Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

I still don’t get how Villa get around FFP while we acted like paupers last season in particular running in fear of it.

I think it’s just a case of we were scared by the rules while others, mainly the top 6 but notably Man City, Chelsea, Everton and Villa (and looking so far this summer, Arsenal) know they are no consequences so just give massive “**** you” to FFP.

Edited by Matt

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I still don’t get how Villa get around FFP while we acted like paupers last season in particular running in fear of it.

I think it’s just a case of we were scared by the rules while others, mainly the top 6 but notably Man City, Chelsea, Everton and Villa (and looking so far this summer, Arsenal) know they are no consequences so just give massive “**** you” to FFP.

Man U are going to be paying Mount £300k per week & alot whinged at our players on £80k were bankrupting the club, it's just another example of the gulf & a possible turning of a blind eye to FFP from the club or from the Premier league due to the club involved.

50 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Man U are going to be paying Mount £300k per week & alot whinged at our players on £80k were bankrupting the club, it's just another example of the gulf & a possible turning of a blind eye to FFP from the club or from the Premier league due to the club involved.

I'm not justifying it or passing it off because they're a big club, afterall i've 'gone after' and named Man City and Chelsea, but the gulf is accepted and understood but how do Villa and Everton keep justifying or explaining it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Did you forget they sold Grealish for £100m. That protects them for a few seasons after. 

59 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm not justifying it or passing it off because they're a big club, afterall i've 'gone after' and named Man City and Chelsea, but the gulf is accepted and understood but how do Villa and Everton keep justifying or explaining it.

I'm with ya Matt, Villa will swim around the big pond like we did for a few seasons & then eventually be consumed with a spiraling wage bill & ultimately end up in the same fate as ourselves, it's the beginning of the end already for clubs like Brighton

Just now, The Bear said:

Did you forget they sold Grealish for £100m. That protects them for a few seasons after. 

I think you're probably joking but even so i've had this said to me in person by Villa fans and on here before and they were saying it genuinely.

For the purposes of the argument either way:

Kante - £30m

Drinkwater £30m

Mahrez - £60m

Maguire - £80m

Chilwell - £50m

Fofana - £80m

Maddison - £40m* (Probably can't be used for the purposes of the argument)

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think you're probably joking but even so i've had this said to me in person by Villa fans and on here before and they were saying it genuinely.

For the purposes of the argument either way:

Kante - £30m

Drinkwater £30m

Mahrez - £60m

Maguire - £80m

Chilwell - £50m

Fofana - £80m

Maddison - £40m* (Probably can't be used for the purposes of the argument)

Everything after summer 2020 is irrelevant for FFP purposes now, which runs on a 3 year cycle. 

If introduced, the change would bring a major cash boost to clubs playing in the Europa League, as all their games on the subsequent weekend will be televised, netting them around £1million-per-match in a Premier League facilities fee based on the current payments. 

The Premier League will also increase the number of Friday and Monday evening TV slots from the 2024-25 season in a bid to attract higher offers from broadcasters in an auction that is due to take place this autumn. 

The number of TV packages available is expected to be cut when the tender document is issued in October, with each package containing more matches and with the mini-package of 20 games currently held by Amazon Prime disappearing entirely

Funny how clubs do business, Arsenal paying £105m for Rice and Liverpool look at getting both Mac Allister & Dominik Szoboszlai for the same money.

Throw in Lavia potentially and that’s a brand new but a cracking looking ‘Liverpool style’ midfield for years to come

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Tried at the last TV bids but no one wanted to spend the extra money on the lots - after you’d be spending it on televising the 6th/7th popular game that weekend. Assuming they are going lump in these games with existing tender lots this time. 

10 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Brazen 

£25m per season nice jump from £5m with Fun88 which is what the rest of us get.

Will come in handy by giving Bruno and the likes the £200k pwk new contracts to keep and to attract