Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

18 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Can't see him getting much space to run into against low block championship meathead defences.

he’ll just laugh at them as he skips by!!

he’ll probably be sold. I don’t imagine him or Nacho will want to play in the champ :(

...there was a goal that he scored where he picked up the ball ran at the defence and scored with his left foot!!!

It all came down to him being decisive and doing what comes naturally to him. He has to fit into a style of play and it holds him back, because every game he is trying to learn to adapt to what we want from him. He is a natural and our style of play is not conducive to how he wishes to play.

If he goes back then he will quickly revert back to what he does best and is allowed to be. This was set up as the Vardy succession plan, Vardy is still here and very much a hero to Eclipse.

nb.

It might help his cause if he learned to stay on his feet, he is always slipping.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...there was a goal that he scored where he picked up the ball ran at the defence and scored with his left foot!!!

It all came down to him being decisive and doing what comes naturally to him. He has to fit into a style of play and it holds him back, because every game he is trying to learn to adapt to what we want from him. He is a natural and our style of play is not conducive to how he wishes to play.

If he goes back then he will quickly revert back to what he does best and is allowed to be. This was set up as the Vardy succession plan, Vardy is still here and very much a hero to Eclipse.

nb.

It might help his cause if he learned to stay on his feet, he is always slipping.

Was the equaliser at home against Chelsea. Not sure he’s scored since. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

nb.

At Salzburg it was unreal the amount of first touch goals he scored. He's massively a confidence player which has obviously been lacking. Never lacked effort though. I'm convinced in a team that creates good chances he scores a bucket load 

• Like 3

I know there's a warning with this season but about 6 goals or something. 

And half of them that made any difference.

Not gonna work out.

Bertrand,Vestergaard,Soumare,Daka in one summer was it?

Edited by Blue ROI

14 hours ago, Tuna said:

We've got to keep him - surely he will score in the championship.

I know some haven’t got the confidence in Patson Daka or don’t rate him but It’ll be absolutely madness to sell Daka Especially if we lose Nacho we can’t count on Vards to play 2 games a week at times, Plus I recon this will be the making of Patson Daka he’ll score for fun in the championship if he has a decent provider behind him feeding through the balls his pace will tear it up he can come of age next season !

Edited by justfoxes

14 hours ago, ronnup said:

It'll kill me if he goes on and becomes an absolute bagsman

Kramaric left Leicester to have a great career, getting to the World Cup Final and the semi-finals, plus a great player in the Bundesliga. Unfortunately sometimes certain players don't do well at certain clubs.

Daka has been here for 2 years, that's more than enough time to cement himself as the starting number 9. He may well be good in the Championship, but you'd have to say he's been a huge disappointment. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Kramaric left Leicester to have a great career, getting to the World Cup Final and the semi-finals, plus a great player in the Bundesliga. Unfortunately sometimes certain players don't do well at certain clubs.

Daka has been here for 2 years, that's more than enough time to cement himself as the starting number 9. He may well be good in the Championship, but you'd have to say he's been a huge disappointment. 

I see them as different situations if I'm honest. Kramaric just didn't fit what we were trying to achieve and he had the best striker in the clubs history as competition. 

Daka looked extremely promising when he came in but then got thrown in and out and in and out of an increasingly unproductive side in decline, even often getting dropped or given the shepherd's crook after scoring. His confidence and form have nose dived and he's operated on sparse minutes with an indecisive manager. 

I appreciate it sounds moronic superficially to say it about a player that's been here two full seasons but I honestly do still think it's too early to judge Daka in much the same way that it was too early to judge Iheanacho at a similar point in his Leicester career. 

• Like 3

He’s not as good as Nacho or Vardy so it’s not a massive surprise he hasn’t impressed.  Nacho will be gone so I can see him playing a lot more if we keep him in Championship.  

A run of games and he may yet prove his worth.  A 20 goal a season striker in the championship is still a good striker 

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I see them as different situations if I'm honest. Kramaric just didn't fit what we were trying to achieve and he had the best striker in the clubs history as competition. 

Daka looked extremely promising when he came in but then got thrown in and out and in and out of an increasingly unproductive side in decline, even often getting dropped or given the shepherd's crook after scoring. His confidence and form have nose dived and he's operated on sparse minutes with an indecisive manager. 

I appreciate it sounds moronic superficially to say it about a player that's been here two full seasons but I honestly do still think it's too early to judge Daka in much the same way that it was too early to judge Iheanacho at a similar point in his Leicester career. 

We'll have to agree to disagree. Taking emotion out of the equation, Daka's strength is his finishing and shot power, those things are impressive. However, he's lacking with the rest of his game, his movement isn't great, he's not as good at linking up play, the ball bounces off him too often. 

This season Jamie Vardy had the worst scoring season for years as age catches up with him and Daka had runs in the team. He didn't need to score 20+ goals a season right away and realistically that was never going to happen because so few players outside of the top 6 clubs do it. But getting 10-15 should have been expected in his second season and he was miles off that.

I would love for him to turn it round, but he's not as good as Kelechi, yet alone Vardy. 

