Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

2 hours ago, Patrick said:

Don't buy that it was all about Rodgers, watch his performance against Fulham under Dean Smith. He had a chance to get stuck in and prove himself under a new manager and he couldn't be arsed. 

But you could say that about any player - they can all have a bad game. Look at some of the games our so called super stars failed to show up in, time after time, even when they are given a long run in the team. Even Vardy only looked decent in the last few games. Like I said, I'm not saying Praet is going to be the answer, but I would like to give him a chance in a different system and playing in a position that is suited to his skill set before I write him off. You may well be correct and he needs to move on, but I do generally feel he's had a raw deal under Rodgers.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

But you could say that about any player - they can all have a bad game. Look at some of the games our so called super stars failed to show up in, time after time, even when they are given a long run in the team. Even Vardy only looked decent in the last few games. Like I said, I'm not saying Praet is going to be the answer, but I would like to give him a chance in a different system and playing in a position that is suited to his skill set before I write him off. You may well be correct and he needs to move on, but I do generally feel he's had a raw deal under Rodgers.

It wasn't just any game though, it was a game which was essentially akin to a cup final where every point was vital, every player needed to show up and display maximum effort, Praet in particular clearly wasn't even trying.  The vast majority of the squad are a total disgrace and should never wear the shirt ever again, but it looks like we're going to be stuck with most of them thanks to the board's incompetence.

11 minutes ago, Patrick said:

It wasn't just any game though, it was a game which was essentially akin to a cup final where every point was vital, every player needed to show up and display maximum effort, Praet in particular clearly wasn't even trying.  The vast majority of the squad are a total disgrace and should never wear the shirt ever again, but it looks like we're going to be stuck with most of them thanks to the board's incompetence.

I do hear what you are saying, but he was somewhat thrown into the lions den. Bit part roles for most of the season, then expected to perform on his first real chance chance, and yes I agree he did himself no favours, but he wasn't the only one against Fulham, particularly first half where the whole team were atrocious, in particular Iverson. All I am really saying is I have an open mind at the moment on Praet, in a new system that suits his style more he may be an asset, he may not, in which case he can still be sold or loaned out by 31st August. But we do have 4 or 5 games to have a look at him.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Viva said:

Clutching at straws I think to find anything positive about Praet's time with us. He hasn't been given a run of games, because he's never shown enough to deserve a place in the side. That's not all Rodger's fault. 

That may well be the case and I have no real argument to disagree with you. However, it was Rodgers' fault for giving Armarty, Ward, and Soumare extended runs in the side when clearly they didn't deserve a place in the team. I still feel with Rodgers, if your face fitted, you'd be selected and his stubbornness to outcast certain players cost us relegation. I am definitely not saying Praet would have been our saviour, but it's difficult to judge his effectiveness when he only got to play occasionally in 'fill in' roles. I just want to see in a new system if there is a player in there that can be effective. If not, sell or loan out on 31st August.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 1

I expect they will offer at most £1 more than what they offered last time

https://www.calciomercato.com/news/torino-nuovo-tentativo-per-praet

Torino is preparing a new offensive for Dennis Praet. Ivan Juric wants the Belgian midfielder back, who ended up on the sidelines at Leicester, and now sporting director Vagnati is working to satisfy him. Expected new contacts soon.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I expect they will offer at most £1 more than what they offered last time

https://www.calciomercato.com/news/torino-nuovo-tentativo-per-praet

Torino is preparing a new offensive for Dennis Praet. Ivan Juric wants the Belgian midfielder back, who ended up on the sidelines at Leicester, and now sporting director Vagnati is working to satisfy him. Expected new contacts soon.

Let’s hope we can reach a sensible compromise that means we can move him on and reinvest in players who want to be here long term. 

• Like 2

If he was an ice cream flavour he’d be vanilla. Car would be a Ford. Item of clothing would be a vest. Nothing wrong with any of them but not what you’d ideally go for given the choice. If we can get anything near a decent fee move him on.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, brookfox said:

If he was an ice cream flavour he’d be vanilla. Car would be a Ford. Item of clothing would be a vest. Nothing wrong with any of them but not what you’d ideally go for given the choice. If we can get anything near a decent fee move him on.

Depends on what we replace these players with though. 

International quality on his day.

25 minutes ago, brookfox said:

If he was an ice cream flavour, he’d be praline and dick.

• Haha 2

Get him gone. Has never held down a place in the four years he’s been here and clearly doesn’t want to be here. I’d accept anything as long as it’s permanent and as long as we aren’t still paying his wages.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

But he has shown it about as often as Belgium have won the World Cup . . 

Like I say depends who we replace him with? A free transfer? Crappy youth team player? 

I don’t particularly rate him, but if it’s just a case of get him off the wage bill and he isn’t replaced, prefer to utilise him at least until

jan window.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Like I say depends who we replace him with? A free transfer? Crappy youth team player? 

I don’t particularly rate him, but if it’s just a case of get him off the wage bill and he isn’t replaced, prefer to utilise him at least until

jan window.

Fair point 

3 hours ago, brookfox said:

Yes he wouldn’t be missed.

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

He has no interest in playing for us or wanting to progress here. It's best for all parties to move him on - and we need to accept a lower than desired fee for this. 

That would require pragmatism from a board that seems completely adverse to it at the minute.

As for Praet besides one decent pass he's always flattered to deceive. The sooner he moves on the better for everyone.

• Like 1