Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cairney

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

Couldn't care less. We could have a team of them, as long as they get us back up.

Posts like this were littered all over the Morgan thread when he first signed. One of our best ever managers is a Forest legend btw :rolleyes:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's some sick individuals in this thread. There's no place for it in the game.

I apologise Ric.

Please don’t vandalise my washing with spaghetti hoops. 

• Haha 2

So it proves we can think short term which is good to see. Obviously learnt our lesson for completely building for the future and neglecting the here and now. 

experienced player who knows the champ and won’t be stuck with him for 5 more years.

what’s not to like!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Good player at championship level, wouldn’t turn my nose up at him on a short term deal 

Is he though, he had one very good season in the Championship about 3-4 years ago and other than that he's been half decent at best. He's now 32, I don't really see the point but then this is the rude awakening.

We will need 10-15 new players and it's going to be a real mix of muck.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is he though, he had one very good season in the Championship about 3-4 years ago and other than that he's been half decent at best. He's now 32, I don't really see the point but then this is the rude awakening.

We will need 10-15 new players and it's going to be a real mix of muck.

He’s been in the championship team of the season twice, made the play offs twice (one of those he was in tots) and won the league (not in tots). Often as captain. That is fairly valuable experience of a league our squad has a little experience in, but no real promotion experience. He’s still getting minutes is 33 games in the prem this season, albeit not having much impact. 

I’d see him as a squad player, but he is a leader and would likely be good to have around. Can’t imagine it would be more than a 1-2 year deal given his age. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

He’s been in the championship team of the season twice, made the play offs twice (one of those he was in tots) and won the league (not in tots). Often as captain. That is fairly valuable experience of a league our squad has a little experience in, but no real promotion experience. He’s still getting minutes is 33 games in the prem this season, albeit not having much impact. 

I’d see him as a squad player, but he is a leader and would likely be good to have around. Can’t imagine it would be more than a 1-2 year deal given his age. 

I just can't get excited about such mediocre players but I better start and quick as the glory years are over.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Excels in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 in the championship butwe don’t have a striker suited to leading the line BY HIMSELF in this league yet so no.

We haven't had one since Ulloa left. A real big mistake and was what cost us top 4,  Not once but twice.

That was when I realised Rogers wasn't up to the job, Even though results were ok back then.

• Like 1

Its just the way the same tired old shit names crop up at this level, and when youre at this level, thats who you get linked with.

Theyre just all grifters with at best modest talent.

Theres always a Jed Wallace. A Henri Lansbury. A Grant Hanley. A Callum Robinson.

All these kind of modestly alright berks that you have to bring in who spend their whole career stinking out the wannabe league.

Theres a modicum of happiness at the moment because a ball hasnt been kicked. Seeing a team full of these players and watching a home defeat 0-1 v Preston in the rain in January to slip to 14th place gets real old, real fast.

Much needed leadership in the dressing room and would bring some Andy King vibes that served us so well last time we got promoted.

He ran our current midfield ragged last time we played Fulham too - which doesn't say a lot, but he looks like he's a fighter too. 

• Like 1

Goal scoring midfielder, good leadership and captain experience. Will be a good rotational piece for the right fee.

Team is desperate for more leaders, players like him or someone like Coady used in the right role’s within the squad are vital for such a long season.

• Like 1

Average at best, but that's the state we're in now. ****ing depressing that he'd be a signing that would make sense for the position we're in but on a 1 or 2 year deal max and for sub 5m he wouldn't be the worst signing we could make

14 hours ago, miles2lcfc said:

Who’s trying to sign players then when we don’t have a manager. Just a thought, get a manager, ask what players he wants, buy them. 

I'd say that points more to the fact we're after a head coach.