Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

The problem with Daka is Vardy. For as long as Vardy is playing or even around the club , the players will always have the mentality that we have to play in a way that suits him. The only way we will ever set up to play to Daka’s strengths is if he becomes the number one striker- that way he’ll get the ball played to him in the way he wants just like Vardy has for years..

• Like 3

On 17/05/2023 at 08:22, LCFCJohn said:

Hope we keep him. A season in the championship as the main man could be the making of him. 

He’s so far down the list of problems that it’s the likes of Daka who we would benefit from keeping.

...if Nacho does go then we will have a forward who plays in a way which fits with the way the rest of the team plays!!!

Nacho is a different kettle of fish and if he stays then the team will play to his strengths and Daka will be picking up scraps. He has to make a decision if he wants to prove a point by staying here, but I can see Nacho staying and being the main man should Vardy choose to go to Sheffield or the USA.

2 hours ago, MPH said:

The problem with Daka is Vardy. For as long as Vardy is playing or even around the club , the players will always have the mentality that we have to play in a way that suits him. The only way we will ever set up to play to Daka’s strengths is if he becomes the number one striker- that way he’ll get the ball played to him in the way he wants just like Vardy has for years..

Not sure if this is the case, the players haven’t exactly been giving Vardy great chances this season have they. Not like the way Drinky, Albrighton or even Youri used to. In actual fact our strikers problems I would say are more down to the lack of chances we create as a team 

21 hours ago, Finnegan said:

But now you're resorting to strawman-ing aren't you? I've a really terrible short term memory (I'm being sincere here) so maybe I have said historically that I think he's 'proven himself' in a moment of wild hyperbole (a key feature of my humour tbf) but I'm pretty confident I've not said that. You want me to have said that because then the bar is higher here for the burden of proof and I've got to somehow demonstrate he's 'proven himself' at this level. 

I said there was a "good player in there" and that it would be a mistake if we gave up and sold him before he got the opportunity to actually get a run as the main man under a manager that believes in him and wants him.

Obviously Patson Daka hasn't "proven himself" or else we wouldn't be having this discussion, if he'd "poven himself" FoxesTalk wouldn't be on his back at every opportunity and @Fox92 would have his neck wound in instead of chirping up about him at every opportunity (in a weirdly persistent way, for such a usually chill poster.) He hasn't proven himself in the same way Kelechi Iheanacho hadn't proven himself when City fans judged him too early and were literally booing when he got subbed on, the same way Madders hadn't proven himself when City fans were judging him too early and literally booing when he got subbed on and the same way they judged Jamie Vardy too early when people on here were calling him a flop, a failed experiment and wanted to see him go back to non league.

At the risk of going full "Col City Fan", I always thought Vardy was excellent and would come good, I always thought Iheanacho would come good and I feel very strongly about Daka the same way now. 

I am a chill poster! I enjoy debating with you and others on here, you are right that I'm on his back every opportunity but I also think that of a lot of our players. Especially with our season as a whole and their pathetic performances, for instance Faes is another one I'm always criticising.

I hope Daka proves me wrong and you tell me how you were right. Obviously that would mean (surely) we're doing well as a club. I am quite "old school" with the stats I look at (shots/shots on target/corners) and I don't go into depth with all these "goal contributions" because I judge strikers on goals alone. But it doesn't mean I think these stats shouldn't be used or anything like that.

Anyway this debate has been done to death, I just hope Daka and other players come good for us on a consistent basis.

TURKEY GIANTS GALATASARAY READY TO OFFER PATSON DAKA £ 200 000 PER WEEK MAKING HIM AMONG THE TOP 3 HIGHEST PAID AFRICANS..
With Rumors suggesting Galatasaray's Striker Marco Icardi is going to Premier League, the replacement set in for him is Leicester City and Zambian striker Patson Daka.
Regardless of the huge offer Daka and 12 Management are considering other offers within the Premier League, Bundesliga and Serie A or staying at Leicester City especially if they survive Relegation..

20 minutes ago, davieG said:
TURKEY GIANTS GALATASARAY READY TO OFFER PATSON DAKA £ 200 000 PER WEEK MAKING HIM AMONG THE TOP 3 HIGHEST PAID AFRICANS..
With Rumors suggesting Galatasaray's Striker Marco Icardi is going to Premier League, the replacement set in for him is Leicester City and Zambian striker Patson Daka.
Regardless of the huge offer Daka and 12 Management are considering other offers within the Premier League, Bundesliga and Serie A or staying at Leicester City especially if they survive Relegation..

They definitely haven't lol 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2023 at 22:33, MPH said:

If we're going into next season relying on Daka we're in even worse shape than we thought. 

49 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If we're going into next season relying on Daka we're in even worse shape than we thought. 

No way mate. Give him a run of games, play to his strengths and he’ll bang them in, in the championship.

39 minutes ago, reynard said:

His management team won't want him languishing in the Championship. Very likely to be moved on if an offer from a top flight club in Europe comes along.

Who cares what his management team want, though? Daka has showed us absolutely nothing to indicate that he’s better than championship level. Time for him to prove why we spent all that money on him 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MPH said:

No way mate. Give him a run of games, play to his strengths and he’ll bang them in, in the championship.

Can't see him getting much space to run into against low block championship meathead defences.

23 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Who cares what his management team want, though? Daka has showed us absolutely nothing to indicate that he’s better than championship level. Time for him to prove why we spent all that money on him 

I think the player needs to prove it to himself! Unless he goes back to Salzburg, I don't see him suddenly turning it on elsewhere.

Look at Mitrovic as an example, always a bit hit or miss in the Premier League, he had one electric season in the Championship that took him up a level. 

But personally if we could only keep one of him and Kelechi, I would choose Kel.