Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Just now, Sly said:

Full team they chose. 

This was mine:

GK Hermansen - Leicester

RB : Ricardo - Leicester

CB : Vestergaard - Leicester

CB : Rodon - Leeds

LB : Davis - Ipswich 

CM : Sara - Norwich

CM : Dewsbury-Hall - Leicester

AM : Rutter - Leeds

RW : Whittaker - Plymouth

CF : Armstrong - Southampton

LW : Summerville - Leeds

So I got 7/11! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Even Ampadu over Rodon is baffling 😂

I get Greaves but wouldn’t say Walker Peters has been great. Rodon is the best centre back in the division. 

The non inclusion of Armstrong is baffling. 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

I get Greaves but wouldn’t say Walker Peters has been great. Rodon is the best centre back in the division. 

Yep totally agree. 

Like many have been saying, it’s a Leeds love in isn’t it. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bert said:

Yep totally agree. 

Like many have been saying, it’s a Leeds love in isn’t it. 

Basically.

They are seen as a  cash cow I guess. Which is crazy when you think of the number of high profile clubs in the Championship now. 

Other than Davis Or Morsy, I was struggling to put Ipswich players into mine. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Walker-Peters has been very good

6 minutes ago, Sly said:

Would you say better than Ricky though? 

I don't think the role he's asked to play benefits the stats they look at for shit like this. If he's playing a traditional wing back position he probably has 10-15 assists. 

Hermandsen! What has he done to deserve that. Probably because the 'stats' say he has had the most accurate passes in the league - 90% of them pointless tippy tappy one twos across his own box.  Shouldn't be anywhere near the top 11 for that abomination against Birmingham alone. 

Edited by phildw
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, phildw said:

Hermandsen! What has he done to deserve that. Probably because the 'stats' say he has had the most accurate passes in the league - 90% of them pointless tippy tappy one twos across his own box.  Shouldn't be anywhere near the top 11 for that abomination against Birmingham alone. 

Probably because even despite that mistake he is still statistically one of the best keepers in the league?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Probably because even despite that mistake he is still statistically one of the best keepers in the league?

Aa I said pointless stats. From watching the games Meslier is more deserving of the top spot. 

• Haha 4

On 10/04/2024 at 13:08, Aus Fox said:

Ridiculous comment - three more points and we hit 91, no team in the history of the league has hit 91 points and not gone up automatically. Whatever doom and gloom we want to put out there after a few bad results, we 100% deserve to go up and in any other season we would already have been promoted. 

“And in any other season” is this season’s “be careful what you wish for”. 😁

• Like 1

Let's just slag of every Leicester player give them no credit whatsoever, they're all ****ing shit, the club, the manager the board, Rudkin, Top. 

Shitest bunch of ***** to ever wear the shirt and the manager is a failed ****ing pound shop pep who should be sacked with 4 games to go and replaced with Alan Curbishely player 442 hoof ball with a team of midgets.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Walker-Peters has been very good

He is just a good player generally.

I'm really surprised a mid table premier league club didn't pick him up in the summer. Thought he'd be nailed on to go somewhere like Palace.

• Like 1

Based on the ratings from the Sofa Score app, which I think are from Opta and therefore entirely stats based, and selecting an XI which is balanced in midfield and attack eg not playing only attacking or left sided CMs, the XI of the season is:

Johansson

Walker Peters

Harwood-Bellis

Greaves

Davis

Sheaf

Azaz

KDH

Sara

Armstrong

Summerville

I've included Sara as a right sided attacker as that is now where he is playing for Norwich. Otherwise, Fatawu is the highest rated right sided attacker in the league - not surprising as he has created more big chances than any other player in the league.

Edited by Sunbury Fox