Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LanguedocFox

The Coronation

5 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The alternative to the coronation? Just coronate him without all the extra fluff. Like the grand opening of my front door every day. Just go in the front door, there's absolutely no requirement for all the additional b0llocks. Nobody is waiting for me with tickertape, balloons, a red carpet and fire cannons when I come home from work.

Some people would probably think that about football finals- no need for media hype,  confetti and fireworks during trophy ceremony,  trophy lifting,  draping flags over shoulders and singing the anthem etc.  

But at end of the day it is tradition!  You cannot just do away with that suddenly.   That is the point I am making,   I am not even much of a royalist and is swaying between being indifferent to slightly disliking them but people who don't like monarchy have to concede that coronation is a big deal at end of the day especially for one of the most famous royal faily in the world and you cannot just turn a blind eye to that.  

There is a underlying feeling that the royal family is approaching the end of their era and I suppose that would be the natural conclusion instead of bloody revolution led by Foxestalk 🤣

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

IMG_3686.jpeg

Definitely lazy journalism..

You do wonder, after so long since the last one (London Bridge attacks?), if another terror big incident might happen soon..

Edited by Wymsey

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Definitely lazy journalism..

You do wonder, after so long since the last one (London Bridge attacks?), if another terror big incident might happen soon..

Funny you should mention that...breaking news:

Man arrested outside Buckingham Palace

A controlled explosion has taken place and a man was arrested outside Buckingham Palace after throwing suspected shotgun cartridges into palace grounds, police said.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, The Blur said:

Some people would probably think that about football finals- no need for media hype,  confetti and fireworks during trophy ceremony,  trophy lifting,  draping flags over shoulders and singing the anthem etc.  

But at end of the day it is tradition!  You cannot just do away with that suddenly.   That is the point I am making,   I am not even much of a royalist and is swaying between being indifferent to slightly disliking them but people who don't like monarchy have to concede that coronation is a big deal at end of the day especially for one of the most famous royal faily in the world and you cannot just turn a blind eye to that.  

There is a underlying feeling that the royal family is approaching the end of their era and I suppose that would be the natural conclusion instead of bloody revolution led by Foxestalk 🤣

Football finals generate tens of millions of pounds in profit, all the fluff around them is to increase profit and create scenes for media, and buzzy shots for sponsors who pay ££££ to have their brands associated with ‘happiness!!’ It’s not tradition. 

Traditions are meant to be adapted with time. Do you think the fa cup final looks the same now as it did in 1950? Of course not. Tradition evolves

For all the name calling of those that go down to witness or celebrate the event receive i find it stranger that those that don't approve go down & hold a banner saying "Not my King", if that really is the case why give him / the event the time of day :dunno:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

For all the name calling of those that go down to witness or celebrate the event receive i find it stranger that those that don't approve go down & hold a banner saying "Not my King", if that really is the case why give him / the event the time of day :dunno:

Perhaps because they'll be arrested in line with the horrifying new anti-protest laws?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Football finals generate tens of millions of pounds in profit, all the fluff around them is to increase profit and create scenes for media, and buzzy shots for sponsors who pay ££££ to have their brands associated with ‘happiness!!’ It’s not tradition. 

Traditions are meant to be adapted with time. Do you think the fa cup final looks the same now as it did in 1950? Of course not. Tradition evolves

That is my point about tradition evolving over time,   it just annoy me for some reason when people expect/to moan for Charles' coronation to pass by without any fanfare with this change being implemented overnight without appreciating it is just not possible.   A weird hill to die on without being a royalist I grant you!

Maybe I just need to get out the opposing side of bed tomorrow.  

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The coronation is a once in a generation opportunity to advertise the UK and its history to the world.  A lot of people come to the UK as tourists to see and experience our history.   So undoubtedly it will drive a significant increase in tourism worth many millions.

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

The coronation is a once in a generation opportunity to advertise the UK and its history to the world.  A lot of people come to the UK as tourists to see and experience our history.   So undoubtedly it will drive a significant increase in tourism worth many millions.

True. In this instance it probably will pay for itself tbf. Hopefully local merchants pump up their prices and rinse tourists 

16 hours ago, Daggers said:

I’ll be taking full advantage of all the coppers being in London to go out speeding on the roads and maybe commit several other crimes.

Not going to be nicking ladies underwear off the washing lines AGAIN are you....

23 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Since I was banned for my previous post in here I'll rephrase it:

The royal family should be told to go away in a professional but firm voice and anyone who supports them is a silly goose.

What was your original post?

I'm sure you cant get banned for the same post twice!!!

I'd be more arsed if it skipped a generation and it was Willy boy that was being coronated. Instead we are stuck with that sausage fingered bellend.

I do feel that as generations pass by, the less people actually care for the Royals. Given it's Charles and not William, I suspect that even more people will stop caring.

I am grateful for the extra bank holiday though.