Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

Considering how Ndidi has been pushed forward,  I think Praet can do a better job in that role then Ndidi. The problem is, just like his mate Castagne, I dont think he wants to be here. If that's the case, these players need to be moved on for whatever we get.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dayday said:

Here’s been here that long and I still don’t even know what his supposed position is 

No matter where we have played him , he offers nothing 

...a #8, that goes ahead of the striker!!!

We do not play that way, we use wingers or  wing backs for that role and with Vardy upfront,  we look to release early to get him in. When we go to possession football there is little scope for what he does as all defenders are set in their positions.

The Ndidi #8, is the role he should be playing, he will make better decisions and look to pick someone out in the box  as opposed to playing the ball across goal an seeing if someone can get on the end of it.

If there was an opportunity for him to cement himself at this club, this will be it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Hi mate, did you skip the Fulham game?

I did and he was by far not the worst that day unlike others who escape criticism but have made game changing blunders with suicide passes leading to important goals being given away. 

Not saying Praet was the best but there were many others in our team who were a lot worse. 

Seeing Tielemans head rolling around in his pathetic attempt to track back and being overtaken by the ref lives long in my memory.  As I say there were many others much worse than Praet last season. 

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Completely exaggerated on here how bad he is. Leicester fans always seem to ignore the real problems at the club and scapegoat bit part players

Yep. If he wants to go and someone offers a decent fee for him then fair enough he can go. If that doesn’t happen, I personally think he will play an important role for us this season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

Considering how Ndidi has been pushed forward,  I think Praet can do a better job in that role then Ndidi. The problem is, just like his mate Castagne, I dont think he wants to be here. If that's the case, these players need to be moved on for whatever we get.

I don’t think any of the Belgium lads want to be here anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I don’t think any of the Belgium lads want to be here anymore.

It seems none of them have wanted to be here for a while. Think they are too good for it, in reality they massively part of reason we went down in my opinion. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DezFox said:

It seems none of them have wanted to be here for a while. Think they are too good for it, in reality they massively part of reason we went down in my opinion. 

Hard to blame Praet or Vestergaard , they hardly played. 

Just now, DezFox said:

Yes but they won’t have helped the camp. Was talking more of Youri and Timmy 

The blame lies entirely with Rodgers and his life expired backroom team . He failed on nearly every front. The club saw the iceberg and thought we were unsinkable. I will not blame individual players , the lack of leadership virtually destroyed their motivation.

2 hours ago, Workingtonfox said:

I did and he was by far not the worst that day unlike others who escape criticism but have made game changing blunders with suicide passes leading to important goals being given away. 

Not saying Praet was the best but there were many others in our team who were a lot worse. 

Seeing Tielemans head rolling around in his pathetic attempt to track back and being overtaken by the ref lives long in my memory.  As I say there were many others much worse than Praet last season. 

Many worse players shouldn’t form the basis of who we keep and who we don’t though. Praet hasn’t worked, I need no further evidence of this and I’m shocked people still think he has a part to play.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Viva said:

I should hope he has with him being a professional footballer. Not seen them at Leicester though. 

No disrespect to your no doubt illustrious school career but it's a pretty low bar from @funkyrobot to favourably compare Praet's passing ability to your own. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be honest it's unfair of me to criticise Praet as despite being a ST holder in his time here and maybe doing half a dozen away games a season the only thing I can recall about him is that pass at Brentford. Genuinely can't remember anything else from him good or bad, when he gets a game he's just there.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

To be honest it's unfair of me to criticise Praet as despite being a ST holder in his time here and maybe doing half a dozen away games a season the only thing I can recall about him is 

STOP

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No disrespect to your no doubt illustrious school career but it's a pretty low bar from @funkyrobot to favourably compare Praet's passing ability to your own. :)

Yeh tbf former Belgian league player of the season Praet, capped by Belgium 15 times is a low bar compared to Viva’s one memorable pass when he was in the playground many moons ago. The memory plays tricks with the mind, Viva’s worldie pass was probably a miss hit shinner to Mrs Scroggins the Dinner Lady. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

To be honest it's unfair of me to criticise Praet as despite being a ST holder in his time here and maybe doing half a dozen away games a season the only thing I can recall about him is that pass at Brentford. Genuinely can't remember anything else from him good or bad, when he gets a game he's just there.

You weren’t at the KP when he banged one into the top corner against Burnley eh? 

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Many worse players shouldn’t form the basis of who we keep and who we don’t though. Praet hasn’t worked, I need no further evidence of this and I’m shocked people still think he has a part to play.

It’s because we are playing Ndidi in a creative attacking role not at all suited to a CDM and because there’s a thought/hope that maybe under Maresca, many players will be better than under Rodgers. 

10 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

You weren’t at the KP when he banged one into the top corner against Burnley eh? 

The thing about Praet is it's difficult to remember specific goals because he just scores so many of them. Like trying to remember each individual grain of rice you've eaten.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I hadn't realised Vestergaard was Belgian, every day is a school day on here.

Sorry , I didn't think we were being nationality specific. It seems to me that Dennis and Rodgers did not get on at all , probably because Dennis thought his tactics were crap and he was right. I am certainly not blaming him for anything , he is a sound enough player and is not and never has been spectacular. He will probably see his contract out and it wouldn't surprise me if Enzo uses him quite often.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Sorry , I didn't think we were being nationality specific. It seems to me that Dennis and Rodgers did not get on at all , probably because Dennis thought his tactics were crap and he was right. I am certainly not blaming him for anything , he is a sound enough player and is not and never has been spectacular. He will probably see his contract out and it wouldn't surprise me if Enzo uses him quite often.

You had replied to a psy about none of the Belgians wanting to be here.

Could be a few players that now want to stay, think Praet could work at this level, I'm also not expecting Vestergard to be leaving that soon, depending on the injury to Coady or us getting a replacement.

• Like 1