Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cairney

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I just can't get excited about such mediocre players but I better start and quick as the glory years are over.

It's a struggle to adjust isn't it. This time last year I was looking at Orkun Kokcu compilations & now i'm trying to decide if Rudkin has got Tom Huddleston's phone number

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Just went to look him up, this Everton story is comical 😅

IMG_8963.jpeg

He was doomed there, with a manager not on board with him, the club signing other players he didn't want, the manager signing players he didn't want. Here had had the complete trust of Pearson.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

KDH has championship experience, as does Hamza…. This would be an absolute waste of a signing, he’s over the hill as it is and we don’t need him. We should be targeting players like Alex Scott. 

We are in the wrong division to target Alex Scott. He next move is heading to a different place..... 

Edit, I have no issue with looking at players like Cairney on short term deals. Just no long and expensive contracts!  As for Scott, we should be making sure that Alves and Brakebrook become the next sought after superstars (once their new knees are sorted). 

Edited by Chelmofox

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

KDH has championship experience, as does Hamza…. This would be an absolute waste of a signing, he’s over the hill as it is and we don’t need him. We should be targeting players like Alex Scott

image.gif.54361c68d883ec5025366f3d1dcb0999.gif

If the choice was cairney, or barkley(29) on a free for almost the same outlay, who do you think would be better?

Personally out of the 2 i’d rather take a punt on reigniting Barkleys in the championship than getting 1 solid year out of Cairney but i can’t say i’ve followed barkley enough to know where he’s at these days. 

6 goal contributions in 900 minutes really doesn’t sound bad but the question is why did he only get 900 minutes at nice? 

Oh and fwiw, this isn’t me suggesting we should sign him. Both aren’t the profile of players i’d like us to go for. Just 2 players i’d guess are close in ability and price. 

53 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

If the choice was cairney, or barkley(29) on a free for almost the same outlay, who do you think would be better?

Personally out of the 2 i’d rather take a punt on reigniting Barkleys in the championship than getting 1 solid year out of Cairney but i can’t say i’ve followed barkley enough to know where he’s at these days. 

6 goal contributions in 900 minutes really doesn’t sound bad but the question is why did he only get 900 minutes at nice? 

Oh and fwiw, this isn’t me suggesting we should sign him. Both aren’t the profile of players i’d like us to go for. Just 2 players i’d guess are close in ability and price. 

My word, reigniting a waste of space Barkley, wasn’t Rodgers banging on about trying to polish turds, yet just turned everyone to turd!

I get your point, but he’d just be our equivalent to Jack Rodwell at Sunderland. We need to be signing players with CHARACTER, good solid characters, we need some leaders back here. Yes a bit of spice and younger players too, but I couldn’t get behind us signing anyone who remotely stinks of being a waste of space, and Barkley has been exactly that from what I’ve seen of his career development.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

My word, reigniting a waste of space Barkley, wasn’t Rodgers banging on about trying to polish turds, yet just turned everyone to turd!

I get your point, but he’d just be our equivalent to Jack Rodwell at Sunderland. We need to be signing players with CHARACTER, good solid characters, we need some leaders back here. Yes a bit of spice and younger players too, but I couldn’t get behind us signing anyone who remotely stinks of being a waste of space, and Barkley has been exactly that from what I’ve seen of his career development.

completely fair. But you do get the odd redemption story. Could just be another jack whiltshire, ali or drinky though! 

Chelsea have killed off so many players careers 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

completely fair. But you do get the odd redemption story. Could just be another jack whiltshire, ali or drinky though! 

Chelsea have killed off so many players careers 

Agreed mate. Stamford Bridge is an absolute graveyard for players that aren’t World Class, all those ‘up n coming’ players go there, never play, get shipped out and/or rot there until

they move on several years later.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Agreed mate. Stamford Bridge is an absolute graveyard for players that aren’t World Class, all those ‘up n coming’ players go there, never play, get shipped out and/or rot there until

they move on several years later.

the biggest travesty is Hudson-odoi if they’d allowed him to join bayern he might have been one of the best by now. That contract has killed him 

• Like 1

Going to be a very long summer for some, with they’re recommended transfer targets.

We are a championship club now and not every player is going to be signed for the starting 11 the championship is about depth and leadership. We need at least 3 plays in the middle of park with the players we assume will leave. 

Cairney imho, would be a solid signing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/06/2023 at 12:30, Babylon said:

We need to ask ourselves what was successful last time. It wasn't buying a load of "names", it was mixing a bunch of old pros who know the league (like this fella) and a load of young and hungry talent.

I'm fearful that we'll forget that seeing as we've just come down and try and go with names, remember the Keown etc shambles many years ago.

It depends if you want an immediate return, I personally think we ahould aim for 3 seasons in mind and as you say, look for younger talent, but I don't think that's what we'll do