Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

59 minutes ago, davieG said:
Table update: If Southampton win their two games in hand they will be on level points with Leeds.
Last game of the season: Leeds United vs Southampton 👀

Useful that neither can take full points on the final day. Might help take one or both out of the equation, and if Saints don’t win their 2 games in hand hopefully they can prevent Leeds for winning. 

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

2 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Not for a minute that I think this is going to happen myself, but the optimist wearing those blue tinted glasses would say, we win against West Brom Saturday,  Leeds lose away at Boro on Monday after, and we will be promoted with a home win the following night against Southampton.

I think this does show how a win v WBA would put us in a relatively strong position, with a lot of pressure piled onto Leeds for their game at Boro.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yep. If Saints win their game in hand (on us) and also beat us, they will be only 1 point behind us having played the same amount of games.

I think this is why our inability to turn a loss into a draw is concerning. I find it very weird how we’re all or nothing this year. 

Losing instead of drawing the last 3 away games could be the difference. I’m still struggling to understand how we’ve lost to 3 teams of that standard. 

Id take a draw against Southampton now. That said, I do think the way they play will suit us. 

Edited by Nobbyburton
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

We have yet again been given a second  bite of the cherry, will we fcuk it up again against West Brom !!!!

Aren't they one of the teams we never seem to beat at home but always away?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Raj said:

Alot of possibilities in there.

The most likely possibility  at the moment is that we actually lose our game in hand?

Isnt that a more likely possibility!

Not disputing that at all. 

If and it's a big if we get promoted the Prem will be a massive challenge for us. We are miles away from the quality needed. Teams that were promoted to the Prem last season look like they are all going to be relegated. That together with points deductions means it will be even tougher. Recruitment will be key but how much will we have to spend. Not much I guess. Don't want to be negative but a reality check is needed.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, StevieH said:

If and it's a big if we get promoted the Prem will be a massive challenge for us. We are miles away from the quality needed. Teams that were promoted to the Prem last season look like they are all going to be relegated. That together with points deductions means it will be even tougher. Recruitment will be key but how much will we have to spend. Not much I guess. Don't want to be negative but a reality check is needed.

I think most of us have accepted that because of the circumstances, we will in all likelihood come straight back down, but that it is still preferable to not going up at all

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Honestly think there might be a pro Ipswich agenda. We had some astounding decisions - one a stonewall pen against them - not given. And I’ve seen a lot of other dubious decisions that go their way late on that they profit from.

Don’t forget they should of been down to ten men in the away game against us as well. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ealingfox said:

But they're not lucky apparently.

yeah awaiting someone to pipe in with "you make your own luck"

have to admit never seen so many decisions etc go their way tbh, amount of luck they get it truly incredible

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The new EFL TV deal is an absolute joke. 

41% of Championship games each weekend will not be played at Saturday 3pm. 

Yeah it's not good, one of the few things I immediately enjoy when back in the EFL is more Saturday 3pm games. 5 a weekend not at that time is a big shift.