Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

6 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Stoke fans seem to think 15/16m would do it or a cheaper deal involving Iversen. 

We have to learn from the Colwill/Fofana debacle in the summer here and use Iversen as a makeweight. I’ll take Smithies and Stolarcyzk holding the fort as back up for 6 months.

tbf Im with that, 12/15mil with iversen going on loan to them for the rest of the season, its a win win all round i think

16 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Stoke fans seem to think 15/16m would do it or a cheaper deal involving Iversen. 

We have to learn from the Colwill/Fofana debacle in the summer here and use Iversen as a makeweight. I’ll take Smithies and Stolarcyzk holding the fort as back up for 6 months.

If it brings the fee down enough then it might leave us enough to go out and get Lafont. I can dream...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

HE CAME FROM A LAND DOWN UNDER,

WE’VE TRIED THEM ALL, 
WE’VE EVEN TRIED ÜNDER

CAN YOU HEAR, CAN YOU HEAR THAT THUNDER? 
IT’S HARRY SOUTTAR, YOU BETTER TAKE COVER

https://youtu.be/XfR9iY5y94s

3 hours ago, LFox99 said:

born in Aberdeen mate

sounds well Aussie that lol

Just change the first line to “He plays for a land down under”, we gotta use this one if he signs. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Winds me up when fans can’t correctly spell a players name, sorry about that.

If I was bothered about appalling spelling I could spend another 15 minutes replying to your post.

Which station does that train depart from?

I'm not sure what's wrong with walkers either. Seems a harmless enough hobby.  

Edited by Bordersfox
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, teblin said:

I live in Staffordshire and know a few stoke fans. They have been talking about him highly for a couple of years.

hopefully they're right but it should be borne in mind that got all excited when Jon Walters was playing for them 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

Why don't Atletico Madrid sign him instead of Soyuncu?

If this signing was to replace Amartey, and be first backup to Soyuncu/Faes i'd be fine with it, but we shouldn't be bringing this guy in and letting a superior player go.

Unfortunately it is illegal to force people to sign contracts, and after June I guess it will be classed as kidnapping if we tried to keep him?

2 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Why don't Atletico Madrid sign him instead of Soyuncu?

If this signing was to replace Amartey, and be first backup to Soyuncu/Faes i'd be fine with it, but we shouldn't be bringing this guy in and letting a superior player go.

You think Söyüncü is better than this guy?

Based on what? Prime CS and I’d agree but he went awol for club and country a long time ago imo.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Wish people will let this go. Soyuncu has had contracts on the table and hasn’t signed them. He’s out the team as a result. Let it go.

Soyuncu, Tielemans and soon to be Maddison....Why should I let it go? You just keep following Rodgers blindly, and enjoy our descent into financial chaos very shortly. 

6 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The high-line lack of pace thing gets brought up a lot but is it really that essential if a centre half pairing is clever enough? Klopp won a few trophies and reached a Champions League final playing Subotic and Hummels in a side that was hardly camped back, or loaded with shit off a shovel full backs.

You're a braver man than me

Ticks all the boxes for me.

a. Tall - against some of the forwards City have encountered recently our blokes have looked Lilliputian. 

b. Committed. From the descriptions given he's not scared to make decisions and also to throw himself about a bit.

c. City desperately need to stop relying on Amartey and to bolster Faes with a proactive centre-back. 

d. He sounds like he's a self-starter - could be captain material. We need someone who's going to dominate.

As for the ACL, it's almost a rite of passage for pro footballers. I suspect, when it happens, the team mates who've avoided it think 'there but for fortune'. 

Players have progressively, through nutrition, weight training and physiological research, become stronger, faster and fitter. There's a school of thought that believes the knee has become more vulnerable to the stresses put upon it by the modern game/modern player. Until some definitive research is arrived at or some protective device is created then it's going to happen.

The best surgeon I've read of is a guy out in the US south-west. I suspect the rich clubs get preference as to who gets the best. All the side to side  mobility in the leg comes from the hips and ankle. What's needed is a lightweight, flexible support to provide protection during games (and maybe training). They certainly exist in skiing.

6 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Anything to get Amartey out the squad.

I kinda don't mind him being in the squad - in a way... But certainly not in the starting XI. We need players with a bit of experience who won't complain about being on the bench to fill in here and there and play a role in early cup games. In the absence of hungry and ready U23 players, there's a case I feel for Amartey being in the squad right now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Soyuncu, Tielemans and soon to be Maddison....Why should I let it go? You just keep following Rodgers blindly, and enjoy our descent into financial chaos very shortly. 

image.jpeg.90d92a019e32b826ba837853451247e1.jpeg

WELL I JUST HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR DESCENT INTO FINANCIAL CHAOS!!!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Anything to get Amartey out the squad.

I think that Amartey has done a great job for us in the circumstances. Never shy'd away when the going gets tough and, whilst not the greatest centre back we've every had, has filled that gap to keep the team competitive. 

Every club needs a Dan. 

• Like 3

And how exactly would you secure the signing of new contracts or contract extensions?

These players want to go to big clubs on big wages or they want more than we can pay them.

If other clubs don't come in for them with big offers as they don't consider them good enough to warrant the cash the club wants for them, do we sell them on the cheap or allow them to fulfil the contract they signed for the time signed for and hope they don't tool down or their heads go down and performances drop off?

The problem is the players believe they are good enough to play for one of these clubs but their only chance of joining is on a free as these clubs seemingly (with the exception of Maddison) don't want to pay a fee for them but would take them on a gamble then it is what it is.

• Like 2

Someone’s hit the sherry and is fanning their face with a lace handkerchief. 

Edited by hackneyfox