Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cairney

He's a decent player to be fair, but he's older than I realised.

It's this sort of deal where it hits home the level of squander. We now want Fulham players they're discarding and have a genuinely decent case to do so.

I know we made him look like Zidane about 4 weeks ago but he really isn't good enough - unless he's seen as a squad player.

I like that we'd be looking for experienced pros but I think for that sort of position, you need better.

looking at the bigger picture here with Cairney; he'd be a decent addition as i said earlier, but we cant go offering him a 4 yr deal,

2 with a option of a 3rd, 

his wages cant be stupid high, 

but even then hes had injury issues for a couple of seasons i think too.

Hmmm, if he was cheap enough on a 2 year deal max then go for it. Even in the championship his underlying numbers are surprisingly mediocre. If it was the case of Cainrey or Chair, then it's the latter every time.

• Like 1

At Championship level he would be a sensible signing, as Strider said, we’ll need 2-3 players like this who have experience at this level, preferably players who have been part of promotion winning teams.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I know we made him look like Zidane about 4 weeks ago but he really isn't good enough - unless he's seen as a squad player.

I like that we'd be looking for experienced pros but I think for that sort of position, you need better.

Like who? In recent years he's consistently been one of the better players in the Championship.

The problem is if we then get promotion then we give players like this a 3/4 year deal then we are stuck with them in the premier league and we are struggling again.

Easier said than done but we need to sign them hidden gems that are happy to have a season in the championship and that can make the step up.