Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure he'll ever be a top striker. He can clearly finish, but if he gets the ball anywhere else on the pitch he looks like a competition winner. But that may be a confidence issue from mismanagement over the past two seasons.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2023 at 21:57, Tielemans63 said:

I think a season in the Championship could be the making of him, a bit like Mitrovic at Fulham.

That said, he needs to be way more aggressive in his approach as otherwise he'll get absolutely bullied in the Championship. 

Really feel he's worth persisting with as there is a player in there, definitely.

Just answered it yourself. He will get bullied. He gets knocked off the ball so easily in the Premier League, he's gonna have no chance in the Championship. Be on the floor every minute.

Mitrovic is strong, dominant in the air, can hold the ball. Complete opposite of Daka.

Edited by Fox92

He'll get a lot more space to run into in the Championship so I could see him do well there.

Daka is one of the few players in our current squad who doesn't come across a complete arsehole and works hard when he gets the opportunity to play - he often speaks about his gratitude to play for the club and I could see him wanting to stay for a year at least to prove his worth in England. 

Without VAR I reckon he's going to have a great time too since he doesn't seem to have a clue where the last man is!

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Chuba Akpom just managed 28 goals in the Championship.

And? 

Daka seriously isn't this player you think he is.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

And? 

What player do you think I think he is?

20 goals in the Championship isn't some outrageous feat. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What player do you think I think he is?

20 goals in the Championship isn't some outrageous feat. 

I never said it was lol I just don't think he would be capable of it.

I would love to be proved wrong, mind.

Edited by Fox92

It really is this simple.

If you offered Patson Daka to the other 23 teams we will be sharing the league with next season, would any of them turn him down as ‘not being good enough’.

No they wouldn’t.

We have enough on getting rid of the really high earners and those that don’t want to be here, aren’t putting the effort in.

Its laughable that some just seem to think we can bin everybody and buy a new squad :dunno:

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

And? 

Daka seriously isn't the player YOU think he is. 

There are some appallingly bad takes on Patson Daka on this forum. 

It's just Iheanacho all over again. Some of you didn't want to listen when a minority of us told you there was a good player in there being mismanaged. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Daka seriously isn't the player YOU think he is. 

It's just Iheanacho all over again. Some of you didn't want to listen when a minority of us told you there was a good player in there being mismanaged. 

Iheanacho had done more than Daka has.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Agreed. I keep seeing so many appealing bad takes about how he’s a great player because he once scored 4 goals against a bottom half Russian side and scored goals for fun in an Austrian league from which the golden boot winners always get snapped up and always  fail, even when they go to levels like Serie B, La Liga 2 and even the Israeli league.

Daka may well come good, he may not. But I have no idea where people get this idea he’s shown he’s a good player in the past just being mismanaged comes from. He’s never proved that he’s good at any genuinely decent level before. At best you can say he’s an unproven wildcard who you think might have something about him, but trying to claim he’s shown he’s a genuinely great player in the past at any decent level is just not true. 

I’m not convinced one bit that all other 23 Championship teams would take him. There’s plenty more proven strikers already at Championship squads.

• Like 1