Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Newcastle Away - League Cup Quarter Final Pre Match

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Ward

Castange Amartey Faes Thomas

Mendy Tielemans 

Perez Iheanacho Barnes

Vardy (or Daka) 

Can't see Vardy starting. More likely Daka starting if fit enough after his cameo in the cup with Vardy starting on Saturday. This would be Vardy's third start in 7 days, don't think he's got it in him.

Tbh, I didn't believe for a moment we'd have anyone back from injury so that we're pretty much as we were for the Gillingham match doesn't surprise me. Intentionally or not, we've binned it off. Hopefully we won't pick up any injuries. Along with a not too humiliating defeat, that'd work for me. I don't think anyone would look at the team sheets and expect us to win. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Why Newcastle doing so well at home?

“It’s a combination. Eddie has done great with the players. The investment and recruitment has been very good, which has given them a strong base to work from. The confidence and the support is there. How fanatical the supporters are and how they back their team. When you combine that with a good team, it makes them really strong. It feels like an occasion when you go to St James’ Park. They’re consistently playing well, so I’m sure it’s hard to get a ticket. They’d be disappointed from the weekend. But they will want to make a semi-final.”

They’ve also spent £235m in the last 12 months

• Like 4

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Ward

Castange Amartey Faes Thomas

Mendy Tielemans 

Perez Iheanacho Barnes

Vardy (or Daka) 

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

About the best we can do at the moment with all the injuries - though I’d swap the positions of Perez and Iheanacho.

Almost agree but one better thing we could do is play Iversen rather than Ward.

Rodgers will no doubt play Ward which could very likely cost us dear.

On 08/01/2023 at 14:05, cruzFOX said:

Since everyone has pretty much given up on us I’m gonna go the other way. Yes it defies any logic or common sense but we’ve had performances like this before. We wouldn’t be Leicester city otherwise.

I see Rogers somehow motivating our rag tag bunch to put in a shift. It’s payback for rolling over to Newcastle at home. Yes I know it’s sounds mad but it could happen.

we will all say where the hell have these guys been. Wait and see 😉 Vardy and nacho man team up to score. Faes back to his best. Soumare has a blinder and Perez has s point to prove.

Soumare is out for a month so you need to get a refund in your crystal ball..

Basic underdog stuff.

Defend deep. Battle for every ball. Hang on in there if we go a goal down early on, keep it to 1. Hit the early long ball into the channels and turn their fckking full backs around

More muscular, narrow back 4 of Amartey  Faes, Vestergaard and Castagne (left)

3 working  the middle of the park, Youri, Wilf, KDH or Mendy 

Hit the channels to 3 quickies, Barnes left, Daka right, Vards down the middle

2 hours ago, coalvillefox said:

The negativity in here is astounding, many believe we have lost before we get on the coach. The worst thing is though, those who are saying we will loose are those who will moan like hell when we actually loose, what a joyous bunch we are when things aren't going well :blink:

That’s the spirit!!! No seriously what are you on pal?? 🤣, 4.1 home win 

32 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Basic underdog stuff.

Defend deep. Battle for every ball. Hang on in there if we go a goal down early on, keep it to 1. Hit the early long ball into the channels and turn their fckking full backs around

More muscular, narrow back 4 of Amartey  Faes, Vestergaard and Castagne (left)

3 working  the middle of the park, Youri, Wilf, KDH or Mendy 

Hit the channels to 3 quickies, Barnes left, Daka right, Vards down the middle

Congrats on fitting so many cliches into one post

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Soumare is out for a month so you need to get a refund in your crystal ball..

FFS I thought Soumare picked up a slight knock v Fulham, or he was just feeling a bit cold. But I've just read he's out for 4-6 weeks. Praet still struggling too. 

You do wonder if they'd be back sooner if they were better motivated?

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

They’ve also spent £235m in the last 12 months

They’ve also been utter dog shit for as long as anyone can remember so it’s obviously on the balance of probabilities likely they would have to stop at some time