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. Taking emotion out of the equation, Daka's strength is his finishing and shot power, those things are impressive. However, he's lacking with the rest of his game, his movement isn't great, he's not as good at linking up play, the ball bounces off him too often. 

This season Jamie Vardy had the worst scoring season for years as age catches up with him and Daka had runs in the team. He didn't need to score 20+ goals a season right away and realistically that was never going to happen because so few players outside of the top 6 clubs do it. But getting 10-15 should have been expected in his second season and he was miles off that.

I would love for him to turn it round, but he's not as good as Kelechi, yet alone Vardy. 

Don't think you can say someone who scored as many as he did albeit in Austria doesn't have good movement. 

53 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I know some haven’t got the confidence in Patson Daka or don’t rate him but It’ll be absolutely madness to sell Daka Especially if we lose Nacho we can’t count on Vards to play 2 games a week at times, Plus I recon this will be the making of Patson Daka he’ll score for fun in the championship if he has a decent provider behind him feeding through the balls his pace will tear it up he can come of age next season !

I’m still yet to see this pace he has

in fact,,not seen anything that justified £20m+

• Like 1

Yeah regardless of any other debate with Daka, people always going on about his pace is what confuses me. We never see it in matches, defenders usually keep up with him pretty easily. But I hear people on here saying he’s as quick as prime Vardy or one of the quickest players in the country but I never see it.

Vardy under Smith at the end of the season when he was given licence to run again still looked far quicker at 36 than I’ve ever seen anything from Daka to suggest he is. And Barnes for example who rarely gets mentioned for his pace, semi-regularly shows bursts of pace faster than I’ve ever seen from Daka .

He might be a brilliant striker in the Championship he might not, but I don’t understand why so many are so confident he’ll rip it up because of his pace. Is he genuinely a pacey striker?

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

@Finnegan Top post! Amazing work to put all that together! That's one of the best posts I've seen on here for a while, cutting out all of the subjective opinions (mine!) for objective, factual information. Let's get you on the phone to Glover to help out the recruitment team stat!

We paid 30M euros for Daka, that's a significant amount of money and he was identified as being the most likely like for like replacement for Vardy out of anyone we could buy, hence why we got him. It was expected that he would be raw and need to polish his game, but two years later he's still got a lot of work to do in that area. Relegation and relying on Harvey Barnes and James Maddison for goals is testament to that. If we stuck with him, could he develop and become the type of player we want him to be? I's more than possible. But if we can get our money back on the player whilst we were in the Championship, I could see why the club might want to do that. The player himself might want to leave and test himself out in another league too. 

I would say of all of our issues, strikers in the Championship shouldn't be a problem. Even if we get rid of one of the 3 we have, the other two we keep you'd expect to grab a hatful. 

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

@Finnegan Top post! Amazing work to put all that together! That's one of the best posts I've seen on here for a while, cutting out all of the subjective opinions (mine!) for objective, factual information. Let's get you on the phone to Glover to help out the recruitment team stat!

We paid 30M euros for Daka, that's a significant amount of money and he was identified as being the most likely like for like replacement for Vardy out of anyone we could buy, hence why we got him. It was expected that he would be raw and need to polish his game, but two years later he's still got a lot of work to do in that area. Relegation and relying on Harvey Barnes and James Maddison for goals is testament to that. If we stuck with him, could he develop and become the type of player we want him to be? I's more than possible. But if we can get our money back on the player whilst we were in the Championship, I could see why the club might want to do that. The player himself might want to leave and test himself out in another league too. 

I would say of all of our issues, strikers in the Championship shouldn't be a problem. Even if we get rid of one of the 3 we have, the other two we keep you'd expect to grab a hatful. 

At the end of the day, a raw striker coming in at the exact moment he needed minutes and consistent game time has been messed around by a manager that resented the fact he was being expected to develop exactly this sort of player. 

Almost every young player brought in over the last couple of years has had the same treatment by Rodgers. He chucked Daka, Soumare, Tete, Kristiansen and Co all in the starting lineup then dropped them as soon as they showed a need for any kind of man management and any promising early form fell off a cliff.

All whilst publicly telling the media that the club had too many inexperienced players without the right mentality. He spent over a year, from the Forest game onwards, telling the world he wasn't the right manager for a club with our recruitment policy. 

Daka needed and still needs a consistent run of games over a much longer period in a team with good morale, good confidence and most importantly one that is regularly creating chances. Our xG over the last two seasons has been nothing short of criminal and our strikers have been feeding off scraps while we rely on goals from outside the area. Publicly available stats back literally all of this up. 

If we commit to playing Daka next year for the whole year and we actually create a reasonable volume of chances, both the stats and his playing history say that he will convert a lot of them. It's that simple. If people think the standards of goalkeeping or defending in the English Championship are vastly higher than the Austrian Bundesliga then they're arrogantly delusional. He has all of the weaponry to thrive next year. 

What we should be more worried about is what's behind him creating chances because we have been exceedingly poor in that domain for two years straight. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What we should be more worried about is what's behind him creating chances because we have been exceedingly poor in that domain for two years straight. 

Yes!  We weren't creating enough chances with Tielemans and Maddison in the team. We are going to need divine intervention (or some great signings) to address this issue. It's the thing that worries the most.