Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

23 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

... agreed that he's not doggo but just because he's played 32 minutes for Belgium doesn't mean we should be going all out to keep him.

I'm playing devil's advocate here, if he wanted to stay I'd be hopeful that he'd do a decent job for us at this level.

him going is the right thing. It didn’t work out here, I just don’t think he’s as terrible as some are making out, really.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

:crylaugh:This is where actual seeing something with your own eyes beats stats. That was 100% the pass that was intended. He looked up, saw the run and played it perfectly. There shouldn’t be much doubt over his technique, more the application of that technique and his tendency to disappear from games that have set him back. Maybe he’s not suited to the physicality of the English game but that pass was outstanding. 

If you give me a golf club and a 150 yard par 3 I'll hole in one it eventually, doesn't make me Tiger Woods.

Unless he's done it several times then I'm not having that is in his repertoire. Now name his second best pass in a Leicester shirt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

If you give me a golf club and a 150 yard par 3 I'll hole in one it eventually, doesn't make me Tiger Woods.

Unless he's done it several times then I'm not having that is in his repertoire. Now name his second best pass in a Leicester shirt.

Fully agree. I’ve still got an amazing pass with the outside of the boot in my head that I made for the school team many years ago! Anyone can have that one moment of class! 

3 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

:crylaugh:This is where actual seeing something with your own eyes beats stats. That was 100% the pass that was intended. He looked up, saw the run and played it perfectly. There shouldn’t be much doubt over his technique, more the application of that technique and his tendency to disappear from games that have set him back. Maybe he’s not suited to the physicality of the English game but that pass was outstanding. 

I mean, come on. We're talking about one pass. 

How has one player lived on one single pass at his whole time at Leicester 

12 hours ago, Gerard said:

He’s a professional footballer, he’s played for his country numerous times. It’s in his repertoire. Watch his you tube clips, he can ping a pass. He hasn’t done much for Leicester but to compare that pass to your numerous attempts at a potential hole in one is pure bantz.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Viva said:

Fully agree. I’ve still got an amazing pass with the outside of the boot in my head that I made for the school team many years ago! Anyone can have that one moment of class! 

To be a professional footballer that’s played at the top level in Italy, Belgium and England and had numerous international caps I’d put my house on that he’s had many more moments of class on the football than your one pass for your school team all those many years ago. If in doubt check out YouTube. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

To be a professional footballer that’s played at the top level in Italy, Belgium and England and had numerous international caps I’d put my house on that he’s had many more moments of class on the football than your one pass for your school team all those many years ago. If in doubt check out YouTube. 

I should hope he has with him being a professional footballer. Not seen them at Leicester though. 

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Completely exaggerated on here how bad he is. Leicester fans always seem to ignore the real problems at the club and scapegoat bit part players

People seem to see their own rhetoric first.  Dennis is average, decent not special, but ok and critically not every player can be a game changer.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Finnegan said:

He's actually been here so long I'm developing Stockholm syndrome. I keep catching myself thinking "you know what, I think he'll do a job for us this year."

Like it's fvcking contagious. 

13 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I can't be alone in thinking he's not that bad. We have far worse central midfielders still at the club. 

4a1bb85b-4669-4a87-b9dc-9d1ec7fa05a4_tex

39 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Completely exaggerated on here how bad he is. Leicester fans always seem to ignore the real problems at the club and scapegoat bit part players

Come on, he has been average at a push. When you spend over £15m on a player, you at least hope he can contribute more than he has in four years. When we could have done with more from him last season, he contributed nothing. 
I don’t think the main problems have been ignored at all. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The writing was on the wall when he was signed as a 'utility player'

It took ages for the club to persuade him to come and they gave him a big contract to get it done. One of our numerous mistakes and we are not getting out of it on the cheap.

1 hour ago, Workingtonfox said:

I must say whenever I saw him play last season he put in more effort than a good many on that football field. Unfortunately his face didn't fit with Rodgers so he never got a run in the team,  unlike Tielemans, so I'm not surprised he wants away. 

Hi mate, did you skip the Fulham game?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Viva said:

Never have been any good at sports requiring physical exertion but I did once play a pool shot that was pure sorcery.