Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

32 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

He will likely move on in the summer.

With Vardy coming to the end of his career, that would be insane. As Ric said, would be very interesting to see if having the wingers around him and a central Madders creates more opportunities for him. Earlier in the season he was feeding on scraps. 

• Like 3

He’s not going to Turkey for a packet of crisps and some chocolate buttons found down the back of the sofa (that’s their budget right?)

BUT….would anyone actually be upset if we did a Musa and got our money back on Daka in the summer?

I can’t see how we invest without more than just Madders pending sell?

Daka could generate a decent wedge and either him or Kelechi could easily go this summer IMO, for that exact reason.

37 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

With Vardy coming to the end of his career, that would be insane. As Ric said, would be very interesting to see if having the wingers around him and a central Madders creates more opportunities for him. Earlier in the season he was feeding on scraps. 

I would be surprised if the club didn't try to offload all 4 major signings from that 2021 summer transfer window this year.

The fact that none of them are viewed good enough to start in the first 11 and have been limited with game time says everything you need to know. 

If any club came in with a loan and obligation to buy, Daka would be on the plane by now.

Soumares wage is absolutely eye watering and we'll be paying the majority of that to any club daft enough to take him on loan until his contract ends here.

I’m sure it won’t happen this evening of course as that would leave us with just Daka and Vardy and Vardy unlikely be able to manage with several full games in a row should  Daka get injured, so, we’d be foolish to get rid of now because  one he’s played great last couple of games and two because we’d be desperately short of cover.

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Those championing the great Seniorman Iheanacho and calling for Patson Daka to be binned are forgetting that for rhe first 3 years Iheanachobwas the absolute pits here, Daka so far has been like Pele compared to Kelechi was.

Yes he's not done anywhere near as well as many (me probably the most) thought he would, but if Iheanacho has taught us anything its that young strikers with certain weaknesses like them both need time, patience and the players around them to thrive. 

I'm not giving up on him yet, I'm fascinated to see how he does with a supply line of Barnes, Maddison and Tete in and around him, his devastating pace with those pulling defences all over the place could see him getting on the end of a lot more through balls and crosses than we've previously seen.

I'm not really convinced by Daka so far and don't really buy this "he's not played in the right way" argument, as it's admitting he's a limited player who needs the side built around him and you have to be a bloody good player to have the side built around you, which I'm far from convinced Daka is good enough for. But it seems silly to loan him out to Turkey at this point, with Vardy going in a year or two. I think Daka still has a role to play as a squad player for now.

Not sure about the comparison between Iheanacho and Daka and their ages though. Iheanacho was younger when he joined us and in those first couple of seasons of his. Daka is 24, he still has time to develop, sure, but I'd have expected him to be better than he is at his age really, it should be around the start of his prime now (I know it doesn't work that way for everyone, Vardy the obvious exception, but  the vast majority of quality strikers would be approaching their prime and be good enough to start week in week out at 24), I think people are talking about him a bit like he's 20 or 21 or something. He's only 2 years younger than Iheanacho now, at Daka's age Iheanacho was having that absolutely brilliant season where he basically dragged us through the entire 2nd half of the season and was a match winner in the FA Cup quarter and semi finals. I also just think Iheanacho has always had a lot more to his game, his hold-up play and play on the ball and bringing other players into the game is just much better, regardless of who is the better finisher etc. The fact people are always asking for Daka to be played on the shoulder of the defence and as a poacher, rather than someone who gets involved in the hold up play and pressing, just make him seem like a bit of a luxury type of player to me who is only really useful in certain situations.

Edited by Sampson

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Not sure about the comparison between Iheanacho and Daka and their ages though. Iheanacho was younger when he joined us and in those first couple of seasons of his. 

Iheanacho clearly should be first choice and like that you've actually followed up your view on Daka with the potential of him being a squad player, rather than just "bin". Although the quote above is an odd one, Iheanacho had been in England for what 3 years before joining us? Having also come through at one of the wealthiest teams in the world, so I'd probably expect him to have developed at a faster rate than Daka has.

19 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Iheanacho clearly should be first choice and like that you've actually followed up your view on Daka with the potential of him being a squad player, rather than just "bin". Although the quote above is an odd one, Iheanacho had been in England for what 3 years before joining us? Having also come through at one of the wealthiest teams in the world, so I'd probably expect him to have developed at a faster rate than Daka has.

Weird how you keep jumping on any single post I make about Iheanacho or Daka as if you think I’m crucifying one and thinking the other is gods gift without reading what I wrote. 

My response was to Ric Flair’s post was talking about “young strikers” saying “look how Iheanacho was when he first came and was younger” and that “Daka has been like Pele compared to how Iheanacho was”. I was saying just that Iheanacho was younger than Daka during those times you’re comparing and Nacho was having that brilliant season at Daka’s age so I’m not sure it’s an accurate comparison when people were specifically talking about “young strikers” (when I think Daka is at the very limit at being called a “young striker” as it is) and the age of the players

I’m not 100% sure Iheanacho being at ManCity at a younger age should affect how quickly he develops here, it could well mean he’d be better when he joined but I don’t think it should dramatically affect how they develop as players while both at Leicester. As I said though, there are exceptions, Vardy the most obvious above all, but the reality is, the vast majority of strikers who go on to be quality strikers you’d have expected to have shown more by the age of 24 than Daka has really and most likely should at least have nailed down a starting spot at a mid-table PL club. That is why I’m not fully convinced by all the “he’s quality waiting to happen”

arguments, he could still well be quality and develop later like Vardy did, but I think the history of what you’d expect from most quality strikers is against him really, that’s all I was saying.

Edited by Sampson