Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cairney

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

The problem is if we then get promotion then we give players like this a 3/4 year deal then we are stuck with them in the premier league and we are struggling again.

Easier said than done but we need to sign them hidden gems that are happy to have a season in the championship and that can make the step up.

He's a solid player and he's also performed in the premier league as well.

For us, we need midfielders, him and Ilias Chair will complement the likes of KDH and Hamza.

Edited by Happy Fox

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

God I hate this 

For me, I don't hate it because it would be the world's worst transfer.

I hate it more because it WOULDN'T be the world's worst transfer at the moment.

Which makes me want to jump off my roof head first.

This time last year Houssem fvcking Aouar might not have been good enough for us.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This time last year Houssem fvcking Aouar might not have been good enough for us.

Don't remind me of these things, we've gone from being linked with Madueke to Tom ****ing Cairney 

I hate that it makes sense for this league. God how we've fallen 

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

God I hate this.

Did he do anything at prem level? Minute they get promoted he's basically non-existent 

Just in case you missed it - we are in the Championship - him and Coady would at least provide leadership, will to win and be top end Champs.......2 year deals with 3rd option based upon appearances and prem promotion..................this is just the type of signing we need 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

God I hate this.

Did he do anything at prem level? Minute they get promoted he's basically non-existent 

We need to get into the PL first.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Nothing says Championship more than seeing Tielemans leave on a free, Maddison join Newcastle / Spurs and Harvey Barnes go to West Ham, all whilst we sign Tom Cairney :cry:

But that's where the club is right now

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Here we go again .......................  The Standard Life of Football Clubs.  We have only just stopped topping up Bertrand´s Pension Pot. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Nothing says Championship more than seeing Tielemans leave on a free, Maddison join Newcastle / Spurs and Harvey Barnes go to West Ham, all whilst we sign Tom Cairney :cry:

But that's where the club is right now

See you later guys, I'm off back to the Depression thread.

• Haha 1

Relax, it'll be Shelvey, fallen out with Forest, might bring Dennis with him too, they have to reduce their squad so that their training ground doesn't look like a scene from Ben Hur (very very crowded). Might even get Jack Colback thrown in, they call him "The Ginger Pirlo" :D

FM11 wonderkid :thumbup: A tad prone to injuries though I think, known quantity in the Championship and has been Captain at Fulham recently... adds experience and leadership which are both desperately important right now.

Just now, Jaspa said:

FM11 wonderkid :thumbup: A tad prone to injuries though I think, known quantity in the Championship and has been Captain at Fulham recently... adds experience and leadership which are both desperately important right now.

I like the sound of "Leadership", we have / had far too few leaders, it needs to be a criteria this summer to get a few of those in, leaders don't allow those collapses and "heads gone" moments we experienced so often. 

Categorically do not put him on any more than a 2 year deal at his age. Although knowing us we'll give him 3, maybe 4, then maybe an extra year on top of that on the condition he gets a bad injury.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Like who? In recent years he's consistently been one of the better players in the Championship.

God knows who, i'm no scout.

He certainly hasn't been one of the better players in recent years. Not for the last 5/6 years at least.

Its a signing that would get smith and parkers approval ... lets just accept its going to be one of them. 

Everything we did well... signing young and upcoming... going straight out the window for someone on a decline.  This was the type of move villa made when they first went down.... and no surprises they failed hard. 

Edited by Lambert09