Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Safe to say Ryan isn't just a loss to the deadheads at LCFC, but to English football in general, judging from that podcast.

The sport needs way more people with his thought process and creativity in positions of real power.

That’s very kind thank you. It was a fun time but also very tough fighting so many unnecessary battles, even at the better clubs.

Just now, RYM said:

That’s very kind thank you. It was a fun time but also very tough fighting so many unnecessary battles, even at the better clubs.

Can only begin to imagine. Hope you manage to find a way back into it some day.

I listened to this while driving to the Norwich game.

A great listen as always and genuinely interesting stuff on fan engagement. One point was made about fostering young first time fans and getting them to meet Filbert Fox etc. That sort of thing was fed back to the club, and they did introduce and announce something earlier this season - though it has caveats like the child already needs to have a ticket (so it’s not a ‘first game package’ type thing) and only a handful available for every game.

I also remember years ago when your birthday was coming up they’d invite you for the sit down meal experience with Birch coming over and handing you the team sheet. 

We clearly need to get better at fan engagement, because we have testing times on the horizon and we’ll need the fan base more than ever.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

A great listen as always and genuinely interesting stuff on fan engagement. One point was made about fostering young first time fans and getting them to meet Filbert Fox etc. That sort of thing was fed back to the club, and they did introduce and announce something earlier this season - though it has caveats like the child already needs to have a ticket (so it’s not a ‘first game package’ type thing) and only a handful available for every game.

I also remember years ago when your birthday was coming up they’d invite you for the sit down meal experience with Birch coming over and handing you the team sheet. 

We clearly need to get better at fan engagement, because we have testing times on the horizon and we’ll need the fan base more than ever.

I hadn’t seen that but just searched the site and found a link https://www.lcfc.com/matchday-experiences/my-first-match?lang=en but it’s also closed now for some reason

Shouldn’t need someone to apply, the club should be identifying fans, new fans old fans, birthdays etc and make the moments magical rather than another process.

If you create Monday morning stories you change lives!! Asking folk to apply for stuff is so lazy of the club! Terrible really. 

I would guess this was introduced this season because you can win awards for family excellence in the EFL. The EFL do 2 mystery shops a season, one at the start and one in the final quarter. First time fans is something they’ll look at, but again applying isn’t the way to go! 

They look at the whole family experience one of which is how easy it is to buy tickets!!! There’s a fair few touch points.
Clubs like LCFC should have a special family website with interactive stuff, games, guides on where you can eat, menus, what there is to do before the game, how to meet Filbert etc etc! We had one at Brentford but now they are in the EPL it’s gone!!!

blah blah blah again sorry 😫

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RYM said:

I hadn’t seen that but just searched the site and found a link https://www.lcfc.com/matchday-experiences/my-first-match?lang=en but it’s also closed now for some reason

Shouldn’t need someone to apply, the club should be identifying fans, new fans old fans, birthdays etc and make the moments magical rather than another process.

If you create Monday morning stories you change lives!! Asking folk to apply for stuff is so lazy of the club! Terrible really. 

I would guess this was introduced this season because you can win awards for family excellence in the EFL. The EFL do 2 mystery shops a season, one at the start and one in the final quarter. First time fans is something they’ll look at, but again applying isn’t the way to go! 

They look at the whole family experience one of which is how easy it is to buy tickets!!! There’s a fair few touch points.
Clubs like LCFC should have a special family website with interactive stuff, games, guides on where you can eat, menus, what there is to do before the game, how to meet Filbert etc etc! We had one at Brentford but now they are in the EPL it’s gone!!!

blah blah blah again sorry 😫

To be fair, I took my 3 year old and nephew to the Birmingham FA cup game for their first game, my dad sent an email to Jim asking if they could meet filbert, and Jim sorted that out for filbert to come to them before KO, an official club photo and a goody bag with a few bits and bobs in which for two young kids they loved. So that was a nice touch and appreciated.

• Like 1

Kids have begged me to take them to the player signing tomorrow with Hermansen & Winks.

Rather than being a free thing it's £10 each kid accompanied by a long email which mentions staff are not there to help with photos etc they are there to ensure the queue moves swiftly.

I flat out refused to pay to be treated like shit and herded through as quick as possible but the Mrs relented and booked it for them.

So unwelcoming and cold.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Kids have begged me to take them to the player signing tomorrow with Hermansen & Winks.

Rather than being a free thing it's £10 each kid accompanied by a long email which mentions staff are not there to help with photos etc they are there to ensure the queue moves swiftly.

I flat out refused to pay to be treated like shit and herded through as quick as possible but the Mrs relented and booked it for them.

So unwelcoming and cold.

It’s a fcking joke to charge for this. 
I know we need to generate money but from kids… Jesus.  
I remember going to a signing as a kid in around 2009 and it was free as far as I remember. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Rain King said:

So unwelcoming and cold.

So bad to charge, the kids will love it of course but the whole idea of charging so you can meet a player is the complete opposite of why you should be doing these things.

Fan engagement should not be transactional. Let more kids in, let them meet more heroes, more often and they’ll fall in love with the club. You’ll lose your £10 now but you’ll make £1000’s over time.

It’s so simple, but then financial decisions aren’t our strong point.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RYM said:

So bad to charge, the kids will love it of course but the whole idea of charging so you can meet a player is the complete opposite of why you should be doing these things.

