Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

21 hours ago, alanf0x said:

Surely if it’s the appearance issue, now the window is closed, he will come back into the squad at least and be used when required. It’s just like signing a striker for £5 million. If he gets the goals to take us up, the money is more than justified!! 

Not quite like signing a player for £5m. More like signing a player on loan for four months for £5m when he’s unlikely to play many games!
Hopefully this £5m fee isn’t correct and he becomes an option, but realistically he will be 4th choice anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

If we keep finding it hard to score Enzo would be stupid not to play him.

Is the issue not creating chances though? I’ve not seen much in Daka that suggests he is going to link up the play enough/at all to solve that issue.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Finnegan said:

One thing that did occur to me and I have said this already, there is always the possibility we genuinely believe in Cannon for the future anyway. He's only 20 and Vardy and Kel are both out of contract next year. We're gonna need strikers, maybe we think Cannon is THE one. 

Yeah I agree he has a lot of potential and is surely setting his sites on firing us up 🔝 

12 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

In the correct setup Daka would bang goals in the championship, in fact so would Nacho and Vardy. Cannon is not the messiah if we was Everton would have kept him. Instead they were interested in signing Nacho. 

The problem is we don’t create enough clear cut chances for our strikers. Until we sort that out we won’t score many anyway

That has to be put into the context of Everton's questionable recruitment policy.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

Vardy was making runs in behind their high line and none of our players passed it through to him.

Exactly the same with Daka making runs and calling for the ball but it never arrived. Unless the strikers get some service they are never likely to be effective. 

• Like 1

On 03/09/2023 at 12:08, dylanlegend said:

In the correct setup Daka would bang goals in the championship, in fact so would Nacho and Vardy. Cannon is not the messiah if we was Everton would have kept him. Instead they were interested in signing Nacho. 

The problem is we don’t create enough clear cut chances for our strikers. Until we sort that out we won’t score many anyway

...with the amount of balls that get played into the opposition's box, he looks like he can anticipate and get on to a lot of that kind of service!!!

Old fashion striker with a presence, 20 years old and has the utmost belief in himself.

When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

If he's staying then we can't have another Rodgers situation. Needs to be earning his crust.

He's got champions League experience and we need him to contribute not sitting coining it.

I always find these sort of comments frustrating. It’s like when somebody says: “…but he’s an international player”

Factually correct, but ultimately meaningless 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

I always find these sort of comments frustrating. It’s like when somebody says: “…but he’s an international player”

Factually correct, but ultimately meaningless 

I suppose that indicates, at least with the champions league, he's played in a competition with extremely good footballers.

Unlike some of the international backwaters, there's a standard of play in the champions league that's quality assured.

The level he's played at is hardly St Kitts and Nevis is it?

I suspect that this appliess to Coady as

Well.

Even Wolves got rid!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

So is their a £5m payment due to leave £8.5m to go?

We’ve paid £23m for him 

What’s left of that 23 is irrelevant- we have to pay it as agreed (we may have already paid it) unless some of it is related to add ons which aren’t met (see the appearance ‘story’ from last week) 

in our accounts the fee is written off at 20% each year. Hence the 13.5m still left in the negative column. for ffp purposes, any fee received above that means we aren’t becoming worse off.  

Cannon is not the messiah if we was Everton would have kept him. Instead they were interested in signing Nacho. 

Everton would sign my left testicle if I put it on Transfermarkt. Which I intend to.

• Haha 3