Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

Surely if it’s the appearance issue, now the window is closed, he will come back into the squad at least and be used when required. It’s just like signing a striker for £5 million. If he gets the goals to take us up, the money is more than justified!! 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

On what evidence do you have to assume he doesn’t want to be here?

Fair point. But he seems someone that wants to stay in the premier league. Can’t necessarily blame him, but he does come across to me as someone who is not up for the fight of the championship. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Surely if it’s the appearance issue, now the window is closed, he will come back into the squad at least and be used when required. It’s just like signing a striker for £5 million. If he gets the goals to take us up, the money is more than justified!! 

No sure we splash 7m on a striker if Daka is going to be involved.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The plan would surely be for outgoings at some point anyway. You reintegrate Daka because that’s the best way of getting a fee for him next window. Gets a few goals and looks alright, and maybe play him against Liverpool, and it increases the chances and hopefully the fee. Leave him to rot makes it much harder. Still have reservations about Kels myself, and cannon might take a little bit of time to be ready. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

One thing that did occur to me and I have said this already, there is always the possibility we genuinely believe in Cannon for the future anyway. He's only 20 and Vardy and Kel are both out of contract next year. We're gonna need strikers, maybe we think Cannon is THE one. 

• Like 3

Just now, Chelmofox said:

The plan would surely be for outgoings at some point anyway. You reintegrate Daka because that’s the best way of getting a fee for him next window. Gets a few goals and looks alright, and maybe play him against Liverpool, and it increases the chances and hopefully the fee. Leave him to rot makes it much harder. Still have reservations about Kels myself, and cannon might take a little bit of time to be ready. 

If he is still here once the last few remaining windows have closed, then we have to get him back in the fold.

Not unheard of to lose 2 strikers to injury, so he could be needed and still play a part. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

One thing that did occur to me and I have said this already, there is always the possibility we genuinely believe in Cannon for the future anyway. He's only 20 and Vardy and Kel are both out of contract next year. We're gonna need strikers, maybe we think Cannon is THE one. 

I think we must have signed him hoping / gambling on him being the one

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Good points, let's hope he is.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

.... Why the fvck would he want to play for Leuven? If its true he has refused to play in the Championship (and I hate repeating that shit because I really hope it isn't true but something is a bit off with him and/or his agent) the he's not going to go to OHL is he. 

Only reason I can think of is that he’s going to want to be playing some games with the AFCON coming up… but I’d imagine it would be last resort type stuff for him. 

Said it before... if its personal terms you take what is offered to get you playing....put yourself back in the lights... 

If the money is not what you want at a premier level and reject moves then you made your bed..... 

If Leicester want a big fee with not many clubs sniffing around... again... isn't it better to move on and bite the bullet... 

5 hours ago, Shah johns said:

Fair point. But he seems someone that wants to stay in the premier league. Can’t necessarily blame him, but he does come across to me as someone who is not up for the fight of the championship. 

Based on what?

He hasn’t even been given the chance to prove himself at this level.

we signed him for around  £24m 

at the time there wasnt any talk about add ons - the deal was reported to be worth around £23m 

And any add ons wouldn’t just be appearance related either. If the deal is 23m then I wouldn’t accept add ons to be more than 3m total. 

Imo it’s fanciful to believe that there is a 5m related clause at 75 appearances.  If it exists at all then I’d guess it’s a million. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Probably cheaper to just go on YouTube and watch a review of last season.

Except he's not playing against defenders like Van Dijk or Ruben Dias this season, none of us can make a fair judgement until we see him play this season in this league.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

Except he's not playing against defenders like Van Dijk or Ruben Dias this season, none of us can make a fair judgement until we see him play this season in this league.

Not for me

Feel sorry for Daka really, after how poor Iheanacho & Vardy  were yesterday I would give him another chance (even with us paying Salzburg £5 million) oh and also get our greedy (misfiring) midfielders to learn how to pass a ball forward in the final third of the pitch…