Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cairney

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If its them two plus Dewsbury-Hall and Ndidi. We probably need one more box to box midfielder and it wouldn't be bad for the championship. 

Then we need to get the wide players because we will need at least 3 of them. 

If these reported signings all come off, then I can see a midfield three of Winks - KDH - Cairney for the upcoming season. 

If Maresca goes 3-4-1-2, then I see Cairney being the more advanced midfielder.

If that ends up being the case, I don’t really see any proper wingers coming in. 

We may go for players like Chair for example, who are more versatile, could easily fit into a 3-4-1-2, but could move out to the left-wing if we do change formation. Joel Piroe would be of similar nature, mainly a striker, but has played wide right for Swansea a few times. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kingfox said:

If these reported signings all come off, then I can see a midfield three of Winks - KDH - Cairney for the upcoming season. 

If that ends up being the case, I don’t really see any proper wingers coming in. 

We may go for players like Chair for example, who are more versatile, could easily fit into a 3-4-1-2, but could move out to the left-wing if we do change formation. Joel Piroe would be of similar nature, mainly a striker, but has played wide right for Swansea a few times. 

We still need a wide option, especially if Barnes leaves. Even if it's just a plan B. 

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

If its 3 at the back, who's play the LCB role? I think we'll play a dynamic 4-2-3-1 system but I maybe wrong.

Thought he was brilliant some years ago and Fulham fans rate him highly. 

They have the option of extending his contract another year and I expect they will, as he played 32 games last season. 

Suspect this is his agent talking to get him a better/longer deal. 

Imagine it was always Winks we were most serious about. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If its 3 at the back, who's play the LCB role? I think we'll play a dynamic 4-2-3-1 system but I maybe wrong.

I’d get rid of Faes and get in someone new, someone preferably left footed or someone with experience of playing on the left, Ronnie Edwards being a fair example.

I’m just not sure a four with Coady partnering Souttar will work, especially if we continue with a high line. Teams will just sit back, then exploit their lack of pace with counter attacks. Coady in the middle of a back three, with more mobility and pace around him just seems more ideal to me, if that means leaving Souttar out, so be it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Well, he just went down with a leg injury (untouched) in Fulham’s friendly against Chelsea, so I’d say we should have the transfer finalized by tomorrow. 

Casadei clearly desperate to join us so got the word out to his mates to crop him to leave his path to us unchallenged…

• 2 weeks later...