Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

58 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I agree, I've always liked the bloke. Maybe he could be the creative part we need if we can't get anyone in. Just worry he's a bit light weight for the league. But in terms of talent, I think he can pick a pass and open up championship defences. 

But I would like a new young player in that position. Shame we can't get Alex Scott, he would have been the ideal Madders replacement. Ah well, relegation sucks!

He is one of the players I would keep unless a sensible offer comes in.  He offers the flexibly to play different roles in different systems which we will need.

I don’t agree about him being lightweight though, I think he has a touch of nastiness about him that we are also going to need.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

I do find this sort of thing a bit odd. Praet is bigger than Scott. There's a misconception in my eyes (not on you FF, just a general observation) that every player in the championship is some physical monster and everyone needs brute strength. Premier league defenders are bigger, stronger, better physical specimens than the majority of those in the championship. I'm not sure where this idea comes from that the championship is somehow more physically demanding. I do get the idea that championship players are less technical and so there's the idea that they make up for that by being more physical, but it's not like they're all towering pillars of strength. Adam Armstrong is a little squib and he plundered goals for Blackburn at this level no problem. The EFL team of the season had Scott, Tella and Brownhill in the midfield. Not exactly towering powerhouses...

Well, we have the biggest CB in Souttar and he is once again a Championship defender. Its not so much about size , its attitude and aggression. My reading is , with less close scrutiny VAR , you will get away with more physical play in the Championship. Our players have a reputation for being pussies though Wout Faes is not included in that.

8 minutes ago, JimJams said:

I do find this sort of thing a bit odd. Praet is bigger than Scott. There's a misconception in my eyes (not on you FF, just a general observation) that every player in the championship is some physical monster and everyone needs brute strength. Premier league defenders are bigger, stronger, better physical specimens than the majority of those in the championship. I'm not sure where this idea comes from that the championship is somehow more physically demanding. I do get the idea that championship players are less technical and so there's the idea that they make up for that by being more physical, but it's not like they're all towering pillars of strength. Adam Armstrong is a little squib and he plundered goals for Blackburn at this level no problem. The EFL team of the season had Scott, Tella and Brownhill in the midfield. Not exactly towering powerhouses...

Welcome to the Championship.

NZRL release Rugby League World Cup Wider Squad and Notable Kiwi Players  list - New Zealand Rugby League

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Apart from being one of only two (I'm being generous to KDH here) players at the club who can play Maresca's no.8 role?

Can he though. Showed very little in his time with us, doesn’t seem interested, hopefully he can massively improve

36 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Can he though. Showed very little in his time with us, doesn’t seem interested, hopefully he can massively improve

...he has always been the player that can go ahead of the striker and playing #8 on the right (shall we say, the current Ndidi role) gives you a player who will be more adept in those circumstances!!!.

You really feel that anyone can play in this new system and be comfortable, Demarai Gray could thrive in a more structured system, such as this.

10 hours ago, Claridge said:

Snap both hands for 9 million for praet. Can’t see anything he offers us

apologies for being misleading, the 9m is for Vlasic.  They did the same with us last season, had an option for 10, didn’t take it but then bargained that we let him for for 5-7m … because they had the power as the player wanted it after the loan. 

I believe they have come back for him this summer but now offering about 2.5m which just isn’t worth it for us.  5m seems about fair right now but maresca wants to use him and I think he will do well if we play him consistently.  Particularly if it’s in a roaming 8 role. 

I think he’s harshly judged by many because of 2 games. West ham … just back from injury and the fulham game… where again he wasn’t fit enough because he’d had little game time. Very hard to judge him on sporadic opportunities but he has also shown enough that under most managers, would have gotten him a second game… but not with brendan. 

When maddison was missing and he played against leeds we were arguably a much more functional side. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

apologies for being misleading, the 9m is for Vlasic.  They did the same with us last season, had an option for 10, didn’t take it but then bargained that we let him for for 5-7m … because they had the power as the player wanted it after the loan. 

I believe they have come back for him this summer but now offering about 2.5m which just isn’t worth it for us.  5m seems about fair right now but maresca wants to use him and I think he will do well if we play him consistently.  Particularly if it’s in a roaming 8 role. 

I think he’s harshly judged by many because of 2 games. West ham … just back from injury and the fulham game… where again he wasn’t fit enough because he’d had little game time. Very hard to judge him on sporadic opportunities but he has also shown enough that under most managers, would have gotten him a second game… but not with brendan. 

When maddison was missing and he played against leeds we were arguably a much more functional side. 

Functional > Shit

5 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Really? He has shown very, very little in 4 years and now enters his final 12 months. If there is anyone i think you can guarantee won't be giving you 100% in this situation its Dennis, who has frequently played like he couldn't care less. He should be on the 'get rid no matter what list'. My concern is that nobody will want him, and he is going to earn another 12 months of very easy money.

Never like him as a signing from the off, he's always been a bits and pieces player which I hate. I like my midfielders to either be destructive, creators or goal scorers and he is none of those.

Signed for €20m as a 25yo as well and I hate those type of signings, expensive and not good enough or intended for the first XI and at an age when he has little room for improvement. We needed a back up No8 to Maddison and Tielemans at the time and I wanted to see a highly rated 19-21yo with big potential not proven mediocrity for a club challenging for Europe.

Signings like Praet are why we're in the Championship, spending big money on mid 20's players who aren't good enough for the first XI. 

• Like 3

It is getting to a point where I want to keep Praet cause it would create additional workload for us in identifying a replacement if we do sell him.   We have not really looked at our youngsters in the pre season other than Wanyal and maybe McAteer which did not help either. 

Edited by The Blur

Typical FoxesTalk, some other random player connected to a club one of our players was linked to but then it fell through so we refresh, people get all excited to read of some transfer movement and then it’s just people back and forthing on a guy not leaving and who may or may not be part of the team this season 

7 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Typical FoxesTalk, some other random player connected to a club one of our players was linked to but then it fell through so we refresh, people get all excited to read of some transfer movement and then it’s just people back and forthing on a guy not leaving and who may or may not be part of the team this season 

It beats talking to the other half :ph34r::P

12 minutes ago, Patrick said:

He clearly doesn't want to be here, we should have learned from last season what having uncommitted players does to the squad mentality. Get him out the door.

If true then yes, you'd want rid. He appeared to want out last season, and who can blame him, but do we really know now?

Getting players out the door should be based on a few considerations:

- do we need to release/sell for financial reasons?

- are they committed or do they want to leave?

- do they have attributes vital or useful to the team or do they not "fit"?

We've already sold Maddison and Barnes bringing in significant funds, and reduced the wage bill with all the others who have also left and the relegation clauses.

I'm not sure how many others we actually need to sell/leave. I'm not sure anyone knows?

Based on the reports I've seen of transfer interest in our players with just a year left on their contract, no-one seems to want to pay very much for them. 

So if such players like Iheanacho and Praet are committed then I'd certainly keep them. They provide qualities we need and their sales wouldn't generate significant funds to replace them with players of equal, or even slightly reduced, talent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

I think he clearly didn't want to be here last year because of the abhorrent treatment he received from Rodgers. He was never given a proper run of games, often made to play in unfamiliar positions or was totally ostracised. I think as an employee I'd want to be off if I'd been treated so poorly. He's looked decent in this new system and I hope he gets a chance to show us what he can potentially add to the team before I'm ready to bin him off. I do remember a couple of seasons ago when Madders had his hip problem, we played some of our best football with Praet in the side. 

Don't buy that it was all about Rodgers, watch his performance against Fulham under Dean Smith. He had a chance to get stuck in and prove himself under a new manager and he couldn't be arsed. 

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

I think he clearly didn't want to be here last year because of the abhorrent treatment he received from Rodgers. He was never given a proper run of games, often made to play in unfamiliar positions or was totally ostracised. I think as an employee I'd want to be off if I'd been treated so poorly. He's looked decent in this new system and I hope he gets a chance to show us what he can potentially add to the team before I'm ready to bin him off. I do remember a couple of seasons ago when Madders had his hip problem, we played some of our best football with Praet in the side. 

Don't buy that it was all about Rodgers, watch his performance against Fulham under Dean Smith. He had a chance to get stuck in and prove himself under a new manager and he couldn't be arsed. 

• Haha 1

If and it's a Big If Enzo can get him to produce anywhere near the football he did for Torino then there's a class player in there.

However, the same applies to him and the others in the squad, if he doesn't want to help us and the Manager doesn't see him buying in in to his philosophy then maybe it's time to cut our losses.

Nobody wants a player in the dressing room who's not on the same page as the the rest of squad. 

2 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Clutching at straws I think to find anything positive about Praet's time with us. He hasn't been given a run of games, because he's never shown enough to deserve a place in the side. That's not all Rodger's fault. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1