Fan engagement should not be transactional. Let more kids in, let them meet more heroes, more often and they’ll fall in love with the club. You’ll lose your £10 now but you’ll make £1000’s over time.

It’s so simple, but then financial decisions aren’t our strong point.

The club have had several free signing sessions for STHs and members over school holiday periods, over last season and the first half of this season. There's been about 5 free sessions each with 2 players. You were allowed to bring whatever you liked to get signed, there were 5x7' pics of the players in the fan store which you could buy to get signed but that was optional. The staff would also oblige to help take pictures. 

But since the second half of this season, the signing sessions have become paid and open to "general sale" with this player card thing instead. Can't see why they'd suddenly change it apart from desperation to scrape the extra £2k or so in revenue per session.. 

50 minutes ago, Clarkielcfc said:

To be fair, I took my 3 year old and nephew to the Birmingham FA cup game for their first game, my dad sent an email to Jim asking if they could meet filbert, and Jim sorted that out for filbert to come to them before KO, an official club photo and a goody bag with a few bits and bobs in which for two young kids they loved. So that was a nice touch and appreciated.

Thats lovely. Jim’s a good egg.

Hope the club followed it up? Asked for feedback on the kids day etc?

Kids don’t tend to remember results but they’ll remember meeting Filbert.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rain King said:

So unwelcoming and cold.

Sounds worse than a colonoscopy 

On 03/04/2024 at 08:21, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Until the club stops seeing it as ‘customer engagement’ rather than fan engagement not much is going to change unfortunately. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RYM said:

Thats lovely. Jim’s a good egg.

Hope the club followed it up? Asked for feedback on the kids day etc?

Kids don’t tend to remember results but they’ll remember meeting Filbert.

Yes they did do which was good also, and sent through the photos. Like you said when it’s to do with the youngsters to begin with it’s ’the little things’ that make the big difference. 

Listened to this yesterday on a long drive and echo all the other comments, really interesting pod and some great ideas.

I've always been bemused watching football highlights and seeing thousands upon thousands of empty seats. Not really something Leicester struggle with but surely L1/L2 clubs should reach out and offer free tickets to kids/reduced family packages to get the next generation of fans in. As pointed out in the pod and above you might take a £30 hit on a full price ticket but you'll earn many thousands over the next 40/50/60 years...

26 minutes ago, Foxontherocks said:

Listened to this yesterday on a long drive and echo all the other comments, really interesting pod and some great ideas.

I've always been bemused watching football highlights and seeing thousands upon thousands of empty seats. Not really something Leicester struggle with but surely L1/L2 clubs should reach out and offer free tickets to kids/reduced family packages to get the next generation of fans in. As pointed out in the pod and above you might take a £30 hit on a full price ticket but you'll earn many thousands over the next 40/50/60 years...

You need the experience for new fans to be really good before you bring in kids and families. The football is likely to be crap so you need the hook to be all the other things around it. Lots of clubs been doing some good stuff in the EFL. Long, long term projects.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Foxontherocks said:

Really frustrates me as I have always felt clubs especially in the lower leagues miss a trick by not offering heavily discounted entry fees to kids/families especially for fixtures where low attendances are anticipated, at the end of the day an empty seat will not buy a programme or a hot dog or get the bug to want to go to another game or buy a replica shirt or kit. 

A kid for a quid or a family ticket of 4 people for say £20/£25 would really help smaller clubs attract new fans and increase attendances and revenue. 

Currently as it stands our club are in the fortunate position of not needing to do this and as a consequence dare I say have got to a stage of taking the fanbase for granted. If we end up enduring a long stay in the EFL then it will be highly likely we start to see average attendances are of no more than 20-22k and then all of a sudden the club will be desperate to attract a new wave of supporters but it will be from a standing start. The club needs to be more proactive in its fan engagement and taking the opportunity to attract new fans. 

A few years in the EFL and the club may lose a generation of supporters to the big 6 so need to wake up smell the coffee and act now. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri

Another great pod!

Got the ‘Who Are You’ in one*, did question myself as I thought (like Jordan) that it had already been done but I think it was a ‘Where did he come from, Where did he go’.

*Did help that for reasons I cannot remember I was looking at his career on Wikipedia a week or two ago and remembered his middle name but must have subconsciously took place of birth in aswell to get it off the first clue.

On 19/03/2024 at 13:12, Ric Flair said:

🚨 Monday Shite Phone In Episode 🚨

It's longer than all three Godfather films and Titanic put together

@Ric Flair @BSLBPod Can you post all episodes on here like this.

Spotify is an arse to get on to sometimes.  But this way people can listen without having to login. 

Ta

On 04/04/2024 at 00:07, brucey said:

The club have had several free signing sessions for STHs and members over school holiday periods, over last season and the first half of this season. There's been about 5 free sessions each with 2 players. You were allowed to bring whatever you liked to get signed, there were 5x7' pics of the players in the fan store which you could buy to get signed but that was optional. The staff would also oblige to help take pictures. 

But since the second half of this season, the signing sessions have become paid and open to "general sale" with this player card thing instead. Can't see why they'd suddenly change it apart from desperation to scrape the extra £2k or so in revenue per session.. 

Very poor show.... 

• Like 1