Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Blue Maff

Tielemans to villa

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I didnt realize how salty I was about relegation until now. This **** didnt sign a contract  with us because he wanted a top four club and now he is at Villa. Villa is a fine club with a proud history but it is not the sort of club Youri was thinking of when he turned us down.

I hate to quote Rodgers but Youri is a prime example of a player who isnt as good as he thought he was.

Enjoy trundling around Villa Park in relative obscrurity Youri, you arrogant, so-called professional. 

Or perhaps Villa moved quickly, and established why they want him? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

He had verbally agreed to join Arsenal last season but a fee wasn’t agreed. I’m guessing their interest waned after the poor season he’s had.

...I was never of the opinion that any type of fee was on the table!!!

Why would he sign after all this time when a big signing-on bonus was just down the road? I said at Christmas that I would take £10-15m for him, right there and then but others believed he was worth more playing to the end of the season and keeping us up.

I really felt that he would not leave this club and that he would negotiate a contract because I did not feel any big club would pick him up. His performances this season show he has nothing to give us, and wherever he goes, we just need to find some more consistency to fill his role.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.

On his day he can be absolutely unplayable and I’ll always love him for THAT goal to win us the FA Cup . But the last 18-24 months he’s not had a on his day and that’s why he’s going to Villa on a free and not one of the big boys . Emery is a quality manager so will probably get him firing again . 

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

Or perhaps Villa moved quickly, and established why they want him? 

You missed my point.

This isnt a slam against Villa, who I like and respect. This is a criticism against Youri who turned us down when we were flying and then his camp leaked to everyone who would listen he wanted to sign with an elite club.

If a champions league or even europa league team came in for him we would have gone there. Villa seems like the best of what he was offered whether they did it swiftly or not and frankly, are at Youri's level.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Love this. Who the fck do they think they are? 

I'm swimming against the current with the bitterness on here against Youri. But imo Villa have fluked getting a potentially top class player who's way beyond their level. This is what Villa always do.

Always have. Steve Staunton or Julian Joachim or Lloyd McGrath or Peter Schmeichel or now Buendia and Youri. They wait like vultures for players who make their name elsewhere and opportunistically pick them up. Rancid club. 

Hmm, I wouldn’t agree with this at all. Villa may not have won the league recently, but they are former European champions. It’s a tad disrespectful to say they’re signing players beyond their level….. don’t forget we spend a decade languishing in the second and third tiers of English football, whilst they were on the premier league. 

He’s joined a club on an upwards trajectory. It’s largely our fault he’s left for free, that’s what we can be salty about, not about where he has gone. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

You missed my point.

This isnt a slam against Villa, who I like and respect. This is a criticism against Youri who turned us down when we were flying and then his camp leaked to everyone who would listen he wanted to sign with an elite club.

If a champions league or even europa league team came in for him we would have gone there. Villa seems like the best of what he was offered whether they did it swiftly or not and frankly, are at Youri's level.

I do agree with you yea. It’s just another shining example of how we’ve ****ed up. Youri leaving for clubs potentially replacing our efforts to breach the top 6.

It just makes me hate the club even more……

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

There seems to be a bit of bizarre resentment here, talk as if Villa are tin pot…. Need I remind a few that we are the silly ***** who got relegated? 

Villa are a decent squad, Emery is doing good things there, and there’s a question whether he will even get into the team regularly…. He maybe won’t….

The fact of the matter is, WE offered him a silly contract, it ran down and no one came in for him…. So the situation is as it is…… Youri is probably used to the midlands now, and Villa can offer him European football. I don’t blame him going there, they’re on an upward trajectory. 

It doesn’t sound like he was drowning in offers either. 

A completely 'no brainer' move for him there to be fair....and Villa are now where we still should be had we sacked Rodgers a lot sooner maybe! 

2 hours ago, MattFox said:

We’re in the Championship, Villa finished 7th in the premier league 

Its not a sideways move whatever else you think of it

I also strongly suspect it’s not the move Youri hoped for when he turned down the contract after winning the FA Cup and qualifying for Europa 2 years ago. 

• Like 2

Think he soon realised that you play like he has for more than a season the top 6 are not going to come calling for you he isn’t consistent enough! It does **** me off he’s gone villa because it isn’t really a progression is it but let them pay his ridiculously high wage good riddance just madders,Barnes, faes, ward, and soumare left to get out the door

Villa will probably be in the same boat we were in, in a couple of seasons. And when they are and need to fight, don't look at Youri. Good player on his day but literally has no fight or backbone. I always thought he'd end up in Italy,  where the slower pace would allow him to stroll around the pitch without a care in the world.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Hmm, I wouldn’t agree with this at all. Villa may not have won the league recently, but they are former European champions. It’s a tad disrespectful to say they’re signing players beyond their level….. don’t forget we spend a decade languishing in the second and third tiers of English football, whilst they were on the premier league. 

He’s joined a club on an upwards trajectory. It’s largely our fault he’s left for free, that’s what we can be salty about, not about where he has gone. 

I think we can be salty about where he’s gone. Villa have had 6 months of good form but they surely weren’t the club that Youri set his sights on when he refused a new deal after the FA Cup. He’s joined them because his effort and form have dropped off a Cliff and his choices therefore reduced significantly. Him playing in a Villa shirt next season rather than a Champions League team will be a constant reminder of how our team transpired to get relegated through a lack of effort because most thought we’d be fine and had one foot out of the door. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1