Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Patson Daka

39 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Seems fairly obvious that this 5m is due on his next appearance. Looks like a Griezmann situation..

We could negotiate with Salzburg to find a way out if this. Either way, Salzburg ain't getting 5m

Well, if its true - we signed a contract. The whole thing sounds plausible but i still struggle to believe its the full reason.  At the end of the day, we aren't selling him if he rots on the bench for the rest of his contract.  A decision will have to be made to reintegrate otherwise we will be losing more than that 5m.

43 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Seems fairly obvious that this 5m is due on his next appearance. Looks like a Griezmann situation..

We could negotiate with Salzburg to find a way out if this. Either way, Salzburg ain't getting 5m

...this so-called £5m liability just does not seem like the reason for him not playing!!!

He just does not fit what we are doing, his style of play is alien to what we are trying to implement. If this payoff to Salzburg is true, it doesn't change the perception that he has no place in this team, due to the way that he plays.

22 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Overwhelmingly fails to meet it's xG. 

One of the worst shot accuracies in the league. 

Radar plot is lopsided and positioned slightly lower than its most similar player by statistical comparison: @OntarioFoxs right testicle  

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy said:

surprised we don't try and loan him to OHL, even if we're still paying his wages he may attract a buyer

Might be a bit counter intuitive as we need them to continue developing Opoku, pretty sure they only play 1 striker

On 02/09/2023 at 06:47, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

The problem is though that in Enzo’s system Daka wouldn’t do well. His game is very one dimensional and he wouldn’t adapt, though he is a tidy finisher given time and space. 

I sort of agree with this, but at the same time his most successful period as a striker was under Marco Rose and Jesse Marsch who both adopt very dynamic and complex systems. Although he's been very one dimensional for us. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I sort of agree with this, but at the same time his most successful period as a striker was under Marco Rose and Jesse Marsch who both adopt very dynamic and complex systems. Although he's been very one dimensional for us. 

In both systems they played two up front. The benefits of such is one drops in and is able to find space to play those short through balls behind defences for the other (Daka) to get through on goal and shoot quickly. 

We saw that to devastating effect vs Spartak when he played with Iheanacho. But surprisingly Rodgers, Smith and Enzo don't see the benefits of doing so.

He's not got the all round game to play up top on his own IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

In both systems they played two up front. The benefits of such is one drops in and is able to find space to play those short through balls behind defences for the other (Daka) to get through on goal and shoot quickly. 

We saw that to devastating effect vs Spartak when he played with Iheanacho. But surprisingly Rodgers, Smith and Enzo don't see the benefits of doing so.

He's not got the all round game to play up top on his own IMO.

I wouldn't mind seeing the 3-2-4-1 drop into a 4-4-2 out of possession with Iheanacho dropping deep.

With the ball;

Hermansen

Faes Coady Doyle

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu Casadei Iheanacho Mavididi

Cannon

Without the ball;

Hermansen

Ricardo Faes Coady Doyle

Fatawu Casadei Winks Mavididi

Cannon Iheanacho

• Like 2

It’s a real shame we never saw much of a Daka, Nacho partnership. They compliment each other so well. They played together second half of PSV away and looked good. Not going to happen now though it’s to late. Id be surprised if he’s named in the 25 man squad now. 

Edited by Levi Port
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

It’s a real shame we never saw much of a Daka, Nacho partnership. The compliment each other so well. They played together second half of PSV away and looked good. Not going to happen now though it’s to late. Id be surprised if he’s named in the 25 man squad now. 

Given that Cannon won't need to be named because of his age, I'll be very surprised if Daka is omitted.

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Given that Cannon won't need to be named because of his age, I'll be very surprised if Daka is omitted.

I hope so, as when we appointed Enzo I was convinced he’d use him just as Pep uses Haaland up top. Then he started using him on the wing and to me that just makes no sense at all. He can lead a press and finish very well despite lacking that aggression that you want. But he does score goals. I’ve run out of hope now for him here and I think he has too. 

• Like 1

So many crap players have joined Saudi, including Gray, yet not a sniff around Daka. Rudkin should have been on a plane over there literally begging any of them to take him off our hands. Buy Daka and get Ward and Smithies for free. 

• Like 1

It's clearly not for football reasons alone he's been frozen out. He's got his limitations but is a goalscorer given the right opportunities. Whether it's financial, motivation or personal we may never know but for now we can only hope he gets a loan as he's an expensive and depreciating asset sat around twiddling his thumbs.