Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

13 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I’d 100% be fine with getting rid of Daka and these kind of players and bring in top championship quality like Chair etc

I know people like Daka and I think there is a player there, but honestly he didn’t set the league alight and using the funds we save on both wages and fee we get would be more useful to us now 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I know people like Daka and I think there is a player there, but honestly he didn’t set the league alight and using the funds we save on both wages and fee we get would be more useful to us now 

That’s how I see it if we can get rid of the egos and players who probably won’t be up for the dog fight of the championship and get some of the best talent that already know the league I’d rather it

8 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Really? Most on here seem to be constantly calling him crap and a waste of space and not caveating that with liking him!

Personally I do like him as a player as well and want him to stick around and lead the line (assuming Nacho doesn’t stay). 

Some of these guys that also are written off on here (KDH and Thomas also) we really need to see at Championship level and under new management with new teammates around them.

Our fan based would have hounded Mitrovic out if in the same situation as Fulham when they went down last and missed out on what followed….

• Like 1

10 hours ago, adamkhalifa said:

Since he has been here, we have been on a downward spiral, regressing into a defensive, tippy-tappy, anti-footballing club. We have never really played to his strengths. We do need some decent players to actually get back up. 

If Brighton is after him, we should be keeping hold of him even more. For me, they have had the best recruitment system in the past few years.

thats my thinking too, hes been feeding on scraps for the last couple of season, like most of them have, with the tipppy tappy crap,

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Really? Most on here seem to be constantly calling him crap and a waste of space and not caveating that with liking him!

Personally I do like him as a player as well and want him to stick around and lead the line (assuming Nacho doesn’t stay). 

Some of these guys that also are written off on here (KDH and Thomas also) we really need to see at Championship level and under new management with new teammates around them.

Our fan based would have hounded Mitrovic out if in the same situation as Fulham when they went down last and missed out on what followed….

In my opinion Thomas is way too lightweight for the physicality of the Championship.

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

In my opinion Thomas is way too lightweight for the physicality of the Championship.

I don’t disagree with you, as he is now. But people have often said he needs a loan in the Championship to build his physicality through and we are now Championship. 

There’s a player in there but he has been poorly coached since coming into the side, then been in and out and not had a proper opportunity to develop.

We have been stale since these academy players have arrived in the squad so I’d be having them in that starting 11 to give them the chance they need to develop.

On 04/06/2023 at 10:41, jv1 said:

If nacho and vardy stay then daka doesn’t even get in the side in the championship- shows how terrible a signing he was 

...I must say that I have been as disappointed in him as most!!!

The fact that Nacho and Vardy are here is a big part of why he shows little progress, and if they stay, he is not going to get much of a look in. Brighton could unleash the player that we brought in only to bench him as the third choice.

He does need to become more robust on the pitch, stop looking for help from the referee, stop slipping all over the pitch, and recognise you are in competition with Vardy and Nacho, you are not going to learn if you keep on deferring to them

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

I don’t think there’s any doubt he can finish but he struggles across all other aspects of his game - certainly at Premier League level. His control, passing, dribbling, his intelligence off the ball and his physicality are way below a £30m footballer IMO. The Championship is even more frenetic and more physical too than the division he’s dropping from. 

On 17/02/2023 at 21:19, majaco said:

Daka is quality waiting to happen.   Keep 

On 18/02/2023 at 13:32, SouthStandUpperTier said:
Goals + Assists/90
1. Erling Haaland • Manchester City 1.52
2. James Maddison • Leicester City 0.99
3. Roberto Firmino • Liverpool 0.96
4. Phil Foden • Manchester City 0.92
5. Ivan Toney • Brentford 0.86
6. Kevin De Bruyne • Manchester City 0.81
7. Callum Wilson • Newcastle Utd 0.80
8. Harry Kane • Tottenham 0.79
9. Riyad Mahrez • Manchester City 0.78
10. Rodrigo • Leeds United 0.76
  Bukayo Saka • Arsenal 0.76
  Patson Daka • Leicester City 0.76

Goal-Creating Actions/90
1. Kevin De Bruyne • Manchester City 1.06
2. Riyad Mahrez • Manchester City 1.04
3. Jack Grealish • Manchester City 0.76
  Bukayo Saka • Arsenal 0.76
5. Phil Foden • Manchester City 0.75
6. İlkay Gündoğan • Manchester City 0.69
7. Roberto Firmino • Liverpool 0.67
  Jadon Sancho • Manchester Utd 0.67
9. Patson Daka • Leicester City 0.64
  Dejan Kulusevski • Tottenham 0.64

Rubbing shoulders with the elite of the PL. Just imagine what a machine he'd be when he improves. There's a sizeable chunk of our fanbase that wants to "get rid" of everyone and anyone when they hit the merest of bad patches. Happened with Maddison a couple of years ago. Has happened before with Barnes, Nacho and Tielemans too. I think we'll regret it if we don't persevere with Daka.

Totally agree with you 

• Like 3

The championship is more physical but maybe a season in there would do him good. He needs a consistent run in the team but if he can't break into the team this season then I think it would be time to go. If Barnes was to go, I think he'd occupy the left hand side.

On 03/06/2023 at 21:32, ARM1968 said:

Utterly stupid if even considered. This lad will rip up the Championship.  Wouldn’t be surprised. We’re run by incompetent muppets who don’t appear to know the first thing about football. 

...... if he gets bullied off the ball in the PL he will be torn apart, mans utter shite. had 2 seasons to show up. and failed. GET RID

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Simoken said:

...... if he gets bullied off the ball in the PL he will be torn apart, mans utter shite. had 2 seasons to show up. and failed. GET RID

I think the physicality needed in the Championship is somewhat overplayed. Dwight Gayle is physically outmatched in the Premier League and scored for fun in that league when Newcastle got promoted and West Brom to the playoffs. Nahki Wells, Maupay, Pukki all were great strikers in that league and are hardly physical monsters. There are many examples like that. It is not impossible that Daka is just destined for failure at LCFC or is not suited to the English game, but his type of striker tends to be very prolific at that level. His pace will be more exceptional down there and he'll have more time on the ball.

• Like 1