Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

We're very unlikely to keep both of Nacho and Daka imo. Of the two, I'd rather keep Nacho as he's much more proven. If we somehow kept both though, we'd score for fun in the Championship. 

• Like 2

Don't really think it's about who is good or not.

Vardy has 1 year left and will be 37 during the season. I imagine there's a reasonable chance him and the club mutually wind up his final year.

Nacho has 1 year left, is too good for the championship, we'll receive offers, we'll need to sell if he doesnt extend (and why would he?) and I can't imagine he'll want to stay. 

Daka has 3 years left, so we don't need to sell, can't imagine we'll get many offers for him and just purely for numbers, I can't imagine us letting him go this summer. Do we really want to go down to zero strikers? 

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

We're very unlikely to keep both of Nacho and Daka imo. Of the two, I'd rather keep Nacho as he's much more proven. If we somehow kept both though, we'd score for fun in the Championship. 

I think there will be a lot of interest from other teams around Nacho.

Daka... not so much.

Would LOVE it if we kept Nacho but can't see it happening.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

That last part is essential. In not properly understanding how the team was being successful defensively, Rodgers hamstrung how his team played offensively and it ultimately cost him his job and our position in the Premiership. Our entire decline can be traced back to his lack of confidence in our solidity because of two heavy defeats in the winter of 2019 to Man City and Liverpool consecutively despite the fact we lead the league on defensive performance indicators until that point. 

Great post again but I am going to defend Rodgers a bit here. The 4141 we played was amazing to watch and smashed pretty much everyone but Man City and Liverpool. But it relied a lot on Wilfred Ndidi, who over the years kept up picking injuries and every time he returned got a bit worse. We were starting to get turned over in midfield. Those games were definitely the catalyst but it's not the only reason. Teams started to work out that they needed to target Ndidi. At this point I think that unless we directly replaced Ndidi, that system was no longer workable. 

Rodgers solution was to go to 4231 with Youri being part of the double pivot with Ndidi / Mendy. This won us the FA Cup and we finished 5th, so whilst we lost out a bit up front, we were still pretty stable overall. That was despite having to sell Ben Chilwell.

Going to 433 was the beginning of the end. That was at the start of last season when we were having a lot of bad results and our fall from grace started to take shape. He then varied it between 433 and 4231, trying to shoehorn KDH, Tielemans and Maddison all into the same team, ending up with Maddison on the right, which suffocated his game. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Don't really think it's about who is good or not.

Vardy has 1 year left and will be 37 during the season. I imagine there's a reasonable chance him and the club mutually wind up his final year.

Nacho has 1 year left, is too good for the championship, we'll receive offers, we'll need to sell if he doesnt extend (and why would he?) and I can't imagine he'll want to stay. 

Daka has 3 years left, so we don't need to sell, can't imagine we'll get many offers for him and just purely for numbers, I can't imagine us letting him go this summer. Do we really want to go down to zero strikers? 

That’s an excellent point. We can’t afford to keep losing players for free. If we can’t get Nacho to commit / sign a new deal we should prob cash in for 15-20mill. Daka and Vardy would be a great strike force in the champ.

1 hour ago, kristianity77 said:

Couple of my mates who support Brighton seem adamant he is going there and it's close to being done. 

Strangely, my pal seemed to think Brighton were trying to sign two of our players, one being a striker, so maybe you're right.

Loads of rumours this time of year though. Doubt we will do much until we have a manager in, unless release clauses are activated or players are out of contract.

7 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Strangely, my pal seemed to think Brighton were trying to sign two of our players, one being a striker, so maybe you're right.

Loads of rumours this time of year though. Doubt we will do much until we have a manager in, unless release clauses are activated or players are out of contract.

...you can understand why Brighton may see him as a potential signing, Enoch Mwepu being there!!!

I believe that he was a big friend of Daka's, and came to the Premier League together.

39 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Great post again but I am going to defend Rodgers a bit here. The 4141 we played was amazing to watch and smashed pretty much everyone but Man City and Liverpool. But it relied a lot on Wilfred Ndidi, who over the years kept up picking injuries and every time he returned got a bit worse. We were starting to get turned over in midfield. Those games were definitely the catalyst but it's not the only reason. Teams started to work out that they needed to target Ndidi. At this point I think that unless we directly replaced Ndidi, that system was no longer workable. 

Rodgers solution was to go to 4231 with Youri being part of the double pivot with Ndidi / Mendy. This won us the FA Cup and we finished 5th, so whilst we lost out a bit up front, we were still pretty stable overall. That was despite having to sell Ben Chilwell.

Going to 433 was the beginning of the end. That was at the start of last season when we were having a lot of bad results and our fall from grace started to take shape. He then varied it between 433 and 4231, trying to shoehorn KDH, Tielemans and Maddison all into the same team, ending up with Maddison on the right, which suffocated his game. 

But this is my problem, he made all of these over corrections to complicate things when actually he should have had faith in the winning formula and just substituted Ndidi for a like alternative that was sitting under his nose. 

Bringing in Mendy to play the same role in the same system might have been a downgrade given Wilf's form at the time but it would have kept consistency and familiarity for the rest of the team in the shape. Instead he kept chopping and changing, trying three CB systems and messing with what was working in order to try and compensate. It was a disaster, it's easy to forget just HOW bad we were in the second half of 19/20.

Hell, if he had to fit Daniel Amartey in somewhere then we'd have been better served having him do the Wilf role in defensive midfield, which he signed for us to do, and maintaining the shape elsewhere. 

He was prudent to change things the following year when we played Liverpool and Man City in key games, it was good he took a more defensive approach then and learned to take a step back. But in games where the expectation was on us to win he threw away the playbook that worked and rarely ever went back to it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you can understand why Brighton may see him as a potential signing, Enoch Mwepu being there!!!

I believe that he was a big friend of Daka's, and came to the Premier League together.

Mwepu not being there kind of makes that irrelevant though doesn't it?

There isn't a single news article or even a tabloid rumour linking Daka with any move away. 

He's one of our longest contracted players, he's one that quite likely has a relegation reduction clause in his contract and with Vardy ageing and Iheanacho having a year left he's our only striker with long term security. 

He also seems to be a fairly honest pro by and large. 

The only way I see him leaving is if a new manager comes in who doesn't want him. Until we've got a head coach in place I don't see any of the "maybe" players leaving. I can only really see Barnes and Maddison being sold regardless of the opinion of a new manager. 

Every social media itk wannabe is going to be linking our players to moves everywhere because people just assume players abandon relegated clubs like sinking ships. The reality is that the core of our team next year will probably involve players that were relegated. 

Hell, we could probably start the season now with 11 players on the pitch who aren't out of contract and who we realistically can keep. So eh. 

Just gonna have to get used to ignoring a lot of the noise. 

• Like 3

On 31/05/2023 at 15:10, sacreblueits442 said:

If he is going to Brighton we should make sure to take Evan Ferguson in any deal.

This kid is the best CF prospect I've seen in many a year. He's big strong and is very mobile as well as an eye for Goal.

He has a big future ahead of him. I'd like him here.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

If he is going to Brighton we should make sure to take Evan Ferguson in any deal.

This kid is the best CF prospect I've seen in many a year. He's big strong and is very mobile as well as an eye for Goal.

He has a big future ahead of him. I'd like him here.

Nil chance of that. I imagine next season he will be starting a lot more games for Brighton.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Nil chance of that. I imagine next season he will be starting a lot more games for Brighton.

Yes I'd say so.He's already ahead of Daka in development.

He's a huge talent in the making. I could see Pep signing him to replace Haaland when he goes.

The quicker we sell the better. It will give us more chance of recouping some money. 

A strong gust of wind seems to have him over. 

He'll be nowhere near physical enough for the Championship.

• Like 3