Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

52 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Can’t wait to hear Jordan ‘do people not understand that this is the ONLY way to play football’ Halford’s take on how we play football 

I was chatting to him post match and he was just as livid about the performance and stubbornness as we all are 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Recording tonight all being well. As of yesterday afternoon Jord was livid, welcome to the club.

@Ric FlairCan we expect a booze-fuelled rant and frequent use of the bleep sound effects? 
;D

37 minutes ago, RYM said:

Thanks 🙏🏻

Fan Engagement is very simple really. You just need to understand the fans , listen and to then deliver. I spent a lot of time out of work visiting fan groups in their pubs, in 70 year old miners working men’s clubs in Doncaster to try and educate myself etc. It’s quite intimidating at times but you have to get your hands dirty to get it right.

I was never a fan of the clubs I worked for, but I was a fan that paid money to watch their own club fail more than succeed. 

I got lots right in my time and lots wrong, helped a lot of fans, got a lot of bollockings for upsetting the internal Apple carts, but you have to challenge the board and senior management, (which many won’t do) to make it work properly.

i could talk all day, sorry ha 

Yeah it was fascinating to hear you speak as it’s really simple things when you think about it but it means the world to fans and as you say creates that bond with them and the club. The stuff you did with the Brentford brown and orange shirt was genius as it showed the club made a mistake, had a joke about it and also humanised the people behind the scenes and the club. 

If only you were allowed to be in charge of fan engagement and were actually allowed to make these changes then the club wouldn’t have this massive disconnect and we wouldn’t feel like all the club cared about was our cash! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BakerLCFC said:

Yeah it was fascinating to hear you speak as it’s really simple things when you think about it but it means the world to fans and as you say creates that bond with them and the club. The stuff you did with the Brentford brown and orange shirt was genius as it showed the club made a mistake, had a joke about it and also humanised the people behind the scenes and the club. 

If only you were allowed to be in charge of fan engagement and were actually allowed to make these changes then the club wouldn’t have this massive disconnect and we wouldn’t feel like all the club cared about was our cash! 

The Jaffa cake shirt was fun and it turned people’s opinions definitely, fans that were quite toxic before. You just have to take a risk and change your tone of voice from talking like the BBC.

I could bore you with all sorts here but when I was at Donny, they were terrible on the pitch. We completely changed the language and just spoke to fans rather than at them. Stuff like this changed the game fan wise with comms, every signing that season we let a fan release because, well why not?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/fan-moans-doncaster-rovers-lack-5859205.amp

As for the club, despite being many, many years behind others they now have this new person in place so you hope for change. It’ll take time but if done correctly it could be great. I have also offered to help for free if they need it. 

I never heard back…

great episode. great guest.

I do worry when Jordan seems less optimistic - he usually provides the balance the rest of us need.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

great episode. great guest.

I do worry when Jordan seems less optimistic - he usually provides the the balance the rest of us need.

Yep totally agree. He sums it up perfectly and if Jord is on a downer it is a bad sign 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RYM said:

Thanks 🙏🏻

Fan Engagement is very simple really. You just need to understand the fans , listen and to then deliver. I spent a lot of time out of work visiting fan groups in their pubs, in 70 year old miners working men’s clubs in Doncaster to try and educate myself etc. It’s quite intimidating at times but you have to get your hands dirty to get it right.

I was never a fan of the clubs I worked for, but I was a fan that paid money to watch their own club fail more than succeed. 

I got lots right in my time and lots wrong, helped a lot of fans, got a lot of bollockings for upsetting the internal Apple carts, but you have to challenge the board and senior management, (which many won’t do) to make it work properly.

Can you take the fan engagement role at our club pal 😂?

• Haha 2

Really good points made about culture at the club.

Rodgers and Enzo are both, undoubtedly good coaches. But bullshit behind the scenes and terrible January windows potentially will let us down for 3 of the last 5 seasons.

I agree with many of the complaints about Enzo, and whilst he currently isn't performing in his role, the problems at the club are not the quality of head coach we employ.

• Like 1

I absolutely love the pod, I haven’t had the chance to listen to the latest episode as away on holiday and forgot my headphones and not sure my fellow holiday makers would appreciate hearing Ric’s dulcet tones blaring out many a swear word and Norris references 😂

I love the balance that the 4 of you bring, I tend to be in between Ric and Jordan, a wide range I know but in terms of the how the club is run I am definitely aligned with Ric but in terms of on the field I would say I am very much like Jordan, especially this season. 

I honestly fear a defeat tomorrow and the atmosphere will turn absolutely toxic and I am really not sure it will be reversed. Where we sit now is so reminiscent of where we were this time last year, albeit Brendan had just been sacked, we lacked energy, ideas and generally looked like a team that had thrown in the towel, I pissed on holiday and the team managed to lose back to back home games to Villa and Bournemouth showing little to no fight, I felt then the writing was on the wall. 

now fast forward 12 months and here I am back on holiday, we have bollocksed the 1st game of 2 critical matches and again the writing looks to be on the wall that we have capitulated and are facing at best a 2nd chance in the play offs. Albeit very different scenarios but the feelings that we have completely shit the bed and like last season we are going to end up feeling so devastated and heading into a summer of negativity and the unknown. 

What a complete and utter cluster**** the last 2/3 seasons have been, we have literally been written the blue print of how to go from European Semi-Final to blowing what looked an unassailable lead at the top of the championship and guaranteed promotion. We really are some club 😂 

ps in amidst of all this inane rambling and ranting, I was meant to be heaping praise on you @BSLBPod boys in what has been an eventful couple of seasons and that is putting it very mildly. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RYM said:

Thanks 🙏🏻

The cvnts in charge have lost me. Completely lost me. Home and away across decades - I wouldn't piss on the club if it was on fire now.

They don't listen, they don't care, and they are completely fvcking hopeless at what they're employed to do - and it's all the fault of the spoilt child who owns the club.

Cvnts, every single one.

• Like 1

Great pod and a much needed cathartic listen in response to recent results.

Loved the Chicken Kevs anecdote lol

It's depressing though that we're still talking about those responsible for relegation and there have been no consequences whatsoever a year later after we all thought relegation would purge us of the failures within the hierarchy.

I agree with Jordan that if we lose tomorrow, that's it, we've definitely ****ed it.

We're looking at becoming Portsmouth or Bolton if we don't go up and it's a terrifying thought.

• Like 1