Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Gonna be hard to "just get rid" if we refuse to do business with the only club that's seemingly interested.

Also, being a billionaire owned English club telling a broke mid table Serie A club to stop being tight for not being able to afford a ten million pound footballer who earns north of 50k a week is more entitled and out of touch than Rishi Sunak. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Didn't Benalouane give an interview once saying one of his hobbies was visiting car boot sales lol

Probably looking for retired referees who had sent him off so he can 2 foot them in the middle of a field. What a man!

• Haha 3

On 06/07/2023 at 12:30, Finnegan said:

Also, being a billionaire owned English club telling a broke mid table Serie A club to stop being tight for not being able to afford a ten million pound footballer who earns north of 50k a week is more entitled and out of touch than Rishi Sunak. 

If they can't afford him they'll have to look elsewhere.  We're not a charity.  

He's a decent player but if nobody wants him keep him and play him. 

• Like 3

https://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-player-offered-club-second-time-maresca-doesnt-want-king-power-stadium/

Even though Leicester City midfielder Dennis Praet is frequently linked to a move to Italy, it now seems Turkey could be a destination for the 29-year-old as well.

A report from Ajansspor today claims that the player was, ‘for the second time’, offered to Trabzonspor.

It’s not made clear when the first suggestion arrived, but it’s assured that agents have repeatedly tried to move the Leicester City player to the Turkish side.

For now, there’s no decision from Trabzonspor on whether to sign Praet. The first reason why they’re not that excited about that possibility is that the midfield is not a priority for them in this transfer window.

Plus when receiving the suggestion, manager Nenad Bjelica promised to analyse the signing, and claimed he ‘wants to think about it’. No response from his was given so far.

According to Ajansspor, Leicester City and Enzo Maresca do not consider having Praet in their squad next season, and now work on his departure from the club.

With Italian clubs struggling to match the Foxes’ requests, perhaps the solution could come from the Turkish market.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I smell an agent who lives and works in trabzon and knows no other Turkish clubs ! 

The trouble is that the clubs got no money. Every source seems to suggest that Trabzons poor!

:banana:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Torino really are the biggest tw@s in football! 

Just like they did with Praet they negotiated an option at £13m, get in the players head but then tried offering only £9m. 

I hope west ham tell them to jog on and that we never answer the phone to them again. 

Snap both hands for 9 million for praet. Can’t see anything he offers us

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we can't get anyone to cover his wages and at least the cost of a fifth of the transfer fee we paid for him then I agree, might as well keep him if he's happy to stay and be motivated to try and get us up. 

This level ought to be easy for him.

I agree, I've always liked the bloke. Maybe he could be the creative part we need if we can't get anyone in. Just worry he's a bit light weight for the league. But in terms of talent, I think he can pick a pass and open up championship defences. 

But I would like a new young player in that position. Shame we can't get Alex Scott, he would have been the ideal Madders replacement. Ah well, relegation sucks!

Edited by fox_favourite

15 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I agree, I've always liked the bloke. Maybe he could be the creative part we need if we can't get anyone in. Just worry he's a bit light weight for the league. But in terms of talent, I think he can pick a pass and open up championship defences. 

But I would like a new young player in that position. Shame we can't get Alex Scott, he would have been the ideal Madders replacement. Ah well, relegation sucks!

We need options, arguably need 4 players capable of playing as an 8, we currently have 2. I'd love us to go for Williot Swedberg from Celta, who will struggle under Benitez or the dream is Sebastian Nanasi from Malmo.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we can't get anyone to cover his wages and at least the cost of a fifth of the transfer fee we paid for him then I agree, might as well keep him if he's happy to stay and be motivated to try and get us up. 

This level ought to be easy for him.

I keep hearing about this 'level'. I fear that we are about to get a rude awakening. It might be a shock to the system for some of our players (and fans). 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I keep hearing about this 'level'. I fear that we are about to get a rude awakening. It might be a shock to the system for some of our players (and fans). 

Quite possibly, but players of Dennis Praet's calibre with the right mentality and desire should excel at this level. The reason we may struggle will be poor preparation, motivation and the squad being completely unbalanced. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Quite possibly, but players of Dennis Praet's calibre with the right mentality and desire should excel at this level. The reason we may struggle will be poor preparation, motivation and the squad being completely unbalanced. 

100% this, he's in and out of the Belgian team ffs. Should absolutely shine in this league with the right coaching. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the manager has enough about him to void all 3 of these concerns.