Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

17 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I noticed Enzo walking over to the corner but stopping well short (was behind all the players), gave a quick clap turned on his heels and walked straight back down the tunnel.

He's definitely stewing on the fans reactions from recent games.

I noticed that too 😂

It’s like he remembered he didn’t like us after momentarily forgetting.

Although he did say the atmosphere was good (or something along those lines) on the clubs interview.

• Like 1

I've been an Enzo fan from the beginning, I really like the patient/baiting style we play. But it hasn't been working the past few games, teams have worked out how to play against us. We can still have loads of possession and play "tiki taka" football, but can break the opposition's defence down by being proactive with the ball.

Once we went one nil down to that ridiculous corner, the lads continued to play with their studs on the ball. And I think the fans could sense another 1-0 loss. So the crowd noise started...

But it worked.

The response to "Get into them, f*** them up" was big headers and big tackles

25 mins of avoiding Fatawu - when that first cross-field ball from Doyle came, the crowd celebrated like we had just equalised

When the ball was carried forward I heard cheers, when it went back I heard moans and grumbles

And what happened? We equalised. 

Start of the second half, the back three were constantly looking for the cross-field ball. Fatawu and Mavididi had their best games in weeks.

Basically what I'm trying to say is the jeering/moaning/cheering/shouting/swearing worked. We won 3-1. We turned the result around. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I noticed Enzo walking over to the corner but stopping well short (was behind all the players), gave a quick clap turned on his heels and walked straight back down the tunnel.

He's definitely stewing on the fans reactions from recent games.

Yeah he's a right soft sod - probably not happy his mate Guillem getting stick online and they can't shift tickets for Chutney Ivy 

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Yeah he's a right soft sod - probably not happy his mate Guillem getting stick online and they can't shift tickets for Chutney Ivy 

Or maybe he would rather the players get the praise? One win doesn't mean his job is done, but the players can take their credit for the performance.  People really do read into too much sometimes.

• Like 1

Think he was just more than happy for the players to soak it up. Usually when Enzo has gone to the crowd it's to appreciate the small section that actually makes noise. Not necessary yesterday as the atmosphere was good and the players need that confidence boost from the crowd 

So what we saying for Saturday:

- show full support to the players for 90 minutes. Birmingham supporters will be

- Vichai had a dream at the start of the game and on 66 minutes 

- Rudkin out / sack the board at full time for 30 mins like the Palace away game in 2016 (seems a long time ago that) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

So what we saying for Saturday:

- show full support to the players for 90 minutes. Birmingham supporters will be

- Vichai had a dream at the start of the game and on 66 minutes 

- Rudkin out / sack the board at full time for 30 mins like the Palace away game in 2016 (seems a long time ago that) 

Yes absolutely 

• Like 1

Guest leatherhead32

who were the lads in sk1 with the black t shirts on ?  anyhow   simon cowell wants em back .;)

1 hour ago, leatherhead32 said:

who were the lads in sk1 with the black t shirts on ?  anyhow   simon cowell wants em back .;)

Are you on the 'ive been to filbert street n stood on the kop those were the days my friend' Facebook group by any chance?

• Haha 2

Could hear both sections from C1. 

Filtered around a few times as well which was good. 

Best it’s been for a while. 

• Like 1

Yk what tho it could very well be a coincidence and probably is but we go and let in a goal in the 45th minute when the atmosphere has died down and fans have poured out to the concourse but then in the 88th minute when the fans are supporting the team and the stadium is still pretty much full we go and score 

41 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Buy yourself a silk one:scarf:

I bought a ufs advertised one a couple of weeks back and it’s perfect for the march to october months.. will take it Tuesday, will be thin enough to roll up in my pocket lol

• Like 3