Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the 3-2-4-1 drop into a 4-4-2 out of possession with Iheanacho dropping deep.

With the ball;

Hermansen

Faes Coady Doyle

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu Casadei Iheanacho Mavididi

Cannon

Without the ball;

Hermansen

Ricardo Faes Coady Doyle

Fatawu Casadei Winks Mavididi

Cannon Iheanacho

I highly, highly doubt he trusts Iheanacho to work hard enough for that.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

2nd top scorer in AFCON qualifiers behind Oshimen  and above the likes of Mane, Ihenancho, En Nesysri, Mahrez 

Crazy how the two players who have been frozen out (Daka and Souttar) have both just scored for their international teams, despite one even being a defender. I wonder how Maresca will proceed now.

I wonder if it's less a case of frozen out because he doesn't rate them but he was told they were off. If that's the case, you could argue he's planned for the worst scenario and made a team using who he thought he would have.

How that makes the players feel is anyone's guess but I'll retain judgement until he brings them back in. A good manager should make use of all the players at his disposal. 

5 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

Crazy how the two players who have been frozen out (Daka and Souttar) have both just scored for their international teams, despite one even being a defender. I wonder how Maresca will proceed now.

Souttar also made a mistake in the game which led to a goal. Swings and roundabouts.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Souttar also made a mistake in the game which led to a goal. Swings and roundabouts.

Is there any players you like? Serious question.

The mistake like that with communication going wrong may well be down to rustiness and having not played at all this season. 

Interesting that a glass half full person would reference the goal and glass half empty reference the mistake…

14 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

The mistake like that with communication going wrong may well be down to rustiness and having not played at all this season. 

Interesting that a glass half full person would reference the goal and glass half empty reference the mistake…

Souttar himself said it wasn't a communication error, he just read the situation wrong and thought the ball would go back further than it did

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Souttar himself said it wasn't a communication error, he just read the situation wrong and thought the ball would go back further than it did

Ok fair enough. Still could be as a result of not playing for a while. Or worst case a complete cock up with let’s be fair, all players do from time to time.

I think the point still stands about choosing to jump straight into the negative rather than acknowledging a positive thing though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Not many tbh.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Drink Water said:

Maresca reacting to Drink Water highlighting that Souttar has scored in a friendly game and Daka netted against the footballing super power that is Comoros Islands.

partridge-i-dont-know.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

According to Avram Grant, Daka wasn’t playing because he wanted to leave.

Was about to ask what Avram Grant would know about this and then realised he's the Zambia coach. As much as this may be true, I don't think Maresca would pick him anyway. He's not suited to our style of play and would be completely ineffective playing for us either starting or from the bench. Daka needs to be in a counter attacking team. He's not got the footballing ability, movement, positioning etc to be a success under Maresca's tactics. I doubt he'll ever play for us again unless all 3 of Vardy, Iheancho and Cannon were unavailable 

30 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

He's not got the footballing ability, movement, positioning etc to be a success under Maresca's tactics. I doubt he'll ever play for us again unless all 3 of Vardy, Iheancho and Cannon were unavailable 

...I believe he has those attributes, but as you say the way we play negates those strengths being at the forefront!!!

I think if he was asked to create for himself it would work for him, but that would mean picking up the ball in front of defenders and running at them as opposed to looking to run in behind. He is no winger or wide forward, but he has a skill set seldom used, that marks how good he could be.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/09/2023 at 19:36, sacreblueits442 said:

...I believe he has those attributes, but as you say the way we play negates those strengths being at the forefront!!!

I think if he was asked to create for himself it would work for him, but that would mean picking up the ball in front of defenders and running at them as opposed to looking to run in behind. He is no winger or wide forward, but he has a skill set seldom used, that marks how good he could be.

Tbh I’m already at the point where I completely trust the manager. He’s proven with Vestergaard and Ndidi that he knows what he wants and knows how to coach the best out of his players. He’s not selected Daka and that must mean there’s something about him relating to his skill set/the system we play, that means he’s not being considered as a starter or sub in the Championship. 

• Like 1

On 24/09/2023 at 19:09, funkyrobot said:

Tbh I’m already at the point where I completely trust the manager. He’s proven with Vestergaard and Ndidi that he knows what he wants and knows how to coach the best out of his players. He’s not selected Daka and that must mean there’s something about him relating to his skill set/the system we play, that means he’s not being considered as a starter or sub in the Championship. 

Or it could merely be something to do with his contract and appearances as some have alluded to ie further money to be paid upon further appearances which may even have FFP implications, it's an odd one. 🤔 

On 24/09/2023 at 19:09, funkyrobot said:

He’s not selected Daka and that must mean there’s something about him relating to his skill set/the system we play

I dont think it's about skill set. 

Maresca isn't just a better tactician and coach than Rodgers on evidence so far, he also seems to be a better man manager. 

He's fostering a really good atmosphere in the squad, trying to get everyone's buy in and making them happy to turn up and train and play. Obviously one challenge then will be re-integrating Daka and Souttar now we're basically stuck with them but doing so will be a balancing act. 

It would be unfair and inappropriate to award Daka with immediate selection at the expense of Vardy and Iheanacho. They have to be ahead of him right now, sometimes it's about more than just football. He's got to earn his way back. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I dont think it's about skill set. 

Maresca isn't just a better tactician and coach than Rodgers on evidence so far, he also seems to be a better man manager. 

He's fostering a really good atmosphere in the squad, trying to get everyone's buy in and making them happy to turn up and train and play. Obviously one challenge then will be re-integrating Daka and Souttar now we're basically stuck with them but doing so will be a balancing act. 

It would be unfair and inappropriate to award Daka with immediate selection at the expense of Vardy and Iheanacho. They have to be ahead of him right now, sometimes it's about more than just football. He's got to earn his way back. 

I agree with players earning their place and the majority of this post.

But in Daka’s case, how can he earn his way back when given no minutes at all to do so? This is where you give him a start in the cup or some minutes off the bench when we were comfortable at Southampton for example. If he’s getting no minutes due to not training well or having the right attitude, he probably shouldn’t be in the squad at all…

37 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

in Daka’s case, how can he earn his way back when given no minutes at all to do so?

Do your time on the naughty step, put a shift in training, don't complain, contribute to good squad atmosphere, have Vardy and Nacho's back without complaining, display loyalty. 

We play a one striker system and we have three. Iheanacho and Vardy didn't ask to leave or ask not to play, which by all accounts Daka seems to have. 

Right now we don't have enough fixture congestion or injuries to justify making one of those two sit out. Daka will get his time and I'll be glad when he does, I like him and I think he has a lot to offer. But I don't think he can moan yet that he's not had a game when the window closed only a few match days ago. 

13 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Or it could merely be something to do with his contract and appearances as some have alluded to ie further money to be paid upon further appearances which may even have FFP implications, it's an odd one. 🤔 

I seriously doubt he would have been on the bench against Norwich if there was a situation like this. 

I think a combination of him not wanting to be here and Maresca not particularly rating him just has him out on the cold. 

His all round game doesn’t suit the system, but in certain games where we are camped in the oppositions half, he might prove handy. 

• Like 1