Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford (A) - Pre Match Thread (18/03/23)

30 minutes ago, sishades said:

No! No it is not. A win is our best hope.

No it's not. If we win Rodgers keeps his job and we continue this horrendously patchy form that will see us relegated. 

The longer Rodgers stays the less likely we survive the drop. I'd take a loss against Brentford if it gave someone else the chance to come in and shake things up.

I can understand the apathy & people losing interest, but actually wanting us to lose is very odd. 

I swear we have a new entitled fanbase since 2016. 

I get it, some detest Rodgers & his ways, but even so, why would us losing benefit the club ? If we go down, we a have along way back.

I'm no fan of Rodgers or his ways, l just try & see the bigger picture. 

Just my opinion. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

I can understand the apathy & people losing interest, but actually wanting us to lose is very odd. 

I get it, some detest Rodgers & his ways, but even so, why would us losing benefit the club ? If we go down, we a have along way back.

Just my opinion. 

You are not alone in this viewpoint. :thumbup:

I view wishing us to go down as extremely self-indulgent and as you say, to the detriment of the club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just hate match days now. I can’t bear to watch, even when we playing well, we seem to find a way to blow it and Brentford 

match will be no different. I still want us to win, even if mean BR is saved from being sacked, because I want to feel happy again☹️ for the right reason😟

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

One of the easiest games of the season for them. Comfortable 3 or 4-0 win. They do everything we can’t handle, plus with a patched up defence. No chance. 

Recommend we politely ask them not to get closer than 2-3 meters to any of our players, think this will help quite a bit.

3 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Just my opinion. 

...do you not think that a poster saying that he would rather see us lose and Rodgers gets the push, could be someone else seeing the bigger picture!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

City's first five PL matches were against Brentford, Arsenal, Southampton, Chelsea and Man Utd, gaining one miserable point against Brentford in the process. We're now in a sequence of five PL matches against the same five clubs: Man Utd, Arsenal, Southampton, Chelsea and Brentford. Having lost to the first four of those clubs again, the logic has to be that we'll get a draw against Brentford again. 

1 minute ago, String fellow said:

City's first five PL matches were against Brentford, Arsenal, Southampton, Chelsea and Man Utd, gaining one miserable point against Brentford in the process. We're now in a sequence of five PL matches against the same five clubs: Man Utd, Arsenal, Southampton, Chelsea and Brentford. Having lost to the first four of those clubs again, the logic has to be that we'll get a draw against Brentford again. 

No logic there. Current setup has zero confidence. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...do you not think that a poster saying that he would rather see us lose and Rodgers gets the push, being someone else seeing the bigger picture!!!

Not really. We’ve reached the stage where we need points. Personally l don’t think changing a manager now will make much difference. We may never know. 

It seems any change of manager isn’t happening until the end of season. 

I don’t want us to lose I want us to win at all costs and keep winning if we can’t win than find a way to draw. We are now officially a desperate club. Does that mean my fellow fan is dilluded if he rather we suffer another loss if that meant a positive change of some sort - I’d say no. He or she is just feeling that much more desperate.

we all want change something anything that will move the needle. If Rogers go we will have to continue with someone part time. Will that be enough to get a boost? Maybe but for how long? It might just come to that or it might be all too little too late

On 11/03/2023 at 22:31, Raj said:

3-0.

Wont even bother to follow it.

Pretend it never happened  and get the result later in the evening...

Exactly how I feel.

Seeing the mother-in-law, going to work (extra) or taking the kids to a busy soft play all actually seem more appealing - what has Brendan done to my love of LCFC. 😢

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...do you not think that a poster saying that he would rather see us lose and Rodgers gets the push, could be someone else seeing the bigger picture!!!

No, because one definitively moves us closer to safety (More points) and one only theoretically may, and to say it definitvely will is just preferential bias, and this is not a debatable conclusion as it is a fact.

• Like 3

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

No, because one definitively moves us closer to safety (More points) and one only theoretically may, and to say it definitvely will is just preferential bias, and this is not a debatable conclusion as it is a fact.

We’re in “cup final” season and can’t willingly lose any game now besides Rodgers has proven to be Teflon so all ifs and buts anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, SafewayFox said:

We’re in “cup final” season and can’t willingly lose any game now besides Rodgers has proven to be Teflon so all ifs and buts anyway.

Absolutely, going down would be a disaster, sure it could work to clean house, but it would be a long difficult road back even if we can survive the financial fallout