Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

10 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Soyuncu, Tielemans and soon to be Maddison....Why should I let it go? You just keep following Rodgers blindly, and enjoy our descent into financial chaos very shortly. 

I mean I want Rodgers to go as much as the next man, but if you’re blaming anyone for the contracts situation it should be Rudkin not Rodgers.

And even then, it’s the players that have the club by the balls. They’ve all had contracts on the table for a long time. lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not a bad price at all.

We are however going to have to bring some players in in the next 6-12 months on frees / loan / bargain fees as we cannot recruit 10+ players paying £10-30m for them, we won't have enough resources. 

This is why I get frustrated at us no longer willing to take risks on unproven but talented young players available for a few million. We will have to do so to fill the squad out as we rebuild. Leeds have been very shrewd getting Gnonto for £4m, Greenwood £1m, Gerlhardt £1m, Perkins nominal fee.

We wanted Gelhardt as well, sounded like we had a deal for him sorted but didn't happen for some reason. 

Gnonto looks like an incredible piece of business. 

• Like 3

Like the sound of this signing. From the little I've seen of him he offers exactly what we need.

While he's not likely to be a "top six" player like we were aiming for in previous years (and if we're honest it's a little disheartening to compare him to Wes Fofana), we have to recognise where we are and what would improve the team.

Really hope we get this one over the line :chant:

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot

Bound to reject the first bid in fairness - fingers crossed we can get this one over the line. He's young, seems like a really powerful defender and clearly has a bit of personality about him. Would make for a much more fierce back line if we have Kristiansen, Souttar, Faes and Castagne/Ricky - with Evans coming in when there's a need. 

Can't see this not happening. He's the one big asset Stoke have got and they've got financial concerns of their own. It sounds like he's our priority target and I'm sure we'll find an agreement.

Felipe to Wolves, and Soyuncu subsequently moving to Atletico in January will see this happen quite quickly I think, as we'll be in need of an extra player and have a little extra cash to drive the deal.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Sky reporting it now via Rob Dorsett. Seems like there is a deal to be had if we can stump up an extra few million. Interesting note there on prioritising defensive reinforcements - maybe a GK too? 

Ron Dorsett isn't that reliable is he? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aleksz said:

I mean I want Rodgers to go as much as the next man, but if you’re blaming anyone for the contracts situation it should be Rudkin not Rodgers.

And even then, it’s the players that have the club by the balls. They’ve all had contracts on the table for a long time. lol

People literally blame Rodgers for the weather. He's obviously got flaws and is partly to blame but he can't be balmed for everything.

1 hour ago, LCCFox96 said:

Can't see this not happening. He's the one big asset Stoke have got and they've got financial concerns of their own. It sounds like he's our priority target and I'm sure we'll find an agreement.

Felipe to Wolves, and Soyuncu subsequently moving to Atletico in January will see this happen quite quickly I think, as we'll be in need of an extra player and have a little extra cash to drive the deal.

I thought they were rolling in it. Aren't they owned by the woman that made a fortune out of her gambling outfit 

20 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I thought they were rolling in it. Aren't they owned by the woman that made a fortune out of her gambling outfit 

Their owners are very wealthy yes, but as a club they been stung a few times from encounters with FFP. This article was from March, but gives a flavour of their recent financial crisis since getting relegated. I imagine it's better now and slowly improving, but they'll still be feeling the effects of it all and a huge fee for 1x player makes a lot of sense.

Stoke City finally emerging from Financial Fair Play dog fight - Stoke-on-Trent Live (stokesentinel.co.uk)

My point was that Souttar is the one player they have right now who could be sold for a sizeable enough fee to make positive inroads into their financial situation and have enough leftover to build the squad up. Hopefully ~£15mil does the trick and he's in City blue by the end of the window.