Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LanguedocFox

The Coronation

13 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The jewels belong to those countries, not ours. They can do what the hell they want with them. Typical British arrogance, we’ll take care of your possessions because you won’t be able to. 

That wasn't what I meant - more that you would have to look at it on a case by case basis to determine whether they were obviously stolen like the Elgin Marbles or legitimately bought or gifted.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dunge said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65493188

Nobody taking any responsibility for even coming up with this idiotic idea.

It wouldn’t even be so bad if everyone was invited to do something simple like “wish him well”.

I think we can safely assume it was a joint project conducted by Ritchie Wellens, Dennis W*se and Brendo Flashbelt. 

• Haha 1

On 01/05/2023 at 08:04, Jon the Hat said:

For a moment I was a little surprised by your post, then saw you have moved to lovely Devon, home of many of my ancestors.

I think a lot of people don't care, and those that do are much more likely to get some snacks in and watch TV than shout about it.

We have decs up, and are watching on tv.

BUT tomorrow, we are going to a street party.

THIS is one of the biggest days of my life.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Fascinating to witness the mental gymnastics people use to absolve Prince Andrew of being a massive deviant 

Genuinely insane. I don’t like any of them, including Harry, but to say he’s done more harm than Andrew. People are mental. The world is gone. I’m still staggered so many people are in to it. I live in Scotland and there’s still Union Jacks everywhere so lord knows what it must be like down south. 

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I think we can safely assume it was a joint project conducted by Ritchie Wellens, Dennis W*se and Brendo Flashbelt. 

I’ll happily blame W*se for anything.

21 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Fascinating to witness the mental gymnastics people use to absolve Prince Andrew of being a massive deviant 

I'd be taking my kid out of that prat's Scout troop very quickly indeed.

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

I'd be taking my kid out of that prat's Scout troop very quickly indeed.

I was thinking the same... I think he will have some questions to answer.

The Scouts are phenomenally good at weeding out that's like this.

28 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

My main gripe is why are they only doing this now? He became King ages ago - talk about making a meal of it. Like people who do things for their birthday more than a week before or after the day.

A suitable period of mourning following his Mother's death?

A Coronation is a celebration- not right straight after the death of a loved one.  The King was visibly pained when he was in public the day after.

46 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

My main gripe is why are they only doing this now? He became King ages ago - talk about making a meal of it. Like people who do things for their birthday more than a week before or after the day.

Always been thus. The Queen became so in February 1952 but coronation was June 1953