Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Blue Maff

Tielemans to villa

Huge shame for him and probably them. I will always love him for the fa cup but he has dropped off massively in the last 18 months or so. He always struggled physically, if he applied himself, focused and did a bit of work at the gym he would probably be off to a CL club, and we wouldn’t be in the championship. His decline was one of the pieces of our relegation jigsaw sadly. 

• Like 1

I can’t wait to see Youri moving abroad to play football in a couple of years time when Villa realise that he is less mobile than Coutinho.

Such a shame as loved Youri but as others have said his unprofessionalism to actually keep himself PL match fit/shape will not be missed.

6 minutes ago, Your Honour said:

Ran his contract down to sign for Villa 😂 shows you the sort of bloke he is. Good riddance, Villa’s problem now.

Yeah. A bloke who doesn’t want to play championship football under Dean Smith. Fair play to him 

Interested to see his performance and fitness levels. If he clicks into gear again it's further evidence the problems we've had these last couple of years have been internal, not just drop offs from individual players but things the management & Club itself have been neglecting.

We should've sold him. We'll remember him for the FA Cup goal, for a while a vital component in a great team, but now it still hurts.

3 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I can’t wait to see Youri moving abroad to play football in a couple of years time when Villa realise that he is less mobile than Coutinho.

Such a shame as loved Youri but as others have said his unprofessionalism to actually keep himself PL match fit/shape will not be missed.

Read that at first glance as less mobile than Columbo.  

And I wouldn't have disagreed with that either.  

• Haha 4

Not going to lie, this has annoyed me. Ran his contract down so he can move to villa on a free. 

Obviously don't know what he was offered but him signing a new contract would've have set the tone for others potentially and we might not have got into this mess. 

Blame the club more than him, for allowing it to happen. A move to Villa make sense for him in a lot of ways, doesn't have to move house. Probably be the same with Barnes.

• Like 3

Really disappointing to be honest, been shit for 18 months, stopped putting any effort in and then ends up back in the same position he was when he decided to start running his contract down

It feels like one of those situations where nobody really wins, we lose a player that had decent value for nothing after he dropped off a cliff performance wise, Villa sign a player on, I imagine, pretty high wages that isn't really an upgrade on what they have, Tielemans ends up back where he was before downing tools and has significantly tarnished his reputation both with our fans and overall with the general public

• Like 1

Bit surprised he didn’t wait a bit longer to weigh up his options but like people have said before if he didn’t want to have to live family it’s probably about the best he can do.

37 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Those who allowed this to happen on a free transfer should hang their heads in shame, outrageous.

How many times, you can’t force a player to leave.

Its happening more and more as players see this as the best way to make money although would guess it’s not worked out as well as Tielemans hoped.

6 minutes ago, 99 Problems said:

Maybe not but it’s a ****ing good job he did 

That makes no sense. He would have got some sort of a move anyway. All its done is highlight the poor attitude he has had over the last few season, which in turn has led to the big clubs realising he wasnt worth the risk and the money. All in all its a pretty naff move for him and if he had acquitted himself better he would have likely fared better.

Good luck Youri, but lay off the waffles mate.