Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

No chance we get €15m for him, probably be about €5m

https://sportwitness.co.uk/club-dream-leicester-player-can-top-signing-summer-intend-send-offer-foxes/

Real Betis ‘dream’ of signing Leicester City’s Dennis Praet in the summer, according to Fichajes.net.

The midfielder has played less than 1000 minutes from 28 matches this season, which includes only six league starts.

He could consider changing clubs after this season and Leicester will ‘not resist’ his exit. This has caught the attention of European clubs, including the La Liga side.

Betis manager Manuel Pellegrini would have given the ‘green light’ for the operation as the Belgium international’s arrival can give an ‘important leap in the quality’ in the squad.

Los Verdiblancos ‘have in mind’ to table an offer of around €15m for the Leicester player as they believe this is ‘more than acceptable’.

At the moment, it’s not clear if the Spanish club have already made a firm offer to try to negotiate a deal with Leicester for Praet. However, Betis’ interest in the player could ‘lead to a negotiation’ between the two clubs in the next few weeks.

Betis believe the Leicester midfielder could be a ‘top signing’ for them.

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's just never really fit. He's OK. Absolutely no idea why there's this consensus he's a winger. He's an 8.

...the need to get someone to be effective in the Right Wing position, as Tete has not set the world alight, and the need to get Maddison central, is why Praet has found himself in these positions!!!

I do not believe anyone believes that Praet is a Winger, he has always been a #8.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the need to get someone to be effective in the Right Wing position, as Tete has not set the world alight, and the need to get Maddison central, is why Praet has found himself in these positions!!!

I do not believe anyone believes that Praet is a Winger, he has always been a #8.

He's never done anything on the wing better than Tete. Tete hasn't been good but he is at least actually a winger even if he has been poor.

This was a far worse signing than it gets credit for really. Quite an expensive fee, big wages, never held down a proper first team place at any point.

I bet nobody, club or player, wishes they'd bothered.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

He's never done anything on the wing better than Tete. Tete hasn't been good but he is at least actually a winger even if he has been poor.

This was a far worse signing than it gets credit for really. Quite an expensive fee, big wages, never held down a proper first team place at any point.

I bet nobody, club or player, wishes they'd bothered.

....I did not say that Praet playing in the RW position was in any way a good thing!!!

It would not be something we would look to do as the norm but we have a dearth of options who can play on the right and Tete is not producing. My post was an explanation of why Praet has been given the role, not something that I am advocating.

I would like to see Tete get a full 90 minutes, he tends to grow into games and he needs to be confident in his own game, and dragging him in every game does not give him that option. Mahrez was not dragged every game and had games where he did not contribute but we kept him on the pitch.