Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

We would need to get another keeper in.

Upgrade Smithies and pull one of the Youth keepers into 3rd choice. 

Either that or ask Ben Foster if he fancies doing his podcasts in Leicestershire for 3 months. 

46 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Not keen personally, but the last centre back we signed from Stoke probably saved us from relegation and was a big part of why we won the Premier league.

In fairness, Huth was a bit unique I think. If we’d have paid £15,000,000 for him, no one would have questioned it. He was proven Premier League quality and many were unsure why he wasn’t playing for Stoke. 

• Like 1

Saw him play 4 times at the WC. The thing that impressed me most was his commitment. He threw himself around all over the place and repeatedly to make (sometimes last ditch) tackles or blocks. Whether he could do that week in week out and not get injured i don't know (maybe that's why he had a recent ACL injury). The only criticism i had was given his height he should have done better for Mbappe's third French goal (but it was Mbappe :worship:) . Magnificent pass to pick out Matthew Leckie for Australia's opener in that game though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Out of interest who in squad had successfully recovered from an ACL.

I can't think of anyone. 

Actually Barnes did.

Barnes didn't do his knee ligaments, he had a piece of floating bone.

Was talking to some family members over Christmas who are Stoke STHs and they couldn't stop praising this guy. Said he was head and shoulders above any player in the Championship and their thoughts were that he could old day play for a side competing at the very top of the game. I'll be honest I'd never heard of him until then but if the fees decent I wouldn't be against this one. 

This bloke was saving the day for us Aussies 24/7 during the World Cup, hoped Leicester would be interested.

Comparisons to Maguire when good looked  very accurate.

Young, freakishly tall and aggressive.

If we can get a good deal worth doing for sure, does look prem quality.

Never mind the quality, according to Wikipedia if we signed this guy we would have had the two tallest Aussie internationals ever both to have played for us.

At 1.98 metres (6 ft 6 in), Souttar is the second tallest player to have represented the full Australia national team, behind Zeljko Kalac at 2.02 metres (6 ft 8 in).