Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Blue Maff

Tielemans to villa

So he refused to sign a deal at club which was the FA Cup holders and in Europe to go to Villa? 

Don’t get me wrong they’re a club on the up and it’s a good move but this is what he’s downed tools for?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, MattFox said:

We’re in the Championship, Villa finished 7th in the premier league 

Its not a sideways move whatever else you think of it

Non big 6 clubs are like F1 teams outside of Merc, Ferrari and Red Bull

One good season no indication of the following (although Villa do look quite good atm especially if they get Barnes as well)

2 minutes ago, eblair said:

Non big 6 clubs are like F1 teams outside of Merc, Ferrari and Red Bull

One good season no indication of the following (although Villa do look quite good atm especially if they get Barnes as well)

Just like Birmingham all over again signing Savage, Hesky and Izzet 🙈

Think the big boys will have been turned off by his mediocrity this season (with the exception of a couple of stunning goals). His attitude was questioned at Monaco let’s not forget, part of the reason he came to us in the first place

• Like 1

Not sure why people bother where he goes. He's been shit for us this season. I don't care if he ends up at mansfield town.

He was hoping for a big move but has not sold himself this season. I'm just glad him and his attitude have fvcked off. Hes not as good as he thinks he is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, don_danbury said:

they're talking about tielemans as a bench player on the villa forum lol 

Love this. Who the fck do they think they are? 

I'm swimming against the current with the bitterness on here against Youri. But imo Villa have fluked getting a potentially top class player who's way beyond their level. This is what Villa always do.

Always have. Steve Staunton or Julian Joachim or Lloyd McGrath or Peter Schmeichel or now Buendia and Youri. They wait like vultures for players who make their name elsewhere and opportunistically pick them up. Rancid club. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Bryn said:

So he refused to sign a deal at club which was the FA Cup holders and in Europe to go to Villa? 

Don’t get me wrong they’re a club on the up and it’s a good move but this is what he’s downed tools for?

Villa were in the relegation battle with us pre World Cup! Short memories indeed 

9 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I don't think he did 'down tools'. I honestly don't believe that's in his nature. Tielemans is without doubt a naturally talented player, albeit overweight, unfit and significantly out of form. As a creative mid, he's not that versatile either - nonetheless, he's good at what he does (although he showed little evidence of it this season). He'll have the same occasional flashes of brilliance at Villa that he did for us and it's a great acquisition for them with no outlay. If he finds his form again, he may yet attract the attention of larger suitors. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I don't think he did 'down tools'. I honestly don't believe that's in his nature. Tielemans is without doubt a naturally talented player, albeit overweight, unfit and significantly out of form. As a creative mid, he's not that versatile either - nonetheless, he's good at what he does (although he showed little evidence of it this season). He'll have the same occasional flashes of brilliance at Villa that he did for us and it's a great acquisition for them with no outlay. If he finds his form again, he may yet attract the attention of larger suitors. 

That salary is going to be a massive burden for them when he’s giving the ball away constantly and then warming the bench. Looking forward to Villa having their own ffp concerns.

20 minutes ago, Bryn said:

It’ll all be short lived once Emery jumps ship to a high profile club abroad.

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

That salary is going to be a massive burden for them when he’s giving the ball away constantly and then warming the bench. Looking forward to Villa having their own ffp concerns.

Possibly, but as I say, if he finds form again and gets fit then he could become a real asset as he did when he first arrived here. 

10 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Villa were in the relegation battle with us pre World Cup! Short memories indeed 

Yeah and then they went and got a world class manager whilst our board buried their heads in the sand 

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Possibly, but as I say, if he finds form again and gets fit then he could become a real asset as he did when he first arrived here. 

Yeah, if he could get 3 years younger and grow some new legs then he will do really well. Was terrible for us, and awful for Belgium. Nothing suggests he is going to magically regain his form. There will be bangers for sure, and these will paper over cracks. 

Edited by Chelmofox

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Yeah, if he could get 3 years younger and grow some new legs then he will do really well. Was terrible for us, and awful for Belgium. Nothing suggests he is going to magically regain his form. There will be bangers for sure, and these will paper over cracks. 

As I said above, I love the guy and rate him but I DON'T wish him well. I hope his happy days were with us, his mike's on the clock take their toll and he grows to resent Villa and they him. 

Maybe Villa came up with the big pay cheque and a promise of regular football. With his lethargic performances of late it'd take him an entire season to get to a fitness level to figure in one of the self entitled regular play teams. He would have become more of a bench warmer than Mahrez has managed over the years.

39 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I don't understand why he has gone there ,maybe the top 6 clubs don't think he is good enough 

Just now, John rayner said:

I don't understand why he has gone there ,maybe the top 6 clubs don't think he is good enough 

His attitude and performances were the issue. Lack luster to say the least. Would a top 6 club see him playing regularly. For a team like Villa they'll see it as a coup getting a player like Tielemens. 

You reap what you sow