will look like that when youre asked to sit off and only press in your own half as well as pass out against a high pressing team.

Listen, everyone know, I’d rather us play like that.

As players they’ve gotta put a shift it, fight, have a ****ing go.

I could blame Rodgers for not getting them up for the game but they’re professional ****ing footballers, they shouldn’t need to be got up for a game, have some pride in their performances.

What does wind me up is Rodgers constantly claiming “We need to be more aggressive”. How long has he been saying that? When’s he going to do something about that?

• Like